AC Back to the sixties! A vintage car/track championship

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'm having to use no clutch and flappy paddles. Does anyone have advice for downshifts in the Porsche? Corners like T4 on this track I am wildly inconsistent with on downshifts, as the shift to third seems to make the rear step out massively. I manually blip the throttle on downshifts (left foot braking), and have tried downshifting normally, downshifting really quickly and also shifting later. The shift to third just sends the rear out. Any advice for driving this historic car?

Also, the racing line though the long hairpin at the end of the lap is so frustrating to find :roflmao:

Does anyone have advice for downshifts in the Porsche?
I don't know if it's the right way but I shift as late as possible so the RPM difference is minimal.
Also, the racing line though the long hairpin at the end of the lap is so frustrating to find :roflmao:
I am currently about ten laps on the practice server. I spend most of my time looking in the bushes :notworthy: . Pretty sure it isn't there:p!
I think it's somewhere left or right of center. Or both. Or it is the center itself:O_o:. Anyway, if I find it, I'll let you know:D.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's the right way but I shift as late as possible so the RPM difference is minimal.

I am currently about ten laps on the practice server. I spend most of my time looking in the bushes. Pretty sure it isn't there!
I think it's somewhere left or right of center. Or both. Or it is the center itself. Anyway, if I find it, I'll let you know.
I'll give the late shift a go later.

For the hairpin, getting it slowed isn't the issue, it's more that the tightest part is the last kink as the apex is just up a hill. It's like you can be picking up the throttle for loads of the corner, them have to lift right at the last part and lose so much momentum at the point you'd want to be flat out. Aargh it's so annoying to get used to.

I have 3 pedals, but around a year ago the brake pedal broke, so the clutch got repurposed into the brake pedal. So going for the clutch is not possible for me. Also I have no H-Shifter so LFB, auto clutch and paddles is my only option.

I think ( didn´d do a study of the telemetry) that even autoblip causes a slight surge at the drive wheels.
As most of us are left foot braking anyways it should be possible to blip "manually"

Another possibilty could be to go " oldschool" and shift with a straight wheel as we did ( I still do) when driving H-Pattern irl.

MFG Carsten

Guys,

For this Championship, the penalty for violating the Golden Rule is to take away all points from that event.
This is less severe that the normal 30 days ban. Please send me a message of fill in a report when you think is there is a GR breach.
I hope this will lead to even more careful and respectful driving. If you hit someone and he goes off track, by waiting you can at least score points.

OK, it appears although i am a premium member that renewed only this morning a day before expire date my discord is not recognizing my membership. Hence, no chat, no voice activation etc. Frustrating as i am due to race in 45mins. Any help from staff please?

OK, it appears although i am a premium member that renewed only this morning a day before expire date my discord is not recognizing my membership. Hence, no chat, no voice activation etc. Frustrating as i am due to race in 45mins. Any help from staff please?
I've read about this and iirc you need to re-link your account.
Go into your discord and your rd account settings. Somewhere you can kick out the linking between RD and Discord.

Then re-link them again and it should work.

Thank you, i think i have mic on now. Still cant use message. do you have the link for joining the server. i might just get by with that........cheers.....Steve

Thank you, i think i have mic on now. Still cant use message. do you have the link for joining the server. i might just get by with that........cheers.....Steve

Server will launch soon.

Screenshot_20210907-185055.png

I cant find the practice server? what am i doing wrong. Also discord will not allow me to activate mic on assetto corsa...Help please
If you search for 'racedepart' you should find it. If not, check if you have BOTH DLC installed and have the correct version of the track. If you still can't find it, try switching filters on or off.
Maybe it's also necessary to start content manager again.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.