Automobilista 2 | New Nordschleife Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have revealed some further preview images from their upcoming Nürburgring Nordschliefe track coming to Automobilista 2 in the very near future.
  • Nordschliefe update expected next week.
  • Nurburgring DLC remains free to all until Nords layout added.
  • Further game update expected alongside track release.
In the last few days Brazilian development team Reiza Studios released a sizeable new update and content drop for their Automobilista 2 racing simulation. Initially the key new content item of this build was to be the Nürburgring Nordschliefe and various alternative layout configurations, however further development time was required by the team, and as such initial release found itself delayed by a few days whilst finishing touches are applied to the track.

In typical Reiza style, in order to make up for the disappointment the studio elected to allow free for all access to the current Nürburgring DLC, until such a time as the Nordschliefe track is released fully to the simulation.

Well, that time is fast approaching it seems, and to help build the tension we've got a few new preview images to feast our eyes upon ahead of the as yet unconfirmed release date. So, feast away...

AMS 2 Nords 2.jpg
AMS 2 Nords 3.jpg

Original Source: Reiza Studios Twitter

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the RaceDepartment Automobilista 2 sub forum for a place to hang out with fellow AMS 2 fans, share tips and tricks to maximise your experience with the simulation and grab all the latest news regarding the title.

AMS 2 Nords 1.jpg

Last edited:
By looking back at how long it took Kunos and others to make this track from the scratch, it will be just a rehash of PCars version.
I just don't see how realistic is to make a brand new one for a team of Reiza's size in such a short time.
It'll be a tweaked PCars one im sure. Hopefully they detail the physical mesh more if the PCars one isnt detailed enough (i never tested PC2).

There's a line in this song that's stick in my head about going into the woods today...today's the day...something something about a picnic....
Anyway, today's the day.... I hope anyway if Reiza meet their beta deadline.

• Deleted member 963434

Yes. I didn't evaluate it intentionally and waited for somebody to fall into my trap, mwhahaha!! :devilish:
EDIT: just kidding, that's what satan means, right there, to eliminate further misunderstandings :D
(I actually like the pCars NoS, but i agree, it's quite strange at some places...all the weird design decisions on pCars tracks always baffled me)

Because:
It's more of a hint, of how much influence "laserscanned" really has on track quality.

Spoiler alert (i'm sure we all know the answer): It's overrated.
A laserscanned mesh and track can still lack quality.

(Guys stop panicing already, i'm sure, the Reiza track will be good! :D)
Tey want laserscanned tracks like they want to learn inputs they make to em wheels in sims then transfer it 1:1 in real life if tey go to real nordschleife lol
I doesnt matter as yo never drive so fast in real life as in sim cause yo scared, only thing yo need to know turns and know track well and then adapt to it better than he who never saw nordschleife earlier.

Then you obviously have some settings tweaks to do. That's why they are there. Most people are now very happy with the FFB, but it's still very easy to screw it up with sub-optimal settings in the game, or, especially for DD wheel owners, in the wheel control panel/on the wheel.

The exaggerated effects from weight shift (some call it the pendulum effect) either side to side or rear to front from braking can be easily dialed out on my wheel. I can choose to have very heavy, exaggerated shifts (no thank you) or ones that feel incredibly natural. More natural than ACC or AC for that matter.

what tweaks i must do? i had it previously good, they just broke fbb
you tellin its good cause you simracers like to have strong ffb

Last edited by a moderator:
No offence bud, but I'm going to use my 180 hours of racing AMS 2 as my yardstick on how good the AI are... not a single video made by you. I know what I'm experiencing with the AI in AMS 2, and it is not good at all. I'm glad the AI is meeting your expectations though. :thumbsup:
Over 300 hours here, and I disagree with you, too. :D
Since a few updates, the AI has drastically improved from how it were in early stages. It's not perfect: It often doesn't react at all to moves in quick corners, and occassionally makes erratic moves, it has a tendency to just turn in when you divebomb them, and it poorly reacts to player movement on straights (which results in them breaking unreasonably often when you simply try to defend), but all in all, if you know their quirks, you can have fun races with them, sometimes even battles through several corners.

