WHY AM I ONLY SEEING THIS NOW???

I've been praying for a Dakar game for years... Maybe, just maybe we're finally getting a proper one! (Aaaaaand it's time to whip out my PS2 and search for that bloody disc... Those were the days!)

Great news, can't tell anything from the trailer since it is 0 ingame shots (saw some saying on Facebook that "the physics looks bad" but 0 gamephysics in the trailer :p), but nice to see this, I have wanted this for years. Hopefully it is at least simulator-ish, and mostly hopefully it works with more than one input-device (which WRC7 did not when I tried it...)

it will at least be one of the most hotly disputed titles of the year, judging by the posts generated here in 24 hours, which i think is always good. game looks good to me, i'll be looking out for it in steam christmas sale 2018 :)

YEAH!!!! Just saw this on the facebook page:

26166748_1554588294624604_1965550286568599583_n.jpg
That looks like a real life photo.. I don't think those cars will be in the game.

Don't take marketing material and plans as a blueprint for the release version.
I love being hyped just as much as anybody else around here, but i'm around too long to spread positivity before we even see some beta gameplay (which is - as we all know - nearly always staged and rarely represents actual gameplay).

All i can say is: If it's fun to drive i don't care if it's an arcade title or a hardcore sim.
If it's not fun to drive i don't care what it is :)

yea right.. they call it simulation only because they have working suspension? this will be arcade only for sure. Btw, they chosen a wrong year... Robby Gordon is not there with the Hummer. Who wants to drive those shitty diesel cars.

The Hilux is powered by the same petrol V8 as ever.

Anyway, don't get your hopes up too high guys. Judging by the fact that they are planning to include motorcycles in this, you can tell that they are not very serious about making a proper racing sim. This will be a simcade at best.

The Hilux is powered by the same petrol V8 as ever.

Anyway, don't get your hopes up too high guys. Judging by the fact that they are planning to include motorcycles in this, you can tell that they are not very serious about making a proper racing sim. This will be a simcade at best.
Support wheels ftw!
You may have a point but there could be various driving aids so you can go from 'fat chance' to 'look ma, no hands'.
Regardles of whether the 'cade moniker can/will be atttached to the game or not, whether it'll be like RBR or Wreckfest or something in-between, if it's fun it's fun.
And besides the driving model I hope they deliver wrt the navigation, damage, getting stuck... Pay attention or pay the cost.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 158 87.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 30 16.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 54 29.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 66 36.5%