Deutschlandring

Tracks Deutschlandring 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Fat-Alfie submitted a new resource:

Deutschlandring - 10km circuit set in the German countryside

I've been away from AC for almost a couple of years, but now I'm back and I'm simply blown away by your work. This track is phenomenal, not just to drive, but the aesthetics and attention to detail are superb. You should be very proud of your... I was going to say recreation, but it's a creation from something that was just an idea some 80 years ago.

I have Bilster Berg and Feldbergring, which are also up to the same very high standard. I know I'm a bit late, but I just wanted to say thank you.

How about a fictional 1940 German GP skin? :thumbsup:

Thanks very much, I appreciate your kind words, and you taking the time to try out my track(s) :) I really enjoy making these things, and it's very rewarding when I finally get the ideas in my head onto the screen in front of my eyes. It's fun working within the limitations of not only my own skill, time, my PC's performance and AC's graphics engine. The first time I saw the mist over the river was just a brilliant feeling! :laugh:

I would say Deutschlandring is slightly better quality than Feldbergring, aesthetically, although the layout isn't quite as much fun, imo. The Bilsterberg version you have is almost certainly the last beta I released before being approached by the track owners to finish it off and sell it to them (unless you own a full motion sim rig by upracer.de). There is also my first full track for AC, Thomson Road. I was very happy with this track at the time, but it could do with a bit of spit 'n' polish ;)
uFKpwD4.jpg

My next track should be out before Christmas, hopefully. Fonteny is a 25.9km fictional 'Nordschleife 2' circuit based on some real French roads in the Regional Natural Park of Morvan. I wanted to make something that gave me the same thrill that Nords did and was convinced that somewhere in the world there must be a section of roads as exciting to drive... :whistling:
RDDfPH0.jpg

2RVOU36.jpg

As for the German GP skin for DLR, by my guest :laugh: To be honest, once I have finished a track I have very little motivation to go back and work on it again. Otherwise I would never make anything new, and just keep polishing the same 4 or 5 tracks until I lost the will to live. If anyone else feels the urge to make a 1940s skin though, go for it - it would be interesting to see how it turned out :)

The bales are two objects with different LOD distances. It looks like the low poly bales are being switched out, but then there is a delay before the high poly bales are switched in. It doesn't do that for me :O_o:

@jonelsorel before reporting these kind of problems on the mod's pages, please try to disable non-default csp optimizations first to see if the issue remains (sometimes, also driver level stuff). These aren't default for a good reason, side effects aren't rare.

Just tested on p205 (p207 actually, which is p205 patched for Time Attack), didn't get that issue. Went to settings>csp>general page, and blindly enabled all cpu and gpu optimizations and got the same flicker on the bales before the bridge. It's a csp problem.

You can try to deselect each gpu/cpu optimization shown in red one by one until it's back ok to figure which causes that issue.

Last edited:
Update: on my system enabling "Merge meshes" under CPU optimizations causes it, even if set alone without any other extra (non-default) optimizations on that page enabled.

PS: After the retries it took, I can also report that a Kremer K3 (DRM mod) is a fast means of transportation to the hostel/restaurant :laugh:

Last edited:
@jonelsorel before reporting these kind of problems on the mod's pages, please try to disable non-default csp optimizations first to see if the issue remains (sometimes, also driver level stuff). These aren't default for a good reason, side effects aren't rare.

Just tested on p205 (p207 actually, which is p205 patched for Time Attack), didn't get that issue. Went to settings>csp>general page, and blindly enabled all cpu and gpu optimizations and got the same flicker on the bales before the bridge. It's a csp problem.

You can try to deselect each gpu/cpu optimization shown in red one by one until it's back ok to figure which causes that issue.

Got it. Well, i had no way of knowing this was related to csp's optimizations before actually reporting it and you mentioning the cause. All good with merge meshes off indeed. :thumbsup:

Glad it worked, and sorry if my tone came a bit too serious. General page cpu/gpu optimizations, changes to the graphics adjustment page (combinations of extra fx also), should be the first thing to revert to default when troubleshooting sudden glitches on game assets.

Thank you for all you do for us David, Your skill set is beyond my comprehension, and your patience is also beyond belief to complete such time consuming tracks. That being said, Cheers for doing these beautiful historic/vintage style places where only cars like this feel right at home.

......Oh, and this is the first time I've been here, so don't judge my light foot and missed apexes to harshly.

Mine too! Particularly the big dip in the road as you cross the stone bridge / river halfway down, and the fast left-hander by the Gasthaus :inlove:

Thanks for the kind words @DKGORACE - it's really nice to hear from someone who enjoys what I do. Primarily, I make the tracks so I can enjoy them in AC, and if anyone else likes them too, then that's just an added bonus :thumbsup:

I have at least 2 or 3 more tracks to release, so I won't be going anywhere for a while :laugh:

Mine too! Particularly the big dip in the road as you cross the stone bridge / river halfway down, and the fast left-hander by the Gasthaus :inlove:

Thanks for the kind words @DKGORACE - it's really nice to hear from someone who enjoys what I do. Primarily, I make the tracks so I can enjoy them in AC, and if anyone else likes them too, then that's just an added bonus :thumbsup:

I have at least 2 or 3 more tracks to release, so I won't be going anywhere for a while :laugh:
That's great to hear! And as always will send a fiver here and there for your breaks for a pint at the local.I am racing on a team that races twice a week, Tuesdays are vintage cars and Saturday are modern. I'm still trying to get the boys on board with one of your tracks for Tuesdays, but don't think they'll bite as the distance is to much for them. They like to race but not practice...hahaha

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back