Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Assetto has a folder in the main documents folder (not in steam apps) which deals with settings and stuff also.

If you uninstalled assetto fully in common steamapps, and also got rid of content manager folder in the local apps data folder - then that alone should've got rid of it tbh. However, I would have also deleted the assetto document folder and also after uninstalling assetto fully, would have gone to steam apps common to check if there is still an assetto folder left (remaining remnants) and if there was would've then deleted that folder.

Then reinstall Assetto fresh.

Hope you figure it out

Edit: I also do what mtean does sometimes when figuring anything assetto out. If you need help on this ask

Edit 2: Im on csp 1.46 and wont go any higher, don't use Sol, and dont need wet weather, use a good PP filter and assetto looks great have high fps, and i never have any probs tbh.

I76700k, rtx 2070 super, 16gb ram, steam on 2nd mechanical drive

Last edited:
Assetto has a folder in the main documents folder (not in steam apps) which deals with settings and stuff also.

If you uninstalled assetto fully in common steamapps, and also got rid of content manager folder in the local apps data folder - then that alone should've got rid of it tbh. However, I would have also deleted the assetto document folder and also after uninstalling assetto fully, would have gone to steam apps common to check if there is still an assetto folder left (remaining remnants) and if there was would've then deleted that folder.

Then reinstall Assetto fresh.

Hope you figure it out

Edit: I also do what mtean does sometimes when figuring anything assetto out. If you need help on this ask

Edit 2: Im on csp 1.46 and wont go any higher, don't use Sol, and dont need wet weather, use a good PP filter and assetto looks great have high fps, and i never have any probs tbh.

I76700k, rtx 2070 super, 16gb ram, steam on 2nd mechanical drive
I appreciate it. its just annoying because I had this all working great 2 weeks ago then windows updated and Content Manager and CSP had updates and in all of that. something broke. Content Manager sometimes opens a race in different resolutions without me telling it to even though I don't have dynamic resolution turned on. the fact the game runs better in open VR rather than single monitor 1080p is weird

"Different resolutions" that is weird. Do you save all your settings as profiles within content manager? If you dont you could experiment with different profile settings and compare them in action to one another. Probs nothing to do with it but eometimes nvidia drivers can be funny - recently i upgraded to nvidia 466.00 something and it it gave me stutters in assetto so i had to go back to my old driver from 12mths ago.

Edit: Have you tried to start Assetto directly without going through content manager i.e the original before content manager way - maybe doing this will help you to narrow down stuff.

Last edited:
"Different resolutions" that is weird. Do you save all your settings as profiles within content manager? If you dont you could experiment with different profile settings and compare them in action to one another. Probs nothing to do with it but eometimes nvidia drivers can be funny - recently i upgraded to nvidia 466.00 something and it it gave me stutters in assetto so i had to go back to my old driver from 12mths ago.

Edit: Have you tried to start Assetto directly without going through content manager i.e the original before content manager way - maybe doing this will help you to narrow down stuff.
yea I've tried that. same result. it's definitely something either either the way the game is doing AA or something because when I turn that all off. it runs better. but it's frustrating because it worked fine 2 weeks ago. I guess I'll try and old nvida driver and see what happens

I bet the CSP update activated some things that are now tanking the performance.
The issue is that if you delete CSP completely, you also lose the optimizations.

So while the parts that eat your fps become disabled, the parts that gain you fps are disabled too.

My guess is that the issue is a change of CSP settings. Sadly you probably didn't save a preset before updating?
I would really recommend this once you've found good settings again.

The gain when going into VR mode can have different reasons. what comes to my mind:
- different HUD apps
- some parts of CSP not being active in VR

Hi Guys!
I'm new in this thread, so if it's a frequent question sorry, but I hope You can help me.
So I'm using CM for AC for a few days and I have a problem. I'm using a T300 rs and everything works perfectly fine until I made some controller change in CM for the AC. If I made any change about the wheel, like the button assignment, the game lose the wheel, I mean if I start any race of practice the game doesn't respont. The only way I can fix this, launch the game from steam and recalibrate all.
Is it any suggestion to fix this issue?
Thanks guys.

I bet the CSP update activated some things that are now tanking the performance.
The issue is that if you delete CSP completely, you also lose the optimizations.

So while the parts that eat your fps become disabled, the parts that gain you fps are disabled too.

My guess is that the issue is a change of CSP settings. Sadly you probably didn't save a preset before updating?
I would really recommend this once you've found good settings again.

The gain when going into VR mode can have different reasons. what comes to my mind:
- different HUD apps
- some parts of CSP not being active in VR
yea. I went back to the previous CSP version I had and it didn't change. so idk if the new Content Manager is causing issues or something broke on my new PC lol.

Hi Guys
Im brand new to PC Sim Racing and im having a problem when i go to load Shutoko Revival it saying tag "Circuit" is missing does anyone have any solutions to this?
Please and Thank You

Can you help me?

Whenever i try to start content manager it pops up an error that says "msvcp.dll and msvcr.dll" is missing or not found. But if i press OK on them content manager starts but when i then try to launch the game from CM. It suddenly cancels out and say "Unexpected Error" or the launcher freezes. When i close the launcher and i come back to CM then it says "Game crashed. Missing AC_REVERB_0" something like that.
I've tried unistalling Assetto and CM then reinstall but non of it works i've tried searching for download files for "msvcp/r.dll" but non of them work. So i would really appreaciate if someone could help!

You must delete this folder after removing Content Manager -
C:\Users\i5700\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager.
You must substitute your computer name for my i5700 in the above folder or do a search for AcTools Content Manager.
Then reinstall Content Manager and it will automatically "fix" your CM files.
Hope this works for you!

Hi Guys!
I'm new in this thread, so if it's a frequent question sorry, but I hope You can help me.
So I'm using CM for AC for a few days and I have a problem. I'm using a T300 rs and everything works perfectly fine until I made some controller change in CM for the AC. If I made any change about the wheel, like the button assignment, the game lose the wheel, I mean if I start any race of practice the game doesn't respont. The only way I can fix this, launch the game from steam and recalibrate all.
Is it any suggestion to fix this issue?
Thanks guys.
I am going to hijack your problem and add my own issue. I used CM for the first time, adjusted, tested, driving was cool! Then i changed some quickrace settings and clicked on "share link" (bottom right, when you are in practice or race etc.) and that made my wheel go all kinds of weird. ffb was borked and the wheel uncentered itself. reinstalled ac (all folders cleaned up) did a logihub reinstall (got a g920) and tried again. same issues. also: reproduced exactly the uncentered wheel in project cars 2. my question: does anyone know where and how CM hooks into your wheel settings like that? can it wreck e.g. firmware? or drivers? I am clueless as to how that is even possible :D Grateful for any help!

I already have Sol 1.2 but i tried switching the shader packs and with the newer shader packs i canjoin a game with the z4 GT3 BUT all cars (AMGs, Ferrari all cars on the game) are completely silver/shiny

Update: Reinstalled the shader pack and now it seems fine.
So try to install a newer shader pack
this worked for me

In Content Manager, I have bindings set for both a wheel with paddles and an additional shifter. Content Manager shows that they are working.

However in Assetto, the wheel does not work whenever a shifter is plugged in to a separate USB port. Any ideas?

Disregard. I'm not sure how, but something fixed it.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea