BCast (Esotic Mod)

Apps BCast (Esotic Mod) V0.8

Login or Register an account to download this content
Esotic submitted a new resource:

BCast (Esotic Mod) - WIP Mod of the BCast Broadcasting Overlay

Preview of what this looks like here:

The original BCast is posted over here:

It was last updated in 2017, so I'm assuming it's OK for me to release mods of this app. My primary motivation for releasing a mod of BCast is to feed the internal driver sort order to AutoCam and AnnouncerBot.

[URL...

Read more about this resource...

Assuming you only want the standings on screen while you're driving, yes, you could do that. If you want driver and camera switching that requires a second computer connected to the online server.
Ok Thanks, then i need other pc and other steam account for launch the game

BCast has driver and camera switching built in (which I don't use), or you can try AutoCam:

Nice to see, somebody is refreshing old good streaming apps like BCast ;) Im missing all the time one thing. Shortcut to enable/disable automated switching mode, as now i need to open app and click to switch to turn it on and off, so its visible in stream ;) Is it possible to make pls ?
Or even better, take some ideas from ACTV and merge those apps together ?
(realtime position changes, green/red arrows on position change, different color name if car is offtrack for some time and others) ;)

Nice to see, somebody is refreshing old good streaming apps like BCast ;) Im missing all the time one thing. Shortcut to enable/disable automated switching mode, as now i need to open app and click to switch to turn it on and off, so its visible in stream ;) Is it possible to make pls ?
(realtime position changes, green/red arrows on position change, different color name if car is offtrack for some time and others) ;)
Have you looked at AutoCam?

It has hotkeys for toggling Camera Switching (Ctrl+F6) and Driver Switching (Ctrl+F7).

I need to test it, by as far as i can understand it, i dont need modify actual track cams, just swap to another driver / interesting situation, whats the function in BCast actually, but its not possible to enable or disable this function by shortcut.

As someone that focuses mostly on using these apps for the purposes of live streaming, and potentially announcing races (as a human, not just a robot) what is the advantage of knowing when a pass has already happened? I'm assuming it would be better to know which battles are close so you can watch them before and while a pass is happening.

@Esotic sometimes its hard to get all passes in stream at same time. There is lot of potential battles and you can be only at one place with camera, so its great for streamer to see, if positions was changed, so you can at least talk about it, if you cant show it. Sometime it happens very quickly, when driver make some mistake and you are not even able to switch camera to that situation. Sometime, when drivers are 0.5 sec away, you have 5 laps of time, as they are not able to overtake. Etc etc etc. You cant just let camera automatically swap to every close gap, just because its not human, its robot and for viewers is not important battle for last place as battle for win, or you can have still 2 drivers at same position with close gap, but you know, they will never change position (some just don't make stupid mistakes), so you can swap to another battle, and those things you cant code into robot. You need to have some sense for choosing, which battle is important and which is not (sometime battle for 10th place should change result on whole championship), its not only about numbers ;)
Automatic swapping is great for practice sessions and there i'm personally using it all the time, but with Q i'm disabling this feature.
But hate this, when you need to disable it on stream :)

Last edited:
@Esotic sometimes its hard to get all passes in stream at same time. There is lot of potential battles and you can be only at one place with camera, so its great for streamer to see, if positions was changed, so you can at least talk about it, if you cant show it. Sometime it happens very quickly, when driver make some mistake and you are not even able to switch camera to that situation. Sometime, when drivers are 0.5 sec away, you have 5 laps of time, as they are not able to overtake. Etc etc etc. You cant just let camera automatically swap to every close gap, just because its not human, its robot and for viewers is not important battle for last place as battle for win, or you can have still 2 drivers at same position with close gap, but you know, they will never change position (some just don't make stupid mistakes), so you can swap to another battle, and those things you cant code into robot. You need to have some sense for choosing, which battle is important and which is not (sometime battle for 10th place should change result on whole championship), its not only about numbers ;)
Automatic swapping is great for practice sessions and there i'm personally using it all the time, but with Q i'm disabling this feature.
But hate this, when you need to disable it on stream :)
All very valid points, thanks for the feedback. :thumbsup:

Thanks for this I started using this now and find it very useful. We are organizing a national championship in Georgia and this will come in handy. There are couple questions I have. I could not activate safety car mode. I have changed the name in the file, to the desired car (lotus_2-eleven_gt4) for SC but it does not recognize my car as SC when I enter the race. I was testing it in offline mode and I am not able to exit the race to pits before lights go out. And when I do, my car is still on the leaderboard and is not designated as SC.

Thanks for this I started using this now and find it very useful. We are organizing a national championship in Georgia and this will come in handy. There are couple questions I have. I could not activate safety car mode. I have changed the name in the file, to the desired car (lotus_2-eleven_gt4) for SC but it does not recognize my car as SC when I enter the race. I was testing it in offline mode and I am not able to exit the race to pits before lights go out. And when I do, my car is still on the leaderboard and is not designated as SC.
The Safety Car features may need some attention. I'll add that to my list of thigns to check.

I've got that working in recent versions of my BCast mod and was assuming it made it into the version I posted on RD. If it's not working in this version it will be working in the next version I post.

This app is now part of "Streaming? Sweet!!". Any future updates will be contained in the new app pack.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back