The head movement (side to side, first vid) is definitely recorded from VR, just hope there's some Head Shaking settings to adjust or it's gonna be a pukefest after 2minutes!

Don't forget guys, this is a WIP so everything you see here is all very early footage. I say hold on for a bit before we jump to conclusions. Worry not, I'll be pestering for some early access for video previews when the time is right :)
I'm always asking myself why people thinks that anything major can be changed if release date is in summer. Ok, there gonna be for sure some tweaks and bug fixing but I'm highly doubt that something like DRally physics could appear.

But yeah I hope that they have new physics prepared to be implemented in a couple of weeks, but....

Endurance racing in a straight line seems pretty pointless to me. Very difficult to see how they will make this an absorbing experience no matter how good the graphics and physics.

Endurance racing in a straight line seems pretty pointless to me. Very difficult to see how they will make this an absorbing experience no matter how good the graphics and physics.

Well…have a look at the success of Euro/American Truck Simulator or Bus Simulator etc. They seem pretty pointless to me also: just driving the boring Autobahn/Highway from A to B? Might be boring for me, is fun for others. I can see why some people might enjoy driving through the desert in a straight line. If they get the physics right…why not? It already looks quite good imo.

Doesn't come with free, complimentary entire Dakar Lorry. "1/10 worst game of 2018" - IGN.com

But seriously. It's not that we can't have nice things because this looks like it has all the promise of being an actual nice thing. Evidently sim racers just don't want nice things because it's easier to moan about WIP projects than set up the steering wheel on the desk. Fair, it is an ass getting the clamp how I want it every day.

Doesn't come with free, complimentary entire Dakar Lorry. "1/10 worst game of 2018" - IGN.com

But seriously. It's not that we can't have nice things because this looks like it has all the promise of being an actual nice thing. Evidently sim racers just don't want nice things because it's easier to moan about WIP projects than set up the steering wheel on the desk. Fair, it is an ass getting the clamp how I want it every day.
You have a desk?
I'm not jealous in the least!

Back on topic... I reckon it needs some more optimisation and the texture still need work. But as a WIP, it looks great!
As for the physics? Well, until we get our hands on it, ain't nobody knowing what it'll be like.
Also, I like how you can get out of a vehicle. Does that mean "roadside" repairs are a thing in this game? Instead of 'Hit (Insert Button Here) To Repair Vehicle', having a screen fade and then magically the vehicle is mended.
Some actual "Nah fella, you gotta fix it your damn self" would be a nice change of pace.

Lastly... I'd want MEGA stages. Like, miles upon miles... then add more for good measure. Not short little stages that take no time at all to complete.
Or at least give us the option of having MEGA stages if we choose.

Still... the game looks good atm. Definitely on my radar.

Yeah, the steering wheel should move because of the uneven terrain. Even on track in real life the steering wheel moves a lot from the uneven tarmac. These cars should be shaking all over. Also the bike going over sand should wobble here and there. Its all too "clean" so far, but hopefully its just some WIP footage of what it looks like in motion before everything is "connected". If this is the final result however when it comes to how the vehicles behave then it will definitely be arcade. Very arcade.
I would think wheel movement and stuff like the bike moving around on the sand would be one of the last things to get right with the physics, the fact that there is no real turning or closeups of the suspension etc makes me think that suspension and sand physics are really WIP at the moment. These videos are more just to show off previews of the in-car cameras and the map systems on the bike I think, also just generic footage to show off graphics so far.

[QUOTE = "freytzouil, post: 2711044, member: 260544"] On dirait que ça va être compatible VR, non? [/ QUOTE]
VR ou TRACKIR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These videos are more just to show off previews of the in-car cameras and the map systems on the bike I think, also just generic footage to show off graphics so far.

Yes, to me they simply look like test footage. Maybe making sure the VR works or the details on the vehicle interior look right, etc. We also don't know when that video was made, it could have been six months ago when they were creating the 3d models and the development teams were testing them out.

Again like the TT title this is something different and it's nice to see that we are getting the chance to have a go at something else besides the usual F1 or GT type racing.

With regards to going in a "straight line" that's not entirely true. The terrain is so varied that you can't always go from A-B in a straight line. I remember watching the highlights one year and one competitor got off track and accidently found themselves at the edge of a cliff! So they had to go back on themselves and create another route. The sand dunes can get so high and soft you can't drive/ride over them and you need to go another way, etc. So if you have that sort of element as well as punctures and mechanical issues that could create extra challenges to the title. The only thing I don't want to see is the "being robbed at gunpoint" DLC option....(back to GTA again...:roflmao:)

Last edited:
Yes, to me they simply look like test footage. Maybe making sure the VR works or the details on the vehicle interior look right, etc. We also don't know when that video was made, it could have been six months ago when they were creating the 3d models and the development teams were testing them out.

Again like the TT title this is something different and it's nice to see that we are getting the chance to have a go at something else besides the usual F1 or GT type racing.

With regards to going in a "straight line" that's not entirely true. The terrain is so varied that you can't always go from A-B in a straight line. I remember watching the highlights one year and one competitor got off track and accidently found themselves at the edge of a cliff! So they had to go back on themselves and create another route. The sand dunes can get so high and soft you can't drive/ride over them and you need to go another way, etc. So if you have that sort of element as well as punctures and mechanical issues that could create extra challenges to the title. The only thing I don't want to see is the "being robbed at gunpoint" DLC option....(back to GTA again...:roflmao:)
PLUS We know that they have the rights to make a few years' Dakar games so I'm confident that even if this first one is a bit mediocre the series will mature into something really special!

even though I've known about Paris Dakar races for yonks I just read that it's now all in South America!! Definitely intrigued by this game and could generate a lot of interest in the sport, as Andrew Harper says above it's nice to have options different from F1 and GT racing!

Graphics looks very good, physics... not sure, but I guess pretty bad, well after all it is built on UE. Still I think it could be pretty interesting, but to make it interesting to drive through huge open maps from point to point, the physics should be good, so that you'd have to choose the path and read the terrain. I don't see how it would work with arcade physics where you basically could just drive straight all the time without consequences.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 50 68.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 16 21.9%