Resource icon

Cars Corvette C6 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
So brake fade isn't a thing even in stock cars? Well thne, if the car handles almost as it should IRL then i have no reason to see any update to the car to change it.
There's a handful of cars that have fade. That one Porsche SUV does, I think. I can't name a single one off the top of my head for sure, though. Years ago there was one patch where fade was in some cars, and they all kept flying off the road on lap 2.

EDIT: I'm not 100% sure if the most updated version is this one on RD, mind you. I remember there being a big, funny error in the physics that I pointed out and we fixed internally, but I can't remember if it was on this version yet. So if the car is way off currently, refer to ^.

Last edited:
There's a handful of cars that have fade. That one Porsche SUV does, I think. I can't name a single one off the top of my head for sure, though. Years ago there was one patch where fade was in some cars, and they all kept flying off the road on lap 2.

EDIT: I'm not 100% sure if the most updated version is this one on RD, mind you. I remember there being a big, funny error in the physics that I pointed out and we fixed internally, but I can't remember if it was on this version yet. So if the car is way off currently, refer to ^.
Makes sense. Im pretty sure the NFS car modpack has brake fade to some degree, as pushing the car in first gear while braking until the 4 discs reach 1000C makes braking much worse.

Makes sense. Im pretty sure the NFS car modpack has brake fade to some degree, as pushing the car in first gear while braking until the 4 discs reach 1000C makes braking much worse.
Yeah, 993 at least has it IIRC. The NSX which I worked on doesn't have it, because I don't really agree with it. Too finnicky and it throws balance off after a few laps IMO.

EDIT: Yeah, physics update isn't public yet. This RD version isn't as accurate in physics as it should be so don't judge it too harshly.

EDIT 2: Oh, it was David Dominquez who made the suspension, not aphidgod. Take back possibly anything I said in that regard, then.

Last edited:
Yeah, 993 at least has it IIRC. The NSX which I worked on doesn't have it, because I don't really agree with it. Too finnicky and it throws balance off after a few laps IMO.

EDIT: Yeah, physics update isn't public yet. This RD version isn't as accurate in physics as it should be so don't judge it too harshly.

EDIT 2: Oh, it was David Dominquez who made the suspension, not aphidgod. Take back possibly anything I said in that regard, then.
Oh if the physics aren't 100% accurate but still being worked on im perfectly content. As for the brake fade, i understand why it would be a controversial point in a racing sim that is all about making laps. Im amazed AC couldn't add some basic tuning features like custom brake pads and discs or using lighter bigger wheels on cars for more grip or something as little as using a stainlesssteel exhaust system for a bit more hp on all cars on all RPM. I guess i can only hope minor customization comes in AC2.

There are multiple aspects to this:
First, for vanilla AC, I think the car is pretty much good enough.

As for the Shades Patch, that's another story. The Shaders Patch adds a lot of features to AC, and not only graphical. Updating the car to the Shaders Patch standards requires full understanding of the features of the patch and quite a bit of work in many departments. Besides, seeing as the Shaders Patch is in very active development still, I fear that once I complete the updates, I need to start all over again, because so much has changed or will be changing. As I modder, I want a stable platform, I don't like to keep constantly updating my stuff because the platform changes often (and I don't want others updating my stuff either because I'm a grumpy old man, heheh).

Truth be told, I would rather just wait for AC2 and then maybe to a complete overhaul of the car for that... but maybe AC2 will never happen, or will not support modding...

There are multiple aspects to this:
First, for vanilla AC, I think the car is pretty much good enough.

As for the Shades Patch, that's another story. The Shaders Patch adds a lot of features to AC, and not only graphical. Updating the car to the Shaders Patch standards requires full understanding of the features of the patch and quite a bit of work in many departments. Besides, seeing as the Shaders Patch is in very active development still, I fear that once I complete the updates, I need to start all over again, because so much has changed or will be changing. As I modder, I want a stable platform, I don't like to keep constantly updating my stuff because the platform changes often (and I don't want others updating my stuff either because I'm a grumpy old man, heheh).

Truth be told, I would rather just wait for AC2 and then maybe to a complete overhaul of the car for that... but maybe AC2 will never happen, or will not support modding...
If it does happen i doubt it wouldn't support modding, considering AC on PC to AC on consoles have vastly different numbers. Still, thanks a lot for your amazing work.

By the way, i just noticed the Z06 seems to have an issue with the tires. They start at condition 0, the tire app shows them as somehow never wearing, sidekick tells me they have 0 life left and they slide a lot more than the other corvettes.

Nitpick post of the day (feel free to ignore :)) Would it be easy to make the inner part of the wheel that is in the shade not as shiny?

YMxADWi.jpg

LODB of the ZR-1 seems to have the desired effect, so would be cool if this could be the case on LODA and likewise on other models

Nitpick post of the day (feel free to ignore :)) Would it be easy to make the inner part of the wheel that is in the shade not as shiny?

