AC Back to the sixties! A vintage car/track championship

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi guys, is it possible to take part to a single event as a "wild card"?
Hi Davide,

No I'm sorry. 24 spots is the maximum for the championship.
This is determined by the track with the fewest pit stops.

But given the success of this championship ('sold out'), I will probably organize others in the future.

Keep an eye on the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club forum for thread where I will announce new championships.

... that moment when you're getting lapped by 12th place and crew chief says "concentrate, you're still in this."

...well played, crew chief. well played.

great job to everyone. i hope i didn't get in the way too much. the spyder is a fun and challenging car.
see you in a few weeks and thank you han for hosting!

@HF2000 whenever you have some spare time... the practice server is still on bremgarten, so when you can, i'd love to do a few practice laps on the next server. thanks in advance

Just had a a few laps around Deutschlandring, Felbergring and Fonteny. Wow, these are like three Nordschleife to learn! Plus Han & Brian are giving us the real Nordschleife next week. Need some serious practice.

These FatAlfie tracks are a works of art. @Fat-Alfie, how long to they take to create?

Glad you like them. They take 6 to 12 months to complete, depending on how much spare time I have in the evenings, and how much I get distracted by ideas for new (old) tracks :laugh:

Fonteny took 2 years to complete, but that was on-and-off as it was quite difficult to stay motivated at times.

I have made a start on the 1960s Stradale del Mugello (about 64km long), but I'm not sure that's going to even be possible for me to make to a high enough quality :(

Glad you like them. They take 6 to 12 months to complete, depending on how much spare time I have in the evenings, and how much I get distracted by ideas for new (old) tracks :laugh:

Fonteny took 2 years to complete, but that was on-and-off as it was quite difficult to stay motivated at times.

I have made a start on the 1960s Stradale del Mugello (about 64km long), but I'm not sure that's going to even be possible for me to make to a high enough quality :(
I know you're not doing this for the money, but I'd certainly be willing to pay for a 64km track in a Tuscan setting!

Han, have you considered running something like the Lotus 25 on these tracks.?It's not that powerful so it doesn't try to kill you at every corner. Would make a nice change from saloon cars and give us another challenge. Goes really well on the Deutschlandring :)

Last edited:
Han, have you considered running something like the Lotus 25 of these tracks.?It's not that powerful so it doesn't try to kill you at every corner. Would make a nice change from saloon cars and give us another challenge. Goes really well on the Deutschlandring :)
The Lotus was in the back of my mind. Personally I like events with two or more cars so that was my first priority.
Haven't found a car that more or less matches the Lotus 25 so if you do, please inform me.

But beside that, I can always organize a single event with the Lotus sometime.

The Lotus was in the back of my mind. Personally I like events with two or more cars so that was my first priority.
Haven't found a car that more or less matches the Lotus 25 so if you do, please inform me.

But beside that, I can always organize a single event with the Lotus sometime.
For the braver drivers you could have the Ferrari 312/67 and Lotus 49 or you could go further back in time and have the Maserati 250F (6 or 12 cylinder)

These track cry out to be raced with old F1 machinery. Respect to the racers of old who drove these circuits.

I really liked the old F1 cars, but it got to the events being cancelled due to insufficient drivers.
So you are left in no mans land, they require a good amount of practice to get to grips with them, you put in the effort, race gets cancelled, a vicious circle it becomes.

Out of interest, I checked my laptime for Bremgarten in Content Manager, and I have a 2:41.5 for the Porsche 912R (1965), which is about 0.5s off my Porsche 718 RS60 time in this week's race.

The Maserati 250F 6-cyl was 2:40.3 and the Caterham Seven 420R was 2:41.9

I really liked the old F1 cars, but it got to the events being cancelled due to insufficient drivers.
So you are left in no mans land, they require a good amount of practice to get to grips with them, you put in the effort, race gets cancelled, a vicious circle it becomes.
The Lotus 25 is a nice car to start with as it's not to powerful. Perhaps folks could like this post if they'd be interested in such a race and then we'd get an idea of numbers. I suggest they have a few laps around the Deutschlandring first to see how much fun they are. Maybe even David would join us?

I will check, may have entered into one of my delusionary states.
No still sane, it is one of the few replays that I had kept, I was catching Patrick ( rarely happens :( )
and Patrick was catching you, just as it would have got exciting, we would have all met at the same time and place, it was the last lap and that was that.:)

Did a race with the Lotus 33 from GPL pack @ Bremgarten some weeks ago. Not so twitchy as the 25 so easier to drive and maybe a good compromise? Was an excellent race, decent grid size and not to many incidents

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back