Deutschlandring

Tracks Deutschlandring 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
No idea, sorry :( The lighting is pretty new to me. I kind of managed to get the lights working but I don't really understand how the system works. I'm a graphics bloke and the lighting files are bordering on coding :O_o: Anyone else having the same issue?

Btw, here is a quick fix for anyone wanting 32 grid slots:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/je8yoojk2h8vy5r/deutschlandring v1.0_32_gridslots.zip?dl=0

I think I am probably going to have to release an update at some point so I will add the two extra slots to the full track then, but for now that fix should work ok.

Anyone else having trouble getting the track lights working? I installed by extracting to my main AC folder, I tried adding the track cfg to MODS>... as well as to extension>... and also tried turning shaders patch off and on again via JSGME but no lights on track other than my car headlights.
Did you sort this? I have no problem getting the track lights to work in single player but they won't work in a server? I tried some other tracks (on and offline) and no problems. Could someone please make a server and confirm?

Did you sort this? I have no problem getting the track lights to work in single player but they won't work in a server? I tried some other tracks (on and offline) and no problems. Could someone please make a server and confirm?
What do you have on the server track folder-wise? I normally just add surfaces.ini but maybe there is something else in there needed to work with the shaders patch cfg. There is a file called "lighting.ini" you could try including that on the server? Or it might not be possible. IIRC there was some reason why LilSki added seperate layouts for night lights, it may well have been because of something like this.

What do you have on the server track folder-wise? I normally just add surfaces.ini but maybe there is something else in there needed to work with the shaders patch cfg. There is a file called "lighting.ini" you could try including that on the server? Or it might not be possible. IIRC there was some reason why LilSki added seperate layouts for night lights, it may well have been because of something like this.
Thanks, it's sorted. David sent me a different version of conditions.ini which lives in extension\config\tracks\common and now I have lights on and off line. Sorry I missed your reply, wasn't notified by RD.

Because Watkins doesn't host actual endurance races at night so the night lit versions with the portable generator lights are pure fantasy. I did not want them to be a permanent part of the track on the main "layouts".

Because Watkins doesn't host actual endurance races at night so the night lit versions with the portable generator lights are pure fantasy. I did not want them to be a permanent part of the track on the main "layouts".
Ah ok, I remembered it was a thing but not much else!

Have a beer, thanks for your amazing track. Truly beautiful to drive. Just spent an hour taking all the DRM pack around. The M1 and Zakspeed Capri being my favourites on this layout. Tests your heel toe and gear choices very well and so entertaining.

Hadn't a chance to try it, shaders patch 0.1.25 p69 has just been released and it lists on fixes: • "Spectators shading is fixed, and they have normals now;" If all is finally set now, users of the shaders patch should revert to the vanilla textures zip file.

Thanks FatAlfie for this great track. One little thing, when in chase cam 2, LOD for the billboards (400) is too low, right after the last corner going to s/f straight. In cockpit view and all other cams its ok.
billboards.jpg

I have been away for 6 weeks without access to RD and I come home to your finished version. Dave this is a wonderful rendition and another must have. I look forward to giving this a good thrashing in VR with some of the older content cars. I will also drop some beer tokens you way mate. Thanks again for everything you do.

Great track, I got to drive around it last night in a Ferrari GTO on a server. The tarmac details, the scenery, the overall atmosphere are very immersive, you really feel you are in some old racing movie. The three sections of the track (fast, twisty, hillclimb) make for an exciting lap every time.

One thing that surprised me is how tiny the GTO looks on the road. Why were those tracks so wide? I was expecting something narrower, like at the Nordschleife. Check this screenshot: in this corner you could fit 3 GTOs in just half of the road, which means 6 cars wide.
95AC80606D436B582D0AF274BB72B4964E9388A9

I probably did go a bit wide on the hairpin bends :redface:

They designed the Deutschlandring to address their perceived shortcomings of the Nürburgring. They considered it too narrow for good racing (fair point) and too far away from Berlin. The information I found about the track from the 1930s stated that it had an overall width of 12m, increasing to 24m for the long banked curve at Hockenstein.

I probably did go a bit wide on the hairpin bends :redface:

They designed the Deutschlandring to address their perceived shortcomings of the Nürburgring. They considered it too narrow for good racing (fair point) and too far away from Berlin. The information I found about the track from the 1930s stated that it had an overall width of 12m, increasing to 24m for the long banked curve at Hockenstein.
It's not too narrow for me. I detest narrow tracks for racing because blocking is far too easy and they limit how creative you can be with your lines and overtaking opportunities.

Came to think wouldn't it be cool to have a modern day version of Deutschlandring from the alternative universe where the track was finished and has been operational ever since. Kind of like an artistic interpretation/study how to track might look today :geek::coffee:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back