YMxADWi.jpg

LODB of the ZR-1 seems to have the desired effect, so would be cool if this could be the case on LODA and likewise on other models
Thanks, there are a lot of things to be fixed and features to be added wrt the Shaders Patch. Some day, in the future... :)

I am still in love with that mod and I even managed to make the base C6 look more like my real car. There is a slight issue with the doors on all the C6 models. Their color and reflection doesn't match when viewed from certain angles. Is there any fix for this possible?
FB C6 real vs VR .jpg
Screenshot_corvette_c6_coupe_t78_hockenheimring_3-5-120-20-53-52.jpg

Hi,
Just to report a small issue with current auto-guessed brakes, if you're planning a future update:

The on/off mirror/position for light_brake_0 is being currently averaged between the position of rear lights and mid third brake, so lights cast/on ground come from the wrong place, and when one brakes, they'll disappear and come from the middle as mirroring will be untoggled. Example:
rear1.jpgrear_brake.jpg

I don't know the proper workaround for this auto-guessing issue model or data-wise, but by adding to current [LIGHT_BRAKES] on the config a fixed on/off position and mirroring, it should work closer to your c4 ZR1, with cast light on ground coming from mid light pairs on each side, and going a bit stronger while on brakes. Example for:
Code:
[LIGHT_BRAKES]
COLOR=1,0,0,3
POSITION=0, 0.84, -2.16
OFF_POSITION=0, 0.84, -2.16
MIRROR=0.55
OFF_MIRROR=0.55
(coords were just eyeballed over auto-guessing to go to in between lights on each side)
alt_rear1.jpgalt_rear_brake.jpg

Given that it's a small mid brake, I didn't find a need to set mirror a bit to the middle (or pos. upwards) while on brakes, or to add another cast brake light. But of course, that's up to the creator to decide/further adjust.

Also for brakes, as posted a bit above, only the C6 Coupé is missing visible rear lights/brakes for the last lod. They are "working", but c6-tlights0-c_SUB1 is missing the is_transparent flag for them to show through.

One small detail that could improve the model, even if no significant changes are planed, would be to add AO on the rims diffuse, specially for the 3 non-chrome variants. Not so important, the hud projections are clipping outside the windscreen, so they can be seen outside the car under some angles on exterior view.

PS: On csp-related posts like these, other than main bug reporting, if your prefer that I don't leave a workaround suggestion (or only do it in pm) please let me know.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi,
Just to report a small issue with current auto-guessed brakes, if you're planning a future update:

The on/off mirror/position for light_brake_0 is being currently averaged between the position of rear lights and mid third brake, so lights cast/on ground come from the wrong place, and when one brakes, they'll disappear and come from the middle as mirroring will be untoggled. Example:
View attachment 385139View attachment 385140

I don't know the proper workaround for this auto-guessing issue model or data-wise, but by adding to current [LIGHT_BRAKES] on the config a fixed on/off position and mirroring, it should work closer to your c4 ZR1, with cast light on ground coming from mid light pairs on each side, and going a bit stronger while on brakes. Example for:
Code:
[LIGHT_BRAKES]
COLOR=1,0,0,3
POSITION=0, 0.84, -2.16
OFF_POSITION=0, 0.84, -2.16
MIRROR=0.55
OFF_MIRROR=0.55
(coords were just eyeballed over auto-guessing to go to in between lights on each side)
View attachment 385142View attachment 385141

Given that it's a small mid brake, I didn't find a need to set mirror a bit to the middle (or pos. upwards) while on brakes, or to add another cast brake light. But of course, that's up to the creator to decide/further adjust.

Also for brakes, as posted a bit above, only the C6 Coupé is missing visible rear lights/brakes for the last lod. They are "working", but c6-tlights0-c_SUB1 is missing the is_transparent flag for them to show through.

One small detail that could improve the model, even if no significant changes are planed, would be to add AO on the rims diffuse, specially for the 3 non-chrome variants. Not so important, the hud projections are clipping outside the windscreen, so they can be seen outside the car under some angles on exterior view.

PS: On csp-related posts like these, other than main bug reporting, if your prefer that I don't leave a workaround suggestion (or only do it in pm) please let me know.

Cheers
Thanks for your observations. Currently, I'm not working on it, as the NSX is top priority.
Also, for some reason, I have lost the AC source files (textures, FBXs) of the Coupe version, so its kinda going back to square one with this. I'm not a fan of the base version myself, anyway...

I love these cars, thank you so much for making them!

Is it possible to slap those ZR1 wheels on Z06? I feel like LS7 is a tad too much for those Eagles and Corvette Forum guys say they will actually fit. Can it be done in AC without modifying the files and in an easy way, because I'm no modder, so I can't do anything complicated. Or maybe it would be possible to add a grippier Michelin tire to the model with original dimension wheels?

The cars need some updating in general anyway. Nobody is just up to it right now. I was supposed to touch the physics earlier in the year but I also got busy with the NSX. Maybe next year.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back