Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

Is there a way to prevent the manufacturers names being removed when displaying the cars in thumbnails mode? (only the name of the model is shown).

Hi All,

I am playing with CM and CSP however I realied that the strengh that I set up for the AI sometimes it is not respected and I got some very strange results.

This is my Ai config:
1703275407964.png

But sometimes Patrese or Piquet lapping 3 sec faster than the others, sometimes it is works as it is expected.

example:
1703276847477.png

Is there someway to fix this or did I do something not correctly?

rest of the config is:
1703275532205.png

and I also tried with enabling AI limitation option.

Does it exhibit the same behavour if you run a quali too? I like to let the AI run a few laps so they get their setups correct. Just going straight to race usually leads to odd behaviour for me. I always use Weekend mode instead now.
Good point, I went straight to the race. I will try with Quali, thanks!

Last edited:
For some reason my weather settings changed and I see numbers instead of text of the setting:
1704213210986.png

Do you know how to revert them to text so I can set up the weather easily?

EDIT: CM restart solved the issue

Last edited:
Are there any surveys on how many Assetto Corsa / Content Manager users operate with VR? There must be a lot! Then, why does CM still have not support for VR? Is it so hard to make the menus work in VR? People are being forced to remove their headsets from their heads after leaving Assetto Corsa just to be able to see the menus. Consider that a mess that is, specially when you are sitting on your cockpit and you may not a have a place to leave your headset or you don't have a monitor in front of you. You can use Virtual Desktop, but you have to load it every time you leave the game and, moreover, who wants to have a third party app and SteamVR loaded wasting resources? And what happens with most users switching to OpenXR and having to load Virtual Desktop and SteamVR everytime they leave Assetto Corsa? It makes no sense.

Is it possible somehow to add variation for the individual AI skills?

You have a screenshot of you doing that a few posts up.

Unless you are talking about a more granular level of customization which is not possible. You have strength and aggression and thats it.

Only other thing I can think for customizing AI is to use the ai_default setup to force them to use particular car setups. That would be the same for every ai using the same car model, so not that useful outside of races with a large variety of manufacturers, like GT3 or BTCC for example.

Last edited:
Are there any surveys on how many Assetto Corsa / Content Manager users operate with VR? There must be a lot! Then, why does CM still have not support for VR? Is it so hard to make the menus work in VR? People are being forced to remove their headsets from their heads after leaving Assetto Corsa just to be able to see the menus. Consider that a mess that is, specially when you are sitting on your cockpit and you may not a have a place to leave your headset or you don't have a monitor in front of you. You can use Virtual Desktop, but you have to load it every time you leave the game and, moreover, who wants to have a third party app and SteamVR loaded wasting resources? And what happens with most users switching to OpenXR and having to load Virtual Desktop and SteamVR everytime they leave Assetto Corsa? It makes no sense.

Strange that doesn't affect me at all. I can play for hours in multiple races without taking my headset off once. Doesn't your headset come with a built in desktop viewer? Two taps of the button on my headset after the race and I'm right back at content manager.

Also bear in mind Content Manager is not an official app. Its essentially the work of one person who gives it away for free. It is a regular windows application with no 3D capability at all. Making it run in VR natively would be a mammoth task. If its that important to you to have an AC launcher that works in VR, you write it. I recommend looking into the Godot game engine. Its free, has VR support and should be able to do what you want.

Last edited:
You have a screenshot of you doing that a few posts up.

Unless you are talking about a more granular level of customization which is not possible. You have strength and aggression and thats it.

Only other thing I can think for customizing AI is to use the ai_default setup to force them to use particular car setups. That would be the same for every ai using the same car model, so not that useful outside of races with a large variety of manufacturers, like GT3 or BTCC for example.
Yes I meant on the individual AI level here:

1703275407964.png

I guess it's not possible then :(

Hi All,

I am struggling to make Content Manager loading/handling the correcr skins/cars in race weekend.

