Resource icon

Cars Corvette C6 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks!
From an old post on GTP - as a VR user who likes to use a gated shifter it's often the first thing I tweak with new car mods:

In driver3d.ini

[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=140 - Time it takes the driver's hand to reach from the wheel towards the shifter.
POSITIVE_TIME=400 - Time it takes to grab the shifter and change into gear
STATIC_TIME=120 - How long the driver keeps their hand on the shifter
NEGATIVE_TIME=400 - Time it takes the driver's hand to let go of the shifter and start heading back towards the wheel
PRELOAD_RPM=7400 - The driver will reach for the shifter after the engine has exceeded this specified engine RPM, or take their hand off the shifter if you fall below this specified RPM.

Tweaking these parameters can really help with the realistic look of manual shifts.
How can I remove the shifting animation?

I am still in love with that mod and I even managed to make the base C6 look more like my real car. There is a slight issue with the doors on all the C6 models. Their color and reflection doesn't match when viewed from certain angles. Is there any fix for this possible?View attachment 369186View attachment 369187
@Some1
Hi, first of all I wish you a happy new year!
I just downloaded the newest update of your fantastic NSX. I just remembered a little request concerning the C6 mod that I posted quite a while ago. Do you maybe have a solution yet? Would be very much appreciated.

@Some1
Hi, first of all I wish you a happy new year!
I just downloaded the newest update of your fantastic NSX. I just remembered a little request concerning the C6 mod that I posted quite a while ago. Do you maybe have a solution yet? Would be very much appreciated.
It'd be wise to post what you want again so we don't have to look for it.

I thought it would be enough to quote my original post as I did. Well the original post was #111.
Oh, I must have just been scrolled down enough or something not to see it, sorry.

I think it's a bit unlikely Siim will come back to rework the mesh any time soon, if AC is even capable of a 1:1 reproduction of the paint/reflections etc. to begin with.

Oh, I must have just been scrolled down enough or something not to see it, sorry.

I think it's a bit unlikely Siim will come back to rework the mesh any time soon, if AC is even capable of a 1:1 reproduction of the paint/reflections etc. to begin with.
I don't know if it's an easy fix or not. He only announced it would be fixed in the next update. That was back in May 2020. So I just stumbled up on it again because he released an update for the NSX today.

I don't know if it's an easy fix or not. He only announced it would be fixed in the next update. That was back in May 2020. So I just stumbled up on it again because he released an update for the NSX today.
It was all physics and misc. stuff, so technically I released the update. ;)

Maybe later some day the C6 can be revisited. I'd wanted to polish up the physics a bit and convert it to Cphys for some time now but I could never find the time myself, and Siim is busy lately.

It was all physics and misc. stuff, so technically I released the update. ;)

Maybe later some day the C6 can be revisited. I'd wanted to polish up the physics a bit and convert it to Cphys for some time now but I could never find the time myself, and Siim is busy lately.
There wasn't any update after V1.0. Or did I miss something? Back then Some1 was so kind to add the base C6 as I asked him for it. I am still thankful for that move. :thumbsup: It helps me through the hibernation of my real car...;)

There wasn't any update after V1.0. Or did I miss something? Back then Some1 was so kind to add the base C6 as I asked him for it. I am still thankful for that move. :thumbsup: It helps me through the hibernation of my real car...;)
1641063637050.png

Last update ie: 1.0 is from early 2019.

I was talking about the NSX update. If there comes any updates to this car they'll likely be physics-only updates as well because I think to really improve on the visuals would require a lot of remodeling and new textures entirely.

Unfortunately everyone is busy/burned out/both so even though we talk about it, nobody has touched the C6 in years.

Hi I would like to ask, is the C6's door supposed to be this matt looking or maybe this is a problem from my end? I have seen other people drive it and I don't see any paint problem on the door's except for mine. From what I have observed it seems the sun makes the door paint too metallic and so it becomes pitch black due too being too reflective or something?
Anyways sorry for the disturbance. Have a good day!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-03_230824.png
    Screenshot_2023-07-03_230824.png
    212.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I drive both ZR1 1.0 and 1.1.

The tyres dont gain heat in 1.1, the FFB feels different, balance more understeer and the car floor touchs the ground, but the time I did in Nordschleife is almost the same.

But the Coupe which is a slower car gain heat in tyres and have similar behaviour of the NSXs mods. Seems easier to drive, but suddenly lost grip.

Well, it is good to see the tyre model in another cars because we now can see the tyre model itself, not only the balance of Type S or anything like that.

I wondered here for a while how this tyre model would behave on a Ferrari F40 or an RUF CTR.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back