AC Back to the sixties! A vintage car/track championship

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi Chris, you can miss races. Of course you will not get points for that event. But if you going to miss for example 3 out of 5 events, it's better to drop out to give someone else a chance. But missing one is not a problem.
Thank you, i was bummed at the thought of dropping out if the event. I spent a few hours in the spyder and i can see how it would improve overall driving skill. Its also a wicked fun car to drive!

Oh great, another natural :rolleyes:

First tried it with 53, will never get it up to speed for racing.:(

So if you don´t want to "foot blip" try the "assists" setting.
( Just checked, bottom left on the "JOIN" page of the server)

MFG Carsten
My first cars were non-synchromesh so had to learn through necessity, though doubt I'll be up to speed now :laugh:

Huge thanks for the "assists" tip, found it now:thumbsup:

Will look for that, thanks, heel and toe'd since I was 16, with no H shifter I feel there's a part missing :roflmao:
Without an h-shifter you don't need to clutch as far as I know.
So left foot braking with blips with the right foot. Only using the clutch for start/pit/spins & crashes :p
Doing this since I read about the little advantage of disabling auto blip with the mx-5 :D

Last edited:
Without an h-shifter you don't need to clutch as far as I know.
So left foot braking with blips with the right foot. Only using the clutch for start/pit/spins & crashes :p
Doing this since I read about the little advantage of disabling auto blip with the mx-5 :D
If you do use the clutch, you don't get the delay/penalty when shifting that you do get with auto-clutch enabled. Proper heel and toeing in Assetto Corsa will be slightly faster.

If you do use the clutch, you don't get the delay/penalty when shifting that you do get with auto-clutch enabled. Proper heel and toeing in Assetto Corsa will be slightly faster.
Yes I know, but what I mean is:
Don't map your H-shifter and don't activate auto-clutch.
You won't need to use the clutch when hitting the paddle. It will just shift without clutching.

I'm not 100% sure though but I think I used the mx-5 exactly like that...
I'll check tomorrow!

Yes I know, but what I mean is:
Don't map your H-shifter and don't activate auto-clutch.
You won't need to use the clutch when hitting the paddle. It will just shift without clutching.

I'm not 100% sure though but I think I used the mx-5 exactly like that...
I'll check tomorrow!
Thats exactly how I do ( cheat) it :redface:

Use the clutch for the start and than shift with the paddles.
I can´t Heel´nToe`in a racy environment. It´s ok in freeroams for cruising but to much of a distraction when racing.

@Enzo Fazzi .
does the time penalty also apply when using the clutch with autoblip?
Because I drive the Skippy with "footblip" and the Mazda with autoblip and I´m not consistent enough to feel a difference myself :rolleyes:

MFG Carsten

I'm so happy that one spot was open an hour ago. Now it's mine!
Looking forward to a wonderful event series! I just love older cars, and the track selection fits very nicely (with the exception of Riverside, but that's just my uneducated humble opinion)
Thank you @HF2000 for this great idea and for organizing it!

Who mentioned that word Skippy.

D5975D6D-D7A4-4B6E-9A9E-2795538F829C.jpeg

Thats exactly how I do ( cheat) it :redface:

Use the clutch for the start and than shift with the paddles.
I can´t Heel´nToe`in a racy environment. It´s ok in freeroams for cruising but to much of a distraction when racing.

@Enzo Fazzi .
Because I drive the Skippy with "footblip" and the Mazda with autoblip and I´m not consistent enough to feel a difference myself :rolleyes:

MFG Carsten
The penalty will be active when you have auto-clutch enabled.

There are 2 penalties.
One for the auto blip when upshifting (little longer pause of the throttle than needed) and one for auto-clutch (a bit longer clutching than needed).

I'll do a video over the next days that show the little differences :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.