Not to say there isn't still a long way to go, especially concerning pace consistency and the aforementioned ability to make quick switches according to the way the player chooses to defend. But what you described in your posts (especially the excessive ramming) seemed to be the AI as they were in 1.0.5.0 - 1.0.5.1. has mostly fixed that.

• Deleted member 963434

There is gMotor roots in PC cars and AMS2.
Might be the AI suffers from those same problems.
Mostly it has difficulty with fast corners.
No matter how high you set the AI.
The AI sees a corner, we see a bended straight.
maybe best way is to make fake ai like in forza? they gather players data and set difficulty by time how much time it takes for ai to make a lap, if you pass em they may gain boosts to pass you or something

Tey want laserscanned tracks like they want to learn inputs they make to em wheels in sims then transfer it 1:1 in real life if tey go to real nordschleife lol
Yes, that's the ideal case, that's why the laserscan data also has to be implemented in a good qualitative way, without affecting performance too much. As far as i know, laserscan data is actually so detailed (but sometimes also with small irregularities like "noise"), that the mesh of tracks for home computer sims has to be still reduced to a decent level and things need correction. And there, quality of work by the track creator and also the system, the sim needs to run on is still a big factor. :)

That's why the pCars1 Nordschleife is quite abysmal (quite hard word and probably exaggerated, never was at the Schleife), compared to the rF2, AC or R3E one, i assume.

I have no doubt, Reiza will do an amazing job!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

You can compare pcars Nurburgring with the one already released for AMS 2 :)
Find 5 differences game? Barriers are flashing the same, overall I think PCars version is slightly better but it's splitting hairs, both pretty bad with that annoying flashing. Perhaps it's VR only, but enough to not enjoy that track.

Last edited by a moderator:
They do flash and then stop as you get closer, so classic z-fighting. I wonder what's behind the barrier that produces the conflict?
Does LOD Z-fighting exist? I mean it sort of is, but i mean the object itself fighting against itself between 2 LODs? Just wondering because Z-fighting with 2 surfaces fighting for attention due to being too close to each other seems so easy to fix, but maybe it isnt. Actually i dont even know what im talking about, lol. :D I thought Z-fighting happens when say a surface (window on a building) is too close to the wall behind it and then with a lower LOD the building becomes much simpler and the window surface is too close to the wall behind it and at distance that starts to Z-fight each other for attention. Maybe thats not how it works, but many games have no Z-fighting at all and some have tons. Is it down to the engine or poorly made objects/LODS?

Last edited:
frankly everyone is talking about ai but ams2 is not a game where one makes a career in solo. this game is made to run in multi a real simulation nothing to do with a pc2 or pc3 you do not prefer to play with people than with a bot waiting for human reactions?
for me personally i find ams or rfactor or iracing are just made for those who want to play in multi.
for those who want to play with ia there are titles for his personal i found his ridiculous and it slows down reiza's work for real multi players

Last edited:
They do flash and then stop as you get closer, so classic z-fighting. I wonder what's behind the barrier that produces the conflict?
yeah it's a classic z-fighting. Just like gmotor, on bigger tracks there's more of z-fighting. Won't be going too technical here, we're looking for better solution to minimize it.
Obviously there is asset library came with engine, and we're clear to use it, so we do for things that are lower priority in track dev. But some might notice we're constantly growing our own asset library and replace some objects/textures with ours.
As for Nords, we use the same laserscan data SMS used, but we process it slightly differently, and also did the changes and updates according current state of track (new tarmac zones with reduced bumps, some curb additions and updates, updates to some runoff zones between track and barriers, gravel traps etc).

frankly everyone is talking about ai but ams2 is not a game where one makes a career in solo. this game is made to run in multi a real simulation nothing to do with a pc2 or pc3 you do not prefer to play with people than with a bot waiting for human reactions?
for me personally i find ams or rfactor or iracing are just made for those who want to play in multi.
for those who want to play with ia there are titles for his personal i found his ridiculous and it slows down reiza's work for real multi players
newsflash bro - it's not all about you

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back