Can Verstappen Still Score Big in Monaco From Back of the Grid?

He did well, but I think any of the top 3 teams could get a points result here from the back row. And if this was a different circuit? Max would definitely get a top 6. Providing he didn't smash it first, but I think he knows he's under the microscope now.

Old jokes are boring!

This is not old joke just look those kamikaze moves when Max was trying to overtake Sainz Jr. Your hero never learns:
  • First, he over-drove in the first race of the season in Australia, ran wide and damaged his car and then spun, and finished sixth
  • In Bahrain, he crashed in qualifying and then retired from the race after colliding with Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes
  • In China, he lost a likely win by running wide trying to pass Hamilton and then colliding with Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel
  • In Azerbaijan, he crashed in practice and then retired after being hit by team-mate Daniel Ricciardo. Both drivers were considered to blame for the incident but Verstappen's decision to make an illegal second move in defence was a contributing factor
  • In Spain, he damaged his front wing lapping Lance Stroll's Williams after a safety car period but managed to continue to finish third
  • Monaco Grand Prix. Red Bull's Helmut Marko: " Max Verstappen crash 'unnecessary', They are all different incidents but this one for sure is a very unnecessary one.He has to learn not always to drive flat out.":O_o:
What I fear most is that one day, perhaps very soon Mad Max is going to kill somebody:(

This is not old joke just look those kamikaze moves when Max was trying to overtake Sainz Jr. Your hero never learns:
  • First, he over-drove in the first race of the season in Australia, ran wide and damaged his car and then spun, and finished sixth
  • In Bahrain, he crashed in qualifying and then retired from the race after colliding with Lewis Hamilton's Mercedes
  • In China, he lost a likely win by running wide trying to pass Hamilton and then colliding with Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel
  • In Azerbaijan, he crashed in practice and then retired after being hit by team-mate Daniel Ricciardo. Both drivers were considered to blame for the incident but Verstappen's decision to make an illegal second move in defence was a contributing factor
  • In Spain, he damaged his front wing lapping Lance Stroll's Williams after a safety car period but managed to continue to finish third
  • Monaco Grand Prix. Red Bull's Helmut Marko: " Max Verstappen crash 'unnecessary', They are all different incidents but this one for sure is a very unnecessary one.He has to learn not always to drive flat out.":O_o:
What I fear most is that one day, perhaps very soon Mad Max is going to kill somebody:(
Wow... do you have a spreadsheet to keep track of these things? I nominate you to be the chairman of the anti-Max fanclub.;) But I agree, it is not his year so far and he is making more mistakes than before. I think that it is quite normal that you go through good times and bad times, especially at such a young age. But that does not mean he is suddenly a bad driver and will soon kill someone. I am sure he will 'return', even better than before!:cool: And you may not have seen the interviews on Dutch TV, where you can clearly see and hear that he is well aware he is not doing well at the moment.

Wow... do you have a spreadsheet to keep track of these things? I nominate you to be the chairman of the anti-Max fanclub.;) But I agree, it is not his year so far and he is making more mistakes than before. I think that it is quite normal that you go through good times and bad times, especially at such a young age. But that does not mean he is suddenly a bad driver and will soon kill someone. I am sure he will 'return', even better than before!:cool: And you may not have seen the interviews on Dutch TV, where you can clearly see and hear that he is well aware he is not doing well at the moment.

You know all Max fans makes excuses about the age. This boy has over 60 F1 starts and if he is not dry behind the ears should Read Bull replace him few races and look if he is getting bit more mature.
One other thing is that Max has not suddenly become a bad driver he has driven all of +60 F1 starts the way he is racing today and I am having hard time to remember one race where he has not made contact with the other drivers.:sleep:
I would like also thank you to nominate me to be the chairman of the anti-Max fanclub but I don`t hate Max I just wish him to grow up, show some sportsmanship and stop messing up others racing.;)

Last edited:
It's not only his driving skills, it's his behavior in general as well which is certainly an age issue. He ignores every advice being given to him. If they tell him that "he's too eager", than he replies by saying "he's not". If they tell him "to slow down a bit", than he replies by saying "that's the difference between driving the lead or driving at the back". If Dr. Marko wants to have a conversation with him after Monaco, than he replies "he doesn't need to as he already knows what he did wrong". (just to stubbornly making another mistake next time) It's that kind of attitude which will destroy his F1 career. The boy won't listen to reason and needs to have a mental coach to guide him, but about 2 years ago he was asked if he had one and he replied "he doesn't need it". Well, I'll give him 1 more crash and it'll be over for him. Those stupid actions have cost Red Bull millions of dollars and they won't accept it any longer. I don't think that another team is waiting for a driver who crashes all the time as well, so where can he go? That's the difference between a 'hero' or a 'zero'. If only he had listened...

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 49 10.1%
  • €3001-5000