DAKAR 18 Stage 12 - Fiambalá to San Juan Argentina.jpg

Want to see some of the terrain to be featured in the upcoming DAKAR 18 game.. well feast your eyes on these....

After a sluggish start with regards to release of actual in game images and footage, Bigmoon Studios have been taking to social media of late releasing a wave of in game WIP shots from the various stages that make up DAKAR 18, and thanks to both the power of the UE4 engine and what looks like a pleasing attention to detail, the results look rather spectacular...

DAKAR 18 Stage 9 - Tupiza Bolivia to Salta Argentina.jpg
DAKAR 18 Stage 14 - Córdoba Argentina.jpg

If you like these and are keen to hear more of this exciting up coming racing game, then fear not! We will be running our interview with the developers of DAKAR 18 very soon indeed...

DAKAR 18 is scheduled to release 2018 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

To keep in touch with all the latest news from this simulation, and to share the excitement with your fellow fans of the great event, be sure to check out the brand new Dakar 18 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.com!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to DAKAR 18? What do you think of the first in game shot? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Are really surprised the people about good graphics these days? ...i'm NOT

What could surprise me is if this GAME handle good physics & gameplay

The industry of the ''eye candy'' are well know guys, c'mon :whistling:

Are really surprised the people about good graphics these days? ...i'm NOT

What could surprise me is if this GAME handle good physics & gameplay

The industry of the ''eye candy'' are well know guys, c'mon :whistling:
I'm with you about the handle and gameplay but imagine a 2018 GAME with shitty graphics, everyone would complain and bitch about it, i personally play old sim's, so idk, but some people hate bad graphics.

I'm with you about the handle and gameplay but imagine a 2018 GAME with shitty graphics, everyone would complain and bitch about it, i personally play old sim's, so idk, but some people hate bad graphics.
graphics here seems ok-ish / acceptable (at least for me) but it's not a "wow" effect either.
So let's hope for them the gameplay is better than that !

It seems a lot blurrier than my preference, I like my graphics clean and sharp. If may be the way too many effects and post-process enabled. Only time will tell. Since ACC will be using UE4, I really hope UE4 will deliver in simracing. Thanks RD for the continuous updates :)

I don't get it at all, These screenshots are garbage. The earlier renders were clearly renders. None of it builds anticipation for the title.

Maybe they should have just kept to their policy of not releasing real footage.....

I am looking at these screenshots and imagining the first gameplay videos looking the same as the forza horizon, the crew or Gravel:]]

I really don't get how is this game will be developed. :unsure:
I mean... it's not like these are some ordinary Dirt rally/WRC series style stages.
How will they even remotely produce those looong Dakar stages for God's sake ?
Procedural terrain generating ?
Or we're about to see, more likely, over and over actually same stages in different variations and perhaps just a different surface.

I really don't get how is this game will be developed. :unsure:
I mean... it's not like these are some ordinary Dirt rally/WRC series style stages.
How will they even remotely produce those looong Dakar stages for God's sake ?
Procedural terrain generating ?
Or we're about to see, more likely, over and over actually same stages in different variations and perhaps just a different surface.
They said they will have the full length course, and that they will implement the navigation technique they use in real Life which they also said was one of the hardest things to learn. We will have to wait and see. It all sounds great, but... We have been disappointed Before, havent we. :D As Always: cautiously optimistic.

They said they will have the full length course, and that they will implement the navigation technique they use in real Life which they also said was one of the hardest things to learn. We will have to wait and see. It all sounds great, but... We have been disappointed Before, havent we. :D As Always: cautiously optimistic.
Ok, thanks for the info. They know how to talk, obviously.
And I agree with you but - can I be even more cautious than you ? :D

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.2%
  • Forum trophies