Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

With Oculus Rift S I use the integrated desktop utility, which works well, but a Content Manager with full VR support would be more inmersive. Also, what is really annoying is that before I sit in my cockpit, I have to put my headset on, take one of my controllers and use it to launch the virtual desktop. There's no way to run that desktop app at the Oculus' startup and, to put things worse, you cannot use your mouse to control the Oculus dash and there are not hotkeys no any way to program a hotkey to run it from a keyboard or a button box.

this happened when i start to click
error text.png
"drive" and then this message appear and the content manager is stop working, but the game is working normally,only content manager is crashing, i just hate to re-open again and again after finishing the race
(note) i already reinstall cm still happen again

error text.png

Hey again...

i had some issues with Skate xl recently and the suggestion there ( Controller not working :: Skater XL General Discussions (steamcommunity.com) was - go to settings and enable generic gamepad!

so i just wasted another morning trying to figure out what i had done the previous time i had this issue and found me from the past answering to me from now... i am now wondering if me from the future will get back to this thread without wasting so much time... :(:sick:

anyway this time instead of disabling the generic gamepad support in steam general settings i just forced disabling it for assetto corsa and that did the trick...

i hope i broke this loop cycle of frustration and hope this helps someone else also

Amigos,

Tenho um problema ao inicializar o gerenciador de conteúdo.

Clico no ícone, ele abre na barra de tarefas e desaparece. Simplesmente não abre.

Parece que tenta iniciar e fechar. O que eu posso fazer?

============================================

Friends,

I have a problem initializing the content manger.

I click on the icon, it opens in the taskbar and disappears. It just doesn't open.

It looks like it tries to start and closes. What can I do?

Last edited:
Thanks Peter - I just tried that. I enabled Fuel Usage and Deselected 'custom error handling for python apps' and got a 'Unexpected Error' Dialog which needed Alt+F4 to remove - then Game Crashed dialog with the following..

"Error might have something to do with:
AC\pythoninterface.cpp (340): PythonInterface::printErr
AC\pyplugin.cpp (44): PyPlugin::pyPlugin
AC\pythoninterface.cpp (251): PythonInterface::pythonInterface
AC\sim.cpp (547): Sim::Sim
AC\splashscreen.cpp (319): SplashScreen::postRender
AC\game.cpp (181): Game::onIdle
AC\game.cpp (210): Game::run
AC\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup

So definitely a python related issue
I re-enabled 'custom error handling for python apps' and deselected Fuel Usage - and all is well again apart from Fuel Usage of course.

(I see that the editor has added smiley faces in place of colon P ( : p )

Last edited:
when i'm waiting for the mod to be done in content manager it says the read operation failed see inner exception do you guys have any ideas how do i fix that stupid problem
1619092870885.png

Hi!

I was wondering where is the lap time database located and if there's a way to open it using a database reader like DBrowser for SQLite?

Thanks everyone!

So for the last few days I've been having issues with my game, and my pc in general. I updated windows the other night and the next morning my gpu refused to put out video. I left it on for 20 minutes, came back and it finally started working. updated graphics drivers, fixed the problem. however, now AC will no longer run at a stable 60fps. I checked settings, and discovered the rendering mode switched to oculus rift, and the resolution set itself to 4k instead of 2560x1440, my usual setting. I'm not sure how it changed on its own, but I changed it back, and now when I run the game through CM, I can't get a stable 60. When I run the game through AC launcher in the exact same car, track, scenario, weather etc. I get a solid 60 fps. Can someone please help me fix this problem? I would rather not reinstall the whole game and all my mods, as I have a lot.
I'm running CSP 0.1.73, and Sol 2.02.

I made the mistake of installing ReShade on AC and now I have an error on the Controls and Chase Camera menus on CM. The error is related to a inaccessible slimdx assembly, does any one has any idea how to fix it? The only thing I haven't done yet is trying to reinstall Windows.

Attachments

• Error chase camera tab.PNG
    Error chase camera tab.PNG
    525.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Error controls tab.PNG
    Error controls tab.PNG
    390.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Error showup.PNG
    Error showup.PNG
    11.8 KB · Views: 60

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Thursday

Votes: 18 12.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 54 36.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 87 58.0%