AC Back to the sixties! A vintage car/track championship

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi, to confirm my entry in this championship as a premium member as requested...regards....Steve
Welcome Steve!

Please enter your real name in your account on RaceDepartment. There's a field 'Real Name' in the account details. It's one to the rules of our community as you might have read.

And make sure you know all our racing rules especially the Golden Rule!

See you on track!

Last edited:
Hi guys!

@Han Fazzi - I`am now a premium member and ready to race!
Welcome Zeckenzucht,

Great to have you. Please enter your real name in the accounts details of your RD account. There's a field called 'Real Name'. It's one of our community rules as you might have read.

And make sure you know all our racing rules especially the Golden Rule!

See you on track!

Last edited:
What do you mean by problem?

Vintage tyres slide, on lower track grip they slide even more. Sliding is fun. No problem ;)
I typed this on my fone and the (peep) software swallowed the smiley. ;)

I have the same opinion about sliding as yours.

Hell, I sometimes do it irl.
( just yesterday I did a short demonstration run for some nice customers. It was a real chore :cool:)

MFG Carsten

I was of the opinion that the Porsche was the more difficult to drive, now not so, you can really take liberties with it, not the fastest way around the track.:unsure:
I have spent an hour with both of them. but losing it with the Porsche just means it goes into a four-wheel drift which you can coach back on to track eventually, without losing it, even going across the grass does not mean an automatic spin.
it really is a lot of fun.:)
I managed a sideways entry into the corner through the corner and out the other side and still the same angle down the straight after the corner, it all felt quite natural too.:D:D:D:D
Not sure it would be a good race strategy though.:O_o:

Done sir, just need to find the Golden rule now :)

Here you are! It's also in the link in the 1st post.

And I saw you also signed up for the multiclass on Wednesday! You're joining a great community there with drivers that are very positive, helpful and respectful to each other.
Please read the first post from this thread also especially for the 'important' information in the green letters. https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...x5-monza-wednesday-8th-september-2021.207642/

And being on Discord is also important so you can hear my last minute pre race instructions.
Discord link for RaceDepartment is in the first post. I advise you to install the Discord app because the browser version doesn't support push-to-talk.
Here's how to navigate to the voice chat that we're going to use:
1630658546363.png

@Jordy van Oosten : Jordy, ook wel handig voor jou lijkt me.

Last edited:
@HF2000 Han, is auto blip disabled on the server? I ask 'cos I don't have a shifter so each downshift is locking the rear. It works fine offline btw :)
Hi John. Auto blip is not a setting on the server so I can't enable or disable it. You can see the settings in the event configuration.

@HF2000 han, i have to miss the race this tuesday. Ive never been in a championchip before, so im not sure how to proceed. Can i miss a single race or should i drop from the championship to open the slot?

@HF2000 han, i have to miss the race this tuesday. Ive never been in a championchip before, so im not sure how to proceed. Can i miss a single race or should i drop from the championship to open the slot?
Hi Chris, you can miss races. Of course you will not get points for that event. But if you going to miss for example 3 out of 5 events, it's better to drop out to give someone else a chance. But missing one is not a problem.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.