f11793496t516926p7630081n1-e1350811651860.jpg

grossdeutschlandring102-resimage_v-variantBig1xN_w-1472.jpg

grossdeutschlandring104-resimage_v-variantBig1xN_w-1472.jpg

Untitled-26.jpg

tafel3bild2.jpg

grossdeutschlandring110-resimage_v-variantBig1xN_w-1472.jpg

:inlove:

Nice pictures!

I have a minor question regarding the mod: I´m wondering why there is a centre strip on the road of the track like on a two-way-traffic road ? In those old pictures i see them only on a small part.
Because this version renders the remnants of a track never raced on. It’s public roads now.
See the vid above.

Nice pictures!

I have a minor question regarding the mod: I´m wondering why there is a centre strip on the road of the track like on a two-way-traffic road ? In those old pictures i see them only on a small part.

Yeah, my track is part reality (the layout) and part imagination (the style) as I have set it in the 1950s, over a decade after it was first due to be raced on. I like the idea that it was a racetrack for 1 week of the year, and public roads for the rest of the year, hence the road markings. I just liked how it looked :)

Thanks for all the interest in this track, btw. It's great to see so many people so enthusiastic about old tracks :thumbsup:

I've tried a few cars at DLR and my favourite so far is definitely the Lola T70 Ford. It feels made for this layout! The worst was probably the 250GTO which really struggles here, it is marginally faster than the Griffith at very fast tracks normally but is at least 1 second slower at Deutschlandring, if you don't nail a pretty decent entry it can't even go flat through the banked turn. I've yet to try the late 60's F1 cars, I'm guessing sub 3:10 in those two.

I wish all your tracks were on RSR browser :(

I've tried a few cars at DLR and my favourite so far is definitely the Lola T70 Ford. It feels made for this layout! The worst was probably the 250GTO which really struggles here, it is marginally faster than the Griffith at very fast tracks normally but is at least 1 second slower at Deutschlandring, if you don't nail a pretty decent entry it can't even go flat through the banked turn. I've yet to try the late 60's F1 cars, I'm guessing sub 3:10 in those two.

I tried the Griffith racing version and was 8 seconds faster than the 250 GTO (AI). I should have a go with the 250 GTO to compare. Maybe AI struggles with it a lot.

Yeah, I can't thank @Andy-R enough for working so hard on the AI line for me. On a purely personal note, his AI line brought this track to life for me because when I was using my original line and racing against the AI, I felt like I was racing against 23 versions of me. I knew the lines they would take, where I could get past, where they would brake early...

When Andy sent me his final version, suddenly I was racing against strangers! They were quicker, more realistic, harder to beat, just brilliant!

Thanks again, mate :thumbsup: You did a far better job than I did ;)

Thx @Andy-R for your ai Work!
The Miker Formula Junior is a blast at 100/100...
:)
No problem, be warned they can be pretty dodgy when side by side. I'm convinced it is to do with the sides/.csv files but that doesn't mean it is actually the case :roflmao: ... I've seen some pretty epic accidents from the AI! :D

I tried the Griffith racing version and was 8 seconds faster than the 250 GTO (AI). I should have a go with the 250 GTO to compare. Maybe AI struggles with it a lot.
The AI struggles pretty badly with all of the classic cars, they are much further off pace in the 250 GTO than the Griffith though. For example at Silverstone 67 both cars can do at least low 1:43's but the AI 250 GTO's are around the 1:48 mark where the AI Griffiths are in the 1:44's.

Yeah, I can't thank @Andy-R enough for working so hard on the AI line for me. On a purely personal note, his AI line brought this track to life for me because when I was using my original line and racing against the AI, I felt like I was racing against 23 versions of me. I knew the lines they would take, where I could get past, where they would brake early...

When Andy sent me his final version, suddenly I was racing against strangers! They were quicker, more realistic, harder to beat, just brilliant!

Thanks again, mate :thumbsup: You did a far better job than I did ;)
Thank you for the circuit! It is an absolute masterpiece! I wish I could have made the AI better in race situations but of the AI fast_lane's I made this one made them quicker over a lap (in classic race cars) than most others without any ridiculously common/consistent errors from the AI so it was the best compromise.

Thanks for the help, very much appreciate the quick reply earlier on today.

Bit of process of elimination, found that it was the shader patch that was the source of the crowd disappearing. Although I had the latest update, it looks like it had become corrupt at some point since I had it installed when it was released. In the midst of a clean install, should sort it all out!

If I have anymore issues I'll post in a more appropriate forum, now I know the shaders are the issue

There's an option on the shaders patch do reduce spectators according to session type. To have them showing according to the mod's defined detail levels vs main game settings, on CM you must to go shaders patch settings, track adjustments, untick "adjust amount of spectators".

This is wonderful work Thanks.
As you have laid this track out like it's also a public road
perhaps someone will take up the challenge of making a two way traffic layout.:)

What can work with older, slidier cars like the 250 GTO is unequal tyre pressures. This was one thing I picked up from *cough* Project Cars *cough* that was invaluable. Try these:

left front:35psi
right front: 30psi
left rear: 30psi
right rear: 24:

I borrowed them from an old Merc 300SL in PC.

The one thing about Deutschland Ring I really like is that it's representative of roads that we actually drive on. We can't all get to circuits, but, we can get to places like this if we want to. Assetto Corsa won't get you arrested, driving like that on actual roads will!

What can work with older, slidier cars like the 250 GTO is unequal tyre pressures. This was one thing I picked up from *cough* Project Cars *cough* that was invaluable. Try these:

left front:35psi
right front: 30psi
left rear: 30psi
right rear: 24:

I borrowed them from an old Merc 300SL in PC.
Thanks for the suggestion :) I tend to set the psi for optimum pressure. I think it is just a circuit the Ferrari struggles with a bit.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%