Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

A “ virgin “ AC can easily be downloaded from Steam, thats not the point for wasting precious space on your SSD. Recently, I did do this integrity check on AC and its just my experience, despite I was sure what file are effected, I did miss a couple, that I did change for a reason in a time span of 4 years.
But we can do a whole discussion here, I think it’s always wise to make screenshots and backups, before doing, just in case.

A “ virgin “ AC can easily be downloaded from Steam, thats not the point for wasting precious space on your SSD. Recently, I did do this integrity check on AC and its just my experience, despite I was sure what file are effected, I did miss a couple, that I did change for a reason in a time span of 4 years.
But we can do a whole discussion here, I think it’s always wise to make screenshots and backups, before doing, just in case.
Because if you let steam check if your files are right or wrong it will delete things you dont want deleted because it will restore the game to vanilla state. Aka the same state as you would download ac for the first time.. i dont allways want steam to restore it.. i rather would restore ac or any other game my self so it dont need every thing to be deleted. i have more then 10 tb in my pc so for me its not a wast of space...

Last edited:
I had a strange problem with Content Manager with Windows 11. All quick races and hotlaps crashed to the desktop when quitting and the best lap times didn't register. All seemed to work fine and the cars/track/SOL were loaded and it played fine... but the game never came back to CM after the race but always went straight to the desktop.

For some strange reason all my Assetto Corsa \Documents folder files were set to "read only". If you have that issue make sure W11 doesn't change them to read only... or that when you copy new downloaded files there. Always make sure "read only" is not clicked. W11 has a lot of annoying issues like this... I never had this issue with W10.

When I made them re-writeable again with file properties that immediately solved the problem.

Last edited:
Guys... is there a way of disabling the Power/Torque pop up that appears when you hover the mouse over a car in CM?

It gives that information below the car when you click on it. I don`t think it`s needed in a pop up too and it just gets in the way.

Guys... is there a way of disabling the Power/Torque pop up that appears when you hover the mouse over a car in CM?

It gives that information below the car when you click on it. I don`t think it`s needed in a pop up too and it just gets in the way.
1701187432694.png

Thanks. I have that unchecked but I`m still getting the Power/Torque pop up popping up when hovering over a car.

:confused:

Thanks. I have that unchecked but I`m still getting the Power/Torque pop up popping up when hovering over a car.

:confused:

This will disable the popup when you're in quick drive car list. Though for some reason I don't have the other setting shown in previous reply.

1701214721060.png

Last edited:
Reactions: tjc
CM is crashing after every session - first line of error file shown below:
----------
System.IO.IOException: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
-----------
Always give me the option to restart and CM resumes - with a results page for the session that just crashed.
I've attached a copy of the entire message
I'd appreciate any guidance - thanks

Attachments

• 12-05-23.docx
    175.3 KB · Views: 38
I have found a problem. Please tell me if you can replicate it or take a look at the error message and try to see what's happening.

I have left only 2 quick switches, one for my keyboard/cockpit controls presets and one for my monitor/vr preset. The alt1 and alt2 hotkeys to switch between presets work great but alt2 (controls switch) crashes Content Manager when I use it unless I change to a different tab or click some menus before. I have tried changing the order of the quick switches and it's only the controls presets switch that crashes and only when using the hotkey. If I press alt1 before and then alt 2, the crash does not happen. The crash does not happen either if I press alt 3 or alt 9, which do nothing obviously, and then alt 2.

This is the error message:

Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at AcManager.Controls.Helpers.ControlsPresets.SwitchToNext()
   at AcManager.Pages.Windows.MainWindow.OnKeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.KeyEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawKeyboardActions actions, Int32 scanCode, Boolean isExtendedKey, Boolean isSystemKey, Int32 virtualKey)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.ProcessKeyAction(MSG& msg, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.CriticalTranslateAccelerator(MSG& msg, ModifierKeys modifiers)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.OnPreprocessMessage(Object param)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.OnPreprocessMessageThunk(MSG& msg, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.WeakEventPreprocessMessage.OnPreprocessMessage(MSG& msg, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.ComponentDispatcherThread.RaiseThreadMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at AcManager.App.CreateAndRun(Boolean forceSoftwareRenderingMode)
   at AcManager.EntryPoint.MainInner(String[] args)
   at AcManager.EntryPoint.MainReal(String[] a)
   at AcManager.EntryPoint.Main(String[] a)

Last edited:
CM is crashing after every session - first line of error file shown below:
----------
System.IO.IOException: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
-----------
Always give me the option to restart and CM resumes - with a results page for the session that just crashed.
I've attached a copy of the entire message
I'd appreciate any guidance - thanks
Probably bc of some crash in the past - your filesystem might be damaged, see Answer here, do a "CheckDisk" on your hdds: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...readable/bdb36827-f84f-42c1-bf28-5b2c17279cf1

Last edited:
Is there a way to modify the Content Manager Drive screen? I want to make it super easy for visitors. A big car, a big track, and a Go button. Even just a way to resize what is there would be helpful.
I did read here at RD there is a guy who developing a simple AC start alternative for the CM. Maybe this is what you are searching.
But indeed CM has become a bit to complex with contra productive adjustments that are causing all kinds of problems.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 64 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 42 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 27 12.3%
  • Forum trophies