Can Verstappen Still Score Big in Monaco From Back of the Grid?

I presume this is sarcasm, but it makes no sense. No one good enough "rots in the lower classes", that is where they gain all they need to succeed in Formula 1. Hamilton and M.Verstappen are stereotypical examples of drivers promoted ahead of ability. Hamilton has under-achieved in the best car for the last 11 seasons and Verstappen still drives like an F3 amateur, making fundamental errors and poor judgement.

Money talks.

Underperforming lol.

LH was putting the moves on the great drivers since his first f1 start. He might've been older, but that experience has stood him in great stead.

How many wc's has he won now? He should've won the rosberg year but didn't and I think it was more bad luck than ability.

Roman Grosjean and Kevin Mag in front of Max, if he can pass them both early without contact then Max will be off to a good start. Somehow i cant see that right now.

RMR1

@Simberia
It's actually the moment for Max to shine.

>Monaco
>Back of the grid
>Free tyre choice/strategy choice

Now if he can put his supposed talent to use and do it without punting people off and without SC/red flag and still manage top 10, then, and then only will he have shown he does have that talent his fanboy club is so convinced of.

In any case, I'll be following him tomorrow with great interest.
Also curious here, let’s see.

RMR1

@Simberia
Underperforming lol.

LH was putting the moves on the great drivers since his first f1 start. He might've been older, but that experience has stood him in great stead.

How many wc's has he won now? He should've won the rosberg year but didn't and I think it was more bad luck than ability.
Still,he’s the most overrated WC in history.
Compared to a Fangio, a Clark, a Senna, a Schuhmacher. He’s just second class.

Still,he’s the most overrated WC in history.
Compared to a Fangio, a Clark, a Senna, a Schuhmacher. He’s just second class.

You have to be either joking or trolling...I find Lewis extremely grating and wish mechanical failure on him almost every race, but he is a superlative talent. As the years pass on and passions subside as perspective takes over, Lewis will be judged among the GOAT, I am sure of it.

As far as Max starting at the back of the field, I couldn't be more excited - Monaco is already must-see TV for me, but especially so now. I think we are going to see some serious thrills and some brilliant overtakes...but ultimately I don't see how this doesnt end up in a shower of carbon fiber fragments! Max is super talented but he has very little patience or capacity for strategic thinking when he's on-track (in my opinion).

Dont know. Driving skills are at 6's & 7's at the moment. Needs some coaching from nikki lauda or nigel mansell to sort this out, or he won't last the year with the team.

This crash today was devastating for red bull - they obviously have the fastest car by far here at monaco and one of them was needlessly trashed against the wall in practice instead of the easy 1-2 podium they should have got, and very much needed.

Going buy Max's form so far this year, or should I say "lack of" I tend to agree with the many other post's, if he doesn't trash it during an impatient wtf overtaking moment I'll be very surprised.

I don't understand all this comparing of WDC's from yesteryear and today either, the cars were so different, the era was analog, the tech was mechanical, until the late 90's. How you can even begin to put drivers from the 50's, to early 90's in a comparison to now is beyond me. Everything about the sport has changed, even the track services have evolved from gravel and tar to hot-mix emollients, the rubber used in the tyres has changed from the past to now.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 122 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.2%
  • €3001-5000