The good: amazing trailer.
The bad: released game = ultra arcade with mobile graphics.

Pulled that one out of my behind of course, but with age and seeing stuff like this for the millionth time you cant help but getting cynical. :D Hope im wrong. Just a fun arcade with decent physics would be cool. Full blown sim even better but im pretty sure we can forget that, lel.

This will be an Arcade game. Really no point in thinking or wishing any different. Mass market appeal equals cash in the bank for the developers. However I like sim and arcade games, it does look good.

yea right.. they call it simulation only because they have working suspension? this will be arcade only for sure. Btw, they chosen a wrong year... Robby Gordon is not there with the Hummer. Who wants to drive those shitty diesel cars.

Yup while everyone here on RD is going gaga frenzy calling it a sim, I bet it wont be compatible with Steering wheels. this is going to be a sofa and game pad game not a sim you mark my words.

Yup while everyone here on RD is going gaga frenzy calling it a sim, I bet it wont be compatible with Steering wheels. this is going to be a sofa and game pad game not a sim you mark my words.
They said on Facebook comments that there will be support for steering wheels at least for the major brands.

I don't have high hopes for this one.
I would be only interested if it has VR support and simulation aspects (physics and FFB) on Dirt Rally / Forza 7 level. If it would have those, it would be bloody brilliant. I am a huge Rally fan, it's my favourite motorsport both in real life (WRC) and in a Sim (Dirt Rally, AC rally mods..). A Dakar sim(cade) would be absolutely fantastic, but i doubt very much that they will fullfil my wishes in that respect.

Absolutely off topic, but where do you guys watch the Dakar? Would love to follow it, re-live/on-demand at best..

On Facebook comments, the devs said:
- Release date: Summer 2018
- Each stage should take you roughly between 1-2 hours to complete. But of course, it'll depend on your navigation and driving skills. And that is considering you actually complete the stage

https://www.facebook.com/dakarthegame/videos/vb.1385869548163147/1565436016873165/?type=3&theater
The dev also skipped past the question about helmet and cockpit view, plus VR will not be in the 2018 version of the game, best update your game pad drivers for this game. :thumbsup:

I really don't understand why people are so hyped for something they haven't even seen save for a CGI teaser trailer and have generally very little substantial information about. Including the article itself, to be honest, with four exclamation marks in the title (a certain Terry Pratchett quote comes to mind, sorry ;)) and generally comes off more like a fanboys post somewhere on FB rather than a more serious news piece one comes to expect from RD.

People are hyped because the way the brain works. The anticipation of something gives more pleasure than the thing itself. (edit: generally)

Spectacular it does look. But, like always... all trailers do, don't they ? :rolleyes:
I'm pretty much sure game won't look exactly like this.
And yes, I've skip right to the video, thank you. :p

Yes baby I'm in. But only as long, as it is a Real grownup race game, with typical Dakar challenges, and of course Wheel support.

No more childish plastic fun race games that ruins the real fun of a real challenging Race mode.

Yes I do have my hopes up for this Title.

Been an avid follower of Dakar from the very beginning and have always hoped that one day some one would endeavour to develop a simulator. I really hope this hits the mark as a simulator and not just another arcade game. Really excited, one to watch!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.