As you can see I got duplicated cars and generated skins for number 3 Ferrari:

cm skin issue1.PNG

Despite all the settings are seems correct in CM:
cm skin issue2.PNG

cm skin issue3.PNG

In race mode it is working fine I onlyhas this issue in race weekend despite I am using the same exact setup tehre as I used in race mode.

Can anyone tell me wat do I do wrong or how can I "fix" this?

EDIT: I found a workaround --> If I select grid type custom instead of manual it is working fine!

Last edited:
I’m using CM and without removing my VR-HS I can change everything for selection a new race. But admit nothing can beat the monitor on this point. To make the life of VR users easier:
-) the whole menu layout is unclear, a complete chaos, as if reading the magic book from Harry Potter. Make it more logical.
-) the choice of font style in combination to the background is for VR users wrong. Maybe introduce a bolt font type, could be the easiest?
-) lack of a search to find a adjustment, like damn the TAA, were to find this setting.

The layout is logical once you understand the logic. Presenting this many options is likely the problem. It could probably use a 'simplified' mode so its not so scary for newer users.

You can change the font and the background in the options. I use a larger font with a plain black background and its perfectly clear in VR, even in my relatively low res Valve Index rendering a virtual 4k desktop. Look under Settings>Content Manager>Appearance.

There is a search box. I won't claim it to be fully operational but it does work sometimes.

Last edited:
Where are the notes on cars and tracks stored? As in, which folder on my computer?

I've been searching but haven't found an answer yet, and also looking around in Assetto Corsa & Content Manager files but so far no luck. I keep backups of everything, and have lately been using the note feature a lot, but I can't figure out where they're actually saved to make sure they're getting backed up too. They don't seem to be in the .json files like most of the other information for a given car or track.

(When looking at a car in the content tab for example, it's the manual user's notes over on the right above "Total driven" and "Best laps")

Where are the notes on cars and tracks stored? As in, which folder on my computer?

I've been searching but haven't found an answer yet, and also looking around in Assetto Corsa & Content Manager files but so far no luck. I keep backups of everything, and have lately been using the note feature a lot, but I can't figure out where they're actually saved to make sure they're getting backed up too. They don't seem to be in the .json files like most of the other information for a given car or track.

(When looking at a car in the content tab for example, it's the manual user's notes over on the right above "Total driven" and "Best laps")

For cars these are stored in steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\$$yourcarname$$\ui\ui_car.json

There is an entry called "description" within that file that holds the data.

Tracks are similarly organized:
steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\$$yourtrackname$$\ui\$$yourlayout$$\ui_track.json

Just be aware you need to swap out the folder names that have $$ in them.

Last edited:
Hello,

I would like to ask some help regatding two things:

1. Is it possible to use decimal values in the individual ai skill setting and if yes how? I tried to use like this:
ai skill.PNG

But in the game those are round up:
ai skill2.PNG

Is it possible somehow to use decimal numbers for the ai skill and the game recognize that?

2. Do you know what exactly the randomization slider do?
randomization.PNG

Becasue if I change the other slider wont move so I dont think it is the same as the random varaince here:
randomization2.PNG

For cars these are stored in steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\$$yourcarname$$\ui\ui_car.json

There is an entry called "description" within that file that holds the data.

Tracks are similarly organized:
steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\$$yourtrackname$$\ui\$$yourlayout$$\ui_track.json

Just be aware you need to swap out the folder names that have $$ in them.
Thank for you for your comment, unfortunately it wasn't quite what I was looking for:

Underneath the Description, and above the "Total driven" info there is a single-line spot to add notes. You can click on it to open a dialogue box, type in some info, then click Okay (or Cancel), and there is no need to click the regular save button like you usually do when something else is changed in the .json file, like tags or description.

And I still can't find where these notes are actually saved on the PC. I've used CTRL+F to look for my notes in multiple cars' json files but they're not saved there. I figured somewhere in the appdata folder, but no luck so far there either.

CM_ContentViewer_Notes.png

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes