Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

It would be nice, I could see myself using it in certain situations like testing changes and making small settings changes like ai strength etc. Sometimes it is nice to remove the headset though but I would definitely be keen to see it as an option.

Help me understand. I'm a VR only user and I use CM. I just bring up the desktop anytime when I'm in the headset and use CM that way. Not like I can make any changes w/o exiting AC so what am I missing? Why would I want/need/care about CM being a VR app.
Genuinely curious.

• Deleted member 197115

As CM is also another app that needs to run, the performance impact will probably be the same as from VD as you'll be launching one VR app from another.

Maybe you don't care/need/want. But there will be many VR users who would. I can use Virtual Desktop but it's just another app to reduce headroom in AC.
I wasn't trying to downplay your need. Sorry if it came off that way. As I said, I'm genuinely curious about the use case.
Can't you just hit the Win key and have a desktop show up? That's all I do and my desktop shows up with CM there. What advantage would be to having the actual CM app running in VR?

I wasn't trying to downplay your need. Sorry if it came off that way. As I said, I'm genuinely curious about the use case.
Can't you just hit the Win key and have a desktop show up? That's all I do and my desktop shows up with CM there. What advantage would be to having the actual CM app running in VR?

Are you using WMR? With my HMD the Windows key doesn't have any effect.

It's not a need, to be honest I don't really care. The only times I've thought it would be handy is when I'm doing a few quick changes in settings and I put my headset on and off a half dozen times in a few minutes. Otherwise I welcome the break after 20-40mins of use ha.

Recently I've been experiencing some strange glitches with content manager. Sometimes it doesn't load a screen properly and text is only revealed after mouse has moved over it. Game launches fine, its just the user interface that bugs out sometimes. All my drivers are up to date. Can't figure out why. Anybody else experiencing this type of thing?

I have been starting to play AC and also installed some mods, nothing too fancy, though.
CM, Sol with the rain version, sidekick, FFb clip, Crew Chief and some tracks and cars. It all ran very well, until CM startet to just shut down after I would exit the game. It was not really a crash, it would just shut close on its own if I clicked "exit" in the game. My race stats would be saved, however. I tried to uninstall/reinstall all of the mods I had, with no improvement. It even got worse, so that CM sometimes would shut down immediately after I had opened it.

I then completely uninstalled everything from Assetto Corsa manually, including the steam folder, the folder in "documents" and the CM folder in "AppData". I than reinstalled Assetto Corsa via steam and CM (payed version) and no other mods, but still the problem persists. I honestly don't know what to do anymore, does anybody have a solution? Is there any setting in CM that could help?

I recorded my screen, so that you know what I am talking about:

Any suggestion is appreciated.

It seems I have figured it out myself.

For anyone in the future searching for this:

The reason for the crashes was MSI Afterburner/Rivatuner.

What I did do solve this was to create for both assettocorsa.exe and Content Mangager.exe a custom profile in Rivatuner and turn "OnScreen Display support" to "OFF" in both profiles. After I had done that, I did not have any problems and the crashes returned when I enable it again.

I hope this might be helpful for someone.

Considering the number of simraces who use VR headsets, it would be really nice to have the CM gui as a VR app, not just in a desktop window. Is it so hard to make? Any reasons to forget this idea?
Well it's not really that needed. If you are using VR only, you just turn on the desktop in VR when you have finished an AC session - with the Valve Index it takes literally just a few seconds when doing from SteamVR - just click the button on Valve Index and then point the "show desktop"button and click the same button on Valve Index again and voila - you're in CM and once you launch AC from CM it switches automatically. With WMR admittedly I found this much more annoying, but it is possible, still.

You can also use Virtual Desktop as an app, but in my opinion it takes a bit long to launch so I don't like it, but indeed, might be worth considering with WMR.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.