Where in the OP does it state these are in game screenshots? I thought we were looking at the vehicle classes?

In the previous hype thread,Sure its another thread but the setting for the renders is just the same.

I cant see that the game warrants any of the spin being applied.....

....Now if it were wreckfest I could understand it...

Last edited:
Where in the OP does it state these are in game screenshots? I thought we were looking at the vehicle classes?
I believe no one has said to you, personally, that these aren't real in-game shots but they referring to those "graphic looks phenomenal, wow" statements.
And, yes, they aren't. So, yes, graphic looks phenomenal ...on a paper.

Before anyone becomes too euphoric please look at this gameplay from the official 2018 Dakar mobile game. And of course - this is just a mobile game but games like Assoluto Racing or Real Racing 3 have shown that mobiles games at least do not have to look like crap.

Last edited:
28061392_1603269396423160_324285998500449453_o.jpg

DAKAR 18 in game screenshot.jpg

We've been waiting a while and now it's here, the very first in game screenshot from the upcoming DAKAR 18 game!

Taken during sunset conditions out on the stages between Pisco and Marcona in Peru, this first WIP screenshot of DAKAR 18 comes as something of a surprise considering the developers wished to hold back in game footage until at least March, and goes some way to assuring fans that it appears the new DAKAR Rally title will be nothing if not a looker when it releases later this year.

We at RaceDepartment are curious to see what new developers Blue Moon Studios have in store for DAKAR 18, and we think the best way to find out what the plans are is simple - ask! So with that in mind, over the next day or two I'll be in touch with the devs to pose a bunch of questions about the future for this title and development team. If you want us to ask anything on your behalf, be sure to leave your questions in the comments to this article, or in the comments HERE.

Be quick, I'll be talking to them very, very soon..!

DAKAR 18 is scheduled to release 2018 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

To keep in touch with all the latest news from this simulation, and to share the excitement with your fellow fans of the great event, be sure to check out the brand new Dakar 18 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.com!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to DAKAR 18? What do you think of the first in game shot? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
what's this supposed to mean?:unsure:
what it can show to us? that they are afraid of showing us some informative in-game screenshot so they decide to show us the most uninformative scene? ok, they are the devs and they like to keep their project secret to the release date,it's their right! but a sunset screenshot ! it could be nice if the game was a walking/sightseeing simulator :geek:
after reading the title i thought cool i'll see some in-game screenshots containing/showing cars [in action! not at something like a showroom] and roads's graphic quality...
not showing a sunset screenshot to us as a in-game screenshot of a "racing game" would be the best strategy ,it's like trolling, i was not optimistic about it , and now i have more doubts about its real quality:D

P.s i'm not so serious:p and i'll buy it anyway , i like to support every devs who make racing games or sims

Last edited:
Paul, I'd like to know if there will be a demo for us or at least for RD and others to give us some idea what the physics and graphics will be like?

Also are they developing this as a sim, an arcade or some of both?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back