and how easy it is to place in the Leader boards. Just finishing is enough to be in the top ten in many cases.
Time upload is disabled by default. I bet most players don't know about it and keep it disabled.
Additionally, the leaderboards were added a long time after the release and most players already have stopped playing at the time the online ranking feature was added.

They planned it as a sports game with a new version every year. But according to the Steam forums, they had some troubles besides the fact that Dakar 18 was released in a very bugged alpha state. There are plans for a new Dakar game, but with a different, not yet announced publisher and definately no release in 2019 anymore.

I think this means no updates for Dakar anymore :(

Being in a "And now for something completely different" kind of a mood, I purchased "Dakar 18" from Steam today.

Does anyone know how to set up the controllers in this thing? I use a TM PC-Racer for steering and Fanatec Clubsport v3 pedals. Dakar detects them just fine (They're listed under "Devices") but when I try calibrating them, things seem to be on the wrong axes (ie - the brake pedal is the clutch, and vice-versa) and I don't see any options to assign paddle shifters to manual transmission etc, etc, etc.

So can someone explain exactly how I can get the controls configured properly? I don't want to spend my entire 2-hour "tryout period" experimenting with hit-and-miss controller set up on my own. I'd like to get past that stage to see how the game actually plays before I decide whether to keep it.

So any help would be greatly appreciated!

Is there really nobody that can help with this? I learned of Dakar 18 (and it's upcoming sequel) here on RD, so I assume someone has experience with this title. If I could only get the controller situation sorted out, I think this might be fun (and unique). Otherwise it's gonna have to go back.

Thanks!

Estando en un tipo de estado de ánimo "Y ahora para algo completamente diferente", compré "Dakar 18" de Steam hoy.

¿Alguien sabe cómo configurar los controladores en esta cosa? Uso un TM PC-Racer para la dirección y pedales Fanatec Clubsport v3. Dakar los detecta bien (están enumerados en "Dispositivos") pero cuando intento calibrarlos, las cosas parecen estar en los ejes equivocados (es decir, el pedal del freno es el embrague y viceversa) y no lo hago. vea las opciones para asignar paletas de cambio a la transmisión manual, etc., etc., etc.

Entonces, ¿alguien puede explicar exactamente cómo puedo configurar los controles correctamente? No quiero pasar todo mi "período de prueba" de 2 horas experimentando con la configuración del controlador impredecible por mi cuenta. Me gustaría pasar esa etapa para ver cómo se desarrolla realmente el juego antes de decidir si me quedo con él.

Así que cualquier ayuda sería muy apreciada!
Hello Newbert,
I am in the same situation. I just got here and am not able to get my Fanatec DD1 and Heusinkveld pedals to work.
If you've managed to set them up, I'd appreciate it if you'd share the info.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello Newbert,
I am in the same situation. I just got here and am not able to get my Fanatec DD1 and Heusinkveld pedals to work.
If you've managed to set them up, I'd appreciate it if you'd share the info.
Thank you.
Sorry -- I eventually gave up and returned the game to Steam for a refund.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.0%