Can Verstappen Still Score Big in Monaco From Back of the Grid?

I am a fan of the guy he certainly has the talent but he needs to calm down otherwise he will be the joker of the season and he will lose a lot of fans. It will not be the first time that one of the greatest talents will not reach the top because of his own stupidity.

This will be either perfect race with a lot of risky but successful overtakes or he'll make a stupid mistake even in the same corner and that will blow some internets. He was lucky but I think he's running out of it. But who knows, of course.

I keep my promise from the other thread, he did it without incidents and without the help of a SC/red flag.

Respect, he shined today, showed his talent and I can only hope this challenge is a new start for him. He desperately needed it.
I agree, he should start all races at the end of the grid.

So, I guess all the "MV is just a hotheaded idiot" commentators got it wrong.

He drove a measured and appropriately aggressive race, making up as many places as was humanly possible, given the track.

And those were legitimate passes, not wave-throughs like Hamilton got from Force India.

I'm really starting to wonder if, without DRS, a big power advantage and compliant client teams letting him through - whether Hamilton is all that special really.

And those were legitimate passes

mad overtakes.jpg

:whistling:

So, I guess all the "MV is just a hotheaded idiot" commentators got it wrong.

He drove a measured and appropriately aggressive race, making up as many places as was humanly possible, given the track.

And those were legitimate passes, not wave-throughs like Hamilton got from Force India.

I'm really starting to wonder if, without DRS, a big power advantage and compliant client teams letting him through - whether Hamilton is all that special really.

No, we were not wrong. We can however criticize when it goes wrong and praise when it goes well. That's the difference between being objective and being a fanboy.

Not even investigated by the race stewards so what is the point you try to make with this?
At least there was some action on the track, and again it was Max.

Come on man. Max was driving fastest car and finished 9th and you are talking about him like he did win the race. Picture shows clearly that Max has not learned one single thing in the past two years (+60 F1 starts) and still races like a rocky.:confused:

To all here, it's my opinion Max did a really good race. No matter if you love or hate the guy.
Finishing 11 positions higher in a race with only one major incident (where he did not take part in ;)).
Vettel was not even able to overtake Ricciardo while he was driving on the combustionpower only with no to E-boosts available.
Makes Verstappens fault from 3rd practice even more sour, he missed out on a solid chance of a podium finish.
By the way, anybody who seen that fault from Verstappen in 3rd practice on normal video speed (at 240 km/u) must agree that Sainz was driving dangerously slow and was not visible from the corner before.
Out of nowhere he popped up almost in front with a massive speed difference.
I would have nearly shitted my pants if that happened to me in real life.

It amuses me that some people here seem to have forgotten we’re talking about Monaco, where passing is nearly impossible in modern F1 cars, and yet they brush aside the fact that Max cleanly made his way from last back into the points.

I’m not a rabid fan of Mad Max by any means, but good God some people are impossible to please or impress.

And that’s what it is to be a Fanboy: Impervious to Facts or New Informarion.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%