AC Back to the sixties! A vintage car/track championship

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
We have done a lotus 49 race here at Deutchlandring before, about late 2020, a good field of drivers, too I think.
Also, I think David Pemberton ( fat Alfi ) was on the podium.:)
For the braver drivers you could have the Ferrari 312/67 and Lotus 49 or you could go further back in time and have the Maserati 250F (6 or 12 cylinder)

These track cry out to be raced with old F1 machinery. Respect to the racers of old who drove these circuits.

Yeah that was good fun. I've made two vids with impressions of that race, one vid onboard and one vid from TV cam, using camtool. (I think I won both races :whistling: :rolleyes:)

Last edited:
I cannot remember for sure who hosted the race It was possibly THR who use the pack regularly. It is a well known car pack by Bazza. All the 1967 cars in one pack. It uses the Kunos Lotus 49 and Ferrari 312 and BOPs the physics. Have seen it being used by other hosts. I found the link for the download but i don't think i am allowed to post? Anyway, it is easy to find on THR. Looking at it now.

Unfortunately we're limited to the cars that are available on RaceDepartment S.GP.
I can ask if they want to upload Bazza's pack but they seem to have not much time. I've been waiting for weeks/months for some tracks I want to have available.

Hi Han, while we are on the subject of this type of racing what is the situation with Legion cars mods He makes some interesting historic mods which i have become addicted to searching out. Very hit and miss in quality but when he gets it right it is quite good. His mods do have character for sure. He does not scratch build but never appears to have issues with his work. I do not see his work being hosted so i assume there is a problem with it? Would be great to race his cars.

Hi Han, while we are on the subject of this type of racing what is the situation with Legion cars mods He makes some interesting historic mods which i have become addicted to searching out. Very hit and miss in quality but when he gets it right it is quite good. His mods do have character for sure. He does not scratch build but never appears to have issues with his work. I do not see his work being hosted so i assume there is a problem with it? Would be great to race his cars.
Hi Steve,

What I said about Bazza's mod also goes for other mods. I'm depending on RaceDepartment to get cars available on s.gp.

Although Bremgarden is my all time favourite track, which I find quite addictive.
You are always about to have an off, you really live on the edge with this track.
When you do have an off you invariably collect any one around you.
And then some poor unexpected sod who is taking the bend flat only to find the road blocked with spinning cars.
Deutchlandring has wide roads and is more forgiving, you do not have , generally speaking, such a tight margins for most corners.
It is generally speaking a safer racing circuit, but just as much fun as Bremgarden, just different.
Will make a great racing circuit for all of us.
Some here , me included do not need to learn these circuits from scratch, but and this is a big but, learning them was so much fun.
We have had two races here with our John Powers winning in the Porsche 911
( something, cannot remember the name , oh yes I think it was stinger )
And of course Reik winning with the lotus.
But these circuits unlike our normal racing circuits, it is not so easy just to drive of into the distance; Making more time every lap.

Although Bremgarden is my all time favourite track, which I find quite addictive.
You are always about to have an off, you really live on the edge with this track.
When you do have an off you invariably collect any one around you.
And then some poor unexpected sod who is taking the bend flat only to find the road blocked with spinning cars.
Deutchlandring has wide roads and is more forgiving, you do not have , generally speaking, such a tight margins for most corners.
It is generally speaking a safer racing circuit, but just as much fun as Bremgarden, just different.
Will make a great racing circuit for all of us.
Some here , me included do not need to learn these circuits from scratch, but and this is a big but, learning them was so much fun.
We have had two races here with our John Powers winning in the Porsche 911
( something, cannot remember the name , oh yes I think it was stinger )
And of course Reik winning with the lotus.
But these circuits unlike our normal racing circuits, it is not so easy just to drive of into the distance; Making more time every lap.
Totally agree, Ernie.

You know that I'm a big fan of David's tracks.
Last Thursday I've got a WIP version of Battenbergring from @Fat-Alfie and I can tell you this: If you like Bremgarten very much, you're going to love Battenbergring!
When I got Bremgarten it took quite some laps to really appreciate it in the way you described very well here.
But Battenbergring was love at first lap! It has a great flow and lots of different challenges. I think David has outdone himself with this one.

I can hardly wait to organize a race on it.

Last edited:
Ack, I got a drive-through on the start line :mad: I must have moved an inch while revving although I'm pretty sure I had fully declutched. Too bad, took the drive-through after lap 1. Not sure if I would have been able to keep up with the leading pack.

Fought my way back to 5th with a nice fight with Dennis Betty breathing down my neck until I saw him go sideways in my mirrors in turn 2 about 3 laps from the end.

Good fun, well done podium guys!

Interesting start. From the back of the grid i could see a car near the front vibrating back and forth. When the green flag fell, a few cars in front of me had a pretty bad start. I avoided the tangle and settled in.
Right before turn one there was a car glitching out pretty hard, bouncing all around the track. Weird.

i knew i wasnt going to be fastest (although i ran close to my personal best) so i focused on consistency.

i spent most of the time behind guido in another spyder. He kept getting away in turn 8. The gap would open through the long strait into the final turn. I would close the gap in the essays and be right behind coming out of turn 7. But my line through 8 just wasnt as good, and he was faster out if the corner. The pattern repeated lap after lap until i almost lost it a few times and the gap got bigger. With the race almost over i spun on turn 7 when i crested the hill with the brake fully applied and skidded, ending up in the sand.

lucky for me the next cluster of cars was far back so i pulled back on to the road and gently finished the last few laps, careful not to push too hard. There was no way to catch up at this point so i just drove safe.
Congrats to the winners (so fu€#ing fast!!)
Thank you for hosting the race, han!

Last edited:
I feel a bit like Olivier Panis in Monaco. I mean I did a solid race but Enzo was missing and Erik had unfortunate trouble at the start. So I'm happy with the win but not too satisfied.

Epic pace @Erik Axelsson. When you were only 3 seconds behind me, I was worrying a bit. :whistling:
Gratz Reik,

If I could only keep it on the road for a full race. Ernie probably had a good laugh. Overtaking me while I was investigating the dunes at least a couple of times. ;)

Last edited:
You were so much quicker Erik, I never bothered to defend, first off there was 26min left, no point in defending with that much time, second I think there was 10 minuets left, no point defending, “I was hoping for an off with 3 minutes left” , you Rotter, no such luck.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back