Resource icon

Cars Corvette C6 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'll have a look at the tires as soon as I get back to the States. Bear with me until the 13th - I'm in Italy right now and can't do much about it from here.

At worst it's something like a "move" instead of a "copy" when I was syncing files between the Z06 and GS.

I'll have a look at the tires as soon as I get back to the States. Bear with me until the 13th - I'm in Italy right now and can't do much about it from here.

At worst it's something like a "move" instead of a "copy" when I was syncing files between the Z06 and GS.
Benvenuto :D

Well, back now and I think my guess was probably correct - files missing from the C6 entirely. Probably dragged them to the GS and was in move mode rather than copy. Easy fix. I'll fire a new update off to @Some1 tonight.

On to the NSXs!

Thanks!
From an old post on GTP - as a VR user who likes to use a gated shifter it's often the first thing I tweak with new car mods:

In driver3d.ini

[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=140 - Time it takes the driver's hand to reach from the wheel towards the shifter.
POSITIVE_TIME=400 - Time it takes to grab the shifter and change into gear
STATIC_TIME=120 - How long the driver keeps their hand on the shifter
NEGATIVE_TIME=400 - Time it takes the driver's hand to let go of the shifter and start heading back towards the wheel
PRELOAD_RPM=7400 - The driver will reach for the shifter after the engine has exceeded this specified engine RPM, or take their hand off the shifter if you fall below this specified RPM.

Tweaking these parameters can really help with the realistic look of manual shifts.

Hi everyone,

Having recently switched to VR I am now trying to adjust the timing when the driver reaches for the stick for a gear change. I understand that mod is done by changing the preload number in a file called 'driver3d.ini'. That file supposed to be in every specific car folder I guess (Steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/content/cars/...)? Unfortunately I can find it in those folders.

I am only able to find two 'driver3d' files, both located under Steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/content/driver/Drivers_Oculus.
One is called 'driver3D(ferrari458GT2)' and the other 'driver3D(lotus49)'.
When I create a new file for a specific car and place it to in that location it does not have any impact. Also placing the created file into the root folder of a specific car does not have an impact. I am using Content Manager btw.
What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Cheers,
Luc

Hi everyone,

Having recently switched to VR I am now trying to adjust the timing when the driver reaches for the stick for a gear change. I understand that mod is done by changing the preload number in a file called 'driver3d.ini'. That file supposed to be in every specific car folder I guess (Steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/content/cars/...)? Unfortunately I can find it in those folders.

I am only able to find two 'driver3d' files, both located under Steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/content/driver/Drivers_Oculus.
One is called 'driver3D(ferrari458GT2)' and the other 'driver3D(lotus49)'.
When I create a new file for a specific car and place it to in that location it does not have any impact. Also placing the created file into the root folder of a specific car does not have an impact. I am using Content Manager btw.
What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Cheers,
Luc
I believe that file is packed in the cars data.acd file.
You would have to unpack that first.
Keep in mind altering that file will make the car incompatible for online play.

I believe that file is packed in the cars data.acd file.
You would have to unpack that first.
Keep in mind altering that file will make the car incompatible for online play.

When I open the .acd file I only get to see indecipherable symbols.
Any advice on what app to use or how to unpack that file properly ? Thanks !

Last edited:
When I open the .acd file I only get to see indecipherable symbols.
Any advice on what app to use or how to unpack that file properly ? Thanks !
Give Car Tuner a try.
When creating a new tune it unpacks the data.acd into it's individual files in a new folder.
That way you can keep the original car intact for online play and mod the tuned version to your hearts content.
It doesn't always work, but more often than not it does.
There are other ways to unpack the file but this is probably the best bet.

The only problem I have is the AO map, it has some overlapping and possible distortion of the car when I render it in CM, is there any way it can be fixed so I and other people have an easier way to make skins?

The only problem I have is the AO map, it has some overlapping and possible distortion of the car when I render it in CM, is there any way it can be fixed so I and other people have an easier way to make skins?
Can you please post a screenshot indicating the problematic areas?

That would entail as redoing everything completely from the ground up, so maybe if you pay him a few thousand USD...
I dont mean redoing it, i mean, what is it that separates it from an "AC QUALITY" thing? The models? The textures? The shaders? The sounds? The physics? What would need an upgrade?

I dont mean redoing it, i mean, what is it that separates it from an "AC QUALITY" thing? The models? The textures? The shaders? The sounds? The physics? What would need an upgrade?
Physics are top-notch best you can get in any sim, sounds are AC native from KS. Siim also makes arguably the best textures in AC. Mesh itself is quite great too.

I've just been led to believe it'd entail mapping everything again and so on at the very least to get proper AO and mats for everything. I suppose maybe the mesh could be salvaged but I don't fully understand what Siim told me about it.

Physics are top-notch best you can get in any sim, sounds are AC native from KS. Siim also makes arguably the best textures in AC. Mesh itself is quite great too.

I've just been led to believe it'd entail mapping everything again and so on at the very least to get proper AO and mats for everything. I suppose maybe the mesh could be salvaged but I don't fully understand what Siim told me about it.
Well, if the ONLY part that hasn't been touched since its rfactor making and the only "outdated" one is the mesh and model i couldn't really care less about being a port. I just thought it did things like not having proper AC tire physics and wear, brake heat simulation, tuning the car, lights, etc.

Well, if the ONLY part that hasn't been touched since its rfactor making and the only "outdated" one is the mesh and model i couldn't really care less about being a port. I just thought it did things like not having proper AC tire physics and wear, brake heat simulation, tuning the car, lights, etc.
rFactor runs on a simplified pacejka tire model and completely different suspension and aero calculations; it's basically not possible to "not" have AC physics. I'm not sure you'll find a better C6 physics anywhere on the commercial market though. I haven't verified it myself, but aphidgod knows what he's doing and the source material was pretty extensive. Papa helped on the tires too.

Although brake heat in vanilla AC is a joke and doesn't work at all how it should, so no-one uses it; so no, no brake heat. Most AC cars including official ones don't have brake heat.

rFactor runs on a simplified pacejka tire model and completely different suspension and aero calculations; it's basically not possible to "not" have AC physics. I'm not sure you'll find a better C6 physics anywhere on the commercial market though. I haven't verified it myself, but aphidgod knows what he's doing and the source material was pretty extensive. Papa helped on the tires too.

Although brake heat in vanilla AC is a joke and doesn't work at all how it should, so no-one uses it; so no, no brake heat. Most AC cars including official ones don't have brake heat.
So brake fade isn't a thing even in stock cars? Well thne, if the car handles almost as it should IRL then i have no reason to see any update to the car to change it.

Yeah, nothing that comes with AC has brake fade. It's not really compatible as a concept with simracing pedals anyway as most people set them up for full travel = full braking. Whereas on actual cars you go from 20% travel = full braking to pedal to the floor full braking as they heat up.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%