AC Back to the sixties! A vintage car/track championship

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
Alfa_Romeo_GTA_Junior_Autodelta_Corsa_%281968%29_Solitude_Revival_2019_IMG_1751.jpg

1045961.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

The 1960s were a very interesting period in our history: politically, musically, socially, well in almost every aspect of our society. But it was also the era when the evolution of cars and car racing got a boost. Without the modern techniques such as ABS or traction control, the cars were more dangerous but also more fun to drive. There are fans of these cars among our community, but this championship is not just for them. The chosen cars and tracks are not too difficult to learn and are an excellent opportunity to get to know them. And if you try them, you'll get the hang of them after a few laps and you'll soon love them.
But you will also find that you will become a better driver from racing these cars. Chances are you will improve your PBs with modern cars after this championship.

So sign up for this 5-event championship:

Championship details:

• Cars: Alfa Romeo GTA (DLC) and Porsche 718 RS60 Spyder (DLC)
  • The events are every two weeks on Tuesday (see S.GP for date/time)
  • 75 min practice, 20min qualify, 40min race
  • Optimal track conditions
  • No mandatory pitstop
  • Practice server will be available during the week of the event.

Scheme (block these dates in your agenda!):
  • September 7, 2021: Bridgehampton
  • September 21, 2021: Bremgarten
  • October 5, 2021: Riverside
  • October 19, 2021: Deutschlandring
  • November 2, 2021: Feldbergring
Further details such as scoring rules and track conditions can be found on the Championship S.GP page. For each event, a thread will be posted as usual as a reminder and for the latest information.

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Useful Links:

Entry list:

Last edited:
In please Han, thanks for organising. :thumbsup:

It says every 2 weeks though there's a month gap between:
  • October 5, 2021: Riverside
  • November 5, 2021: Deutschlandring
....just checking:p

Last edited:
Low(er) grip conditions would make sense. In real life, these tires wouldn't put down much rubber, let alone on these large road circuits.

Yes for more reality lower grip is better. I use this in the Fat-Alfie championship with the Audi and Mazda but that are easy to drive cars.

As I want also attract drivers that aren't familiar with vintage cars, I kept the difficulty level not too high for this first championship.

Last edited:
Just got your email about this and it looks like the place for me to be.
Welcome Tony!

I see you're using your real name already here but can you also enter it in your RD account? In the account details is a field called 'Real Name' for it.

And make sure you know all our racing rules especially the Golden Rule!

See you on track!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back