How much of a sim is Dakar 18? Details, please. Does it have the depth to appeal to those who want realistic, detailed vehicle simulation and good FFB?
Steering wheel support?
Damage? Other than visual damage, that is. How accurately is it simulated?
How detailed are the maps? They are enormous sure, so hopefully it's not just generated nothingness
Modability?
Are you planning to support the game after launch?
Adjustable FOV? Adjustable camera position for in-car view?
Being able to turn off effects like motion blur?
When will we get unedited continuous gameplay footage? The WIP kind, yes.

Last edited:
How much is a sim is Dakar 18? Details, please. Does it have the depth to appeal to those who want realistic, detailed vehicle simulation and good FFB?
Steering wheel support?
Damage? Other than visual damage, that is. How accurately is it simulated?
How detailed are the maps? They are enormous sure, so hopefully it's not just generated nothingness
Modability?
Are you planning to support the game after launch?
When will we get unedited continuous gameplay footage? The WIP kind, yes.
+9999999999

Am I the only one thinking it's not a ingame screenshots ?
No, you're not, but I don't even bother pointing it out anymore. These don't look like in-game by any means. In engine - possibly. But in-game - very unlikely IMO. These look like some pretty complex renders inserted into in-game backgrounds (maybe - the foreground textures and structures still look a bit too good to be in-game, IMO, but who knows). I don't think we've seen a single true in-game screen or video from this game yet.

Looks like renders to me. Good modeling, but definitely rendered in max or something. My jaw will drop if that's in-game images.

It seems that they forgot to put marks of wheels, maybe this way the images lost less credibility

ohhh....the vehicles were deposited by a helicopter, now I understand :p

Will the physics of the vehicles and terrains be realistic?
Will the handling of the vehicles be simulative, using the driving aids to help casual gamers?

Well, images are nice.. but if not 100% sim as we all expect here, at least I hope it will be cool to drive.

Question

Are there any previous racing games that inspire the development of Dakar 18? Like gameplay mechanics that are not directly related to the game's physics and handling models.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back