Resource icon

Cars Corvette C6 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Some1 submitted a new resource:

Corvette C6 - Corvette C6

Announcing the Corvette C6 mod for Assetto Corsa!

I originally modeled the Corvette C6 for rFactor back in 2012. The rFactor mod contained the regular Coupe, Z06, Grand Sport, and the ZR-1.

I have finally found time to port the mod over to AC along with some improvements and fixes, altough it might not be up to the current AC standards at some places, since the requirements for rFactor were a little different.

This time, I will ditch the regular Coupe and only bring you the Z06 first,...

Read more about this resource...

Looks like you left the cockpit_lr model instead of the high res one... at least judging by the screenshots it looks like the high res model is more detailed than this:

__custom_showroom_1543351421.jpg

Your screen:

b-jpg.279675

Looks like you left the cockpit_lr model instead of the high res one... at least judging by the screenshots it looks like the high res model is more detailed than this:

View attachment 279684

Your screen:

b-jpg.279675
In the AC showroom? Since ContentManager, I don't even use that anymore, hehe. Perhaps the high quality cockpit is switched out too soon? If you go closer, does it switch to?

Yeah forgot to mention it only looks like that in the showroom, weird! while playing it shows the HR version, though the switching distance is a bit too close, yeah.

MY goodness it was you under that C6 mod! I spent a lot of time on it back on rfactor!! I always found something special about this mod, really superb looking and nice driving
Thanks so much for this :)

The C6 Z06 appears to be using Tyre Model 3, is that correct ?

The specs for the car, unless I'm mistaken appears to be incorrect.

In game it displays 270hp and 285nm (210 ft/lbs) torque, although online the car is showing 505hp and 470 ft/lbs torque. It certainly drives like it has the latter.

Last edited:
The C6 Z06 appears to be using Tyre Model 3, is that correct ?

The specs for the car, unless I'm mistaken appears to be incorrect.

In game it displays 270hp and 285nm (210 ft/lbs) torque, although online the car is showing 505hp and 470 ft/lbs torque. It certainly drives like it has the latter.
I'm not much of a physics guy, but perhaps the UI json is just wrong, I have to investigate.

Really nice car - thanks!
I don't think I've ever seen an Assetto driver shift so close to his body though, his hand is nowhere near the gear stick. Is there not a more appropriate driver model or shifting animation to use? The gear stick looks like it's in a pretty 'normal' position so surely there's a better match? Maybe I'm over-simplifying things but it's currently a pretty big immersion breaker in VR, which is a shame. Is this something that could be looked at please for the next release?

Really nice car - thanks!
I don't think I've ever seen an Assetto driver shift so close to his body though, his hand is nowhere near the gear stick. Is there not a more appropriate driver model or shifting animation to use? The gear stick looks like it's in a pretty 'normal' position so surely there's a better match? Maybe I'm over-simplifying things but it's currently a pretty big immersion breaker in VR, which is a shame. Is this something that could be looked at please for the next release?
I think I just need to adjust the shift animation.

Great - thanks. I wasn't even aware that was possible. So many mods have drivers grasping at thin air I just assumed it was a case of finding the 'best fit'.
It is absolutely possible, but requires you to modify one of the available driver rigs. You can specify them just like the steering animation.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%