DiRT Rally 2.0 | Colin McRae FLAT OUT Pack Arrives March 24th

Chugster2204

50RPM
Oct 14, 2017
Nice, been waiting for a modern game to have a late 90s Impreza (97-00) in it for ages, the last one I know of was WRC 3 and that had limited usage

ZeroRisk

2000RPM
Premium
Aug 25, 2009
Nice, been waiting for a modern game to have a late 90s Impreza (97-00) in it for ages, the last one I know of was WRC 3 and that had limited usage
I'm so tempted with this for this exact reason. My car back in the UK was a MY99 Type RA imported from Japan. Loved that car like you wouldnt believe. Sonic Blue with gold alloys and 555 rally bucket seats. It was pure heaven to drive. 270bhp with about the same in torque and only a ton... power to weight was crazy and putting your foot down hard felt like someone kicking your whole body from the bum and through your back. Petrol head massage basically ;)

Rob Every

500RPM
May 31, 2008
Its very confusing, I bought a version of the game a few months ago but no idea which, it came with a few cars and all tracks except Greece and Finland, but I bought no passes or season packs, it was a bundle so am presuming this will not mean I get this for free.

To be honest I would not pay for it, Codies have been exceptionally greedy with the way they have gone about their DLC model with this game and in time it will all be dirt cheap anyway,

Reactions: BrettSinclair1

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Sep 29, 2009
Its very confusing, I bought a version of the game a few months ago but no idea which, it came with a few cars and all tracks except Greece and Finland, but I bought no passes or season packs, it was a bundle so am presuming this will not mean I get this for free.
You will. If you only lack Greece and Finland, and haven't bought any dlc's then your bundle was with season 1 and 2 included.

Reactions: bogani

cprelot

25RPM
Sep 27, 2018
useless....Dirt Rally 2.0 needed new track's no those liveries that feel and look the same afterall

mesa

250RPM
Oct 7, 2009
I'm afraid those two cars and Scotland will be available as separeate DLC addons so anybody will be able to buy them even for a base game only too

Great gift from Codemasters, however my heart is broken because we can't make custom liveries for DLC cars, because of CM's bad policy

Greg Cook

1RPM
Nov 22, 2018
Lots of packages currently available at discount on Steam.

A bit confusing though -- For someone like me who has only the "base" game, which option would I need to purchase now to update to the Deluxe edition, with all DLC and this upcoming DLC included?
if you buy the year 1 pass it shoud be 14 pound and u get all the dlc content includingthe upcoming Colin McRae dlc

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Sep 29, 2009
useless....Dirt Rally 2.0 needed new track's no those liveries that feel and look the same afterall
This is new stages as well...

I'm afraid those two cars and Scotland will be available as separeate DLC addons so anybody will be able to buy them even for a base game only too
Why are you afraid of that? You can buy it "on the side", but all "reports" from Codies looks like it will be more than 50% of a normal season, so in reality one would be better off with buying one of the season packages or the year pass.

Dec 29, 2006
well, if Codemasters wanted to generate some more turnover of season passes and stuff, it seems to have worked (just taking our thread here as a random sample of rally game playing people). Personally I don't think this is the end of 2.0 DLC, they haven't even touched the hill-climb stuff in Dirt Rally plus they may try the really old cars like the Saabs, haven't really gone down that road. People seem to be happy with the core game, so why not milk it a bit more?

testdriver77

100RPM
Nov 1, 2015
Cool, was missing this!

Why milking..... nobody is forcing anyone to buy such stuff. I my case its my hobby (simracing), i love rally, i own all seasons because i like that. Nobody forced me to doing this.

Dec 29, 2006
I'm still a bit sore because I enjoyed Dirt Rally so much and still feel weird about having to buy the same stages again. Don't think it will ever feel right to me. Hence my reluctance to buy it all straight away. Rally for me is only 05% of my racing game time, if at all.

Reactions: BrettSinclair1

Martin Fiala

5000RPM
Jun 30, 2011
I seriously doubt any hillclimb is coming for DR2.0. They can't do Pikes Peak, which basically was the only hillclimb they ever did in the past, and I'd say if new content is ever coming, traditional rally is way more likely than hillclimb IMO.