Automobilista 2 | New Nordschleife Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have revealed some further preview images from their upcoming Nürburgring Nordschliefe track coming to Automobilista 2 in the very near future.
  • Nordschliefe update expected next week.
  • Nurburgring DLC remains free to all until Nords layout added.
  • Further game update expected alongside track release.
In the last few days Brazilian development team Reiza Studios released a sizeable new update and content drop for their Automobilista 2 racing simulation. Initially the key new content item of this build was to be the Nürburgring Nordschliefe and various alternative layout configurations, however further development time was required by the team, and as such initial release found itself delayed by a few days whilst finishing touches are applied to the track.

In typical Reiza style, in order to make up for the disappointment the studio elected to allow free for all access to the current Nürburgring DLC, until such a time as the Nordschliefe track is released fully to the simulation.

Well, that time is fast approaching it seems, and to help build the tension we've got a few new preview images to feast our eyes upon ahead of the as yet unconfirmed release date. So, feast away...

AMS 2 Nords 2.jpg
AMS 2 Nords 3.jpg

Original Source: Reiza Studios Twitter

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the RaceDepartment Automobilista 2 sub forum for a place to hang out with fellow AMS 2 fans, share tips and tricks to maximise your experience with the simulation and grab all the latest news regarding the title.

AMS 2 Nords 1.jpg

Last edited:
Sure, which is why the custom profiles are as popular as ever. :rolleyes: It's great that you are happy now, but you don't speak for "most". The FFB is certainly an improvement on what it was, but it's still nothing special.

No offence bud, but I'm going to use my 180 hours of racing AMS 2 as my yardstick on how good the AI are... not a single video made by you. I know what I'm experiencing with the AI in AMS 2, and it is not good at all. I'm glad the AI is meeting your expectations though. :thumbsup:
OK

Attachments

• 118243341_2793602284202707_3428853332470776233_o_cr.jpg
    118243341_2793602284202707_3428853332470776233_o_cr.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 252
Still so much to fix. Bumpy Porsches, mine fields disguised as grass/gravel, too much camera movement, absolutely mental AI and so on.... That is, if they even consider the bumpy Porsches and the horrible grass/gravel bugs.

Game is already back to some terrible player numbers, and to think I almost bought the season pass, dodged a bullet!

The pCars version also is.
The PCars 2 version, to be exact. The PCars 1 version is...not great.

where is the second picture taken on the nords? I feel like its at the end of Hatzenbach but that can't be right when you look at the surroundings. Those tyre barriers do not make any sense, and neither do the fences.
If you mean the first image, then I think it's the exit from Brünchen and into the Eiskurve.

Last edited:
The PCars 2 version, to be exact. The PCars 1 version is...not great.
Yes. I didn't evaluate it intentionally and waited for somebody to fall into my trap, mwhahaha!! :devilish:
EDIT: just kidding, that's what satan means, right there, to eliminate further misunderstandings :D
(I actually like the pCars NoS, but i agree, it's quite strange at some places...all the weird design decisions on pCars tracks always baffled me)

Because:
It's more of a hint, of how much influence "laserscanned" really has on track quality.

Spoiler alert (i'm sure we all know the answer): It's overrated.
A laserscanned mesh and track can still lack quality.

(Guys stop panicing already, i'm sure, the Reiza track will be good! :D)

Last edited:
(I honestly couldn't care less about whether or not a track is laserscanned if it's good and looks/feels authentic and accurate enough. The PCars 1 Nordschleife doesn't. That's the only thing I care about. I'm not sure if I fell into your trap or not, because I don't really understand what you were trying to achieve, but if I did, then I hope you had fun. Doesn't look like anything to me...)

Last edited:
(I honestly couldn't care less about whether or not a track is laserscanned if it's good and looks/feels authentic and accurate enough. The PCars 1 Nordschleife doesn't. That's the only thing I care about. I'm not sure if I fell into your trap or not, because I don't really understand what you were trying to achieve, but if I did, then I hope you had fun. Doesn't look like anything to me...)
Man, it was a joke! :p

That's why i wrote, "i'm sure we all know the answer", i didn't imply, you would think that.

Last edited:
just my 2 cents...

1) always delete your player profile after a big update and let the game create a new one this should fix most of the issues with FFB and AI...

2) Delete all the previous car setups after a car update since those are going to affect car handling no matter if the update fixed it...

After that if the issues are still there please report on Reiza forum for a fix and then come here to moan.

I don't have many hours in-game to be trusted but thanks for your time anyway.

Regards

I am new to AMS2 & have not played any Reiza sims.All I can say is the entire experience is very patchy.
The AI is to fast or to slow depending on track & car.Definitely feels like work in progress.
The new cars like GT4 are great but some of the old stuff looks & drives terrible.The cartoon looking Beetles should have been upgraded for this game or simply left out.
When I finish a race I get the same empty feeling that I had with Project Cars 2.With no custom championships or custom AI car selection available you are left with a great sim that is only good for a single race with a great car/track combination.
The Nordschleife is always welcome in any game but like the GT4/GT3 cars other sims have this content I would prefer more fleshed out categories like Porsche 924,934 to compete with the BMW M1 in Group 4,GT Legends series of cars & some newer one make saloon series.(Nords,GT3/GT4 probably generate more money for developer)

All this title needs to be great is to combine the best of AMS2 & Project Cars 2 content,fix the AI & have custom AI & championships.

It is very likely, that the Reiza Nordschleife will use at least assets from the pCars2 foundation...and i mean, why not...it's there and its fine. The inaccuracies can be adressed.^^

I think, it is really hard to build a reasonable discussion already about at which standards the track will be at the end, after seeing 4 screenshots...
The Madness engine does not come with track models or cars. Reiza have no access to pcars tracks and cars.
My Nissan Elgrand has the same engine as the Nissan 350Z, but that does not mean the whole vehicle is the same!

Last edited:
The AI is kack, the worst among the sims I play by a long margin. Lots of work to do. I don't even bother trying singleplayer races anymore, to save myself the frustration.

This is exactly my experience. Have no idea how anyone thinks its any good. If this is the poor standard people are now willing to accept then I pretty much give up on ever racing AI in this game.

Last edited:
The AI has improved in it's general abilities since the first EA release sure, but the improvements in it's awareness of the player and it's ability to run closely certainly hasn't. You cannot have any confidence at all when running side by side with the AI on the approach to a corner... or even a straight, half the time.

Not a lot different, to be honest. I think it's more about where you are in relation to the AI's desired racing line rather than which side you happen to be on. I've had AI swerve into me on both sides on numerous occasions.

This is simply not true. I run all kinds of combinations and the problem is the same regardless of track and class used. "Trading paint" does nothing to "help" the situation (and certainly should not be a requirement, even if it did), as you'll be happily driving alongside knowing the AI knows you're there and then... BOOM, right before the corner it'll swerve into you.

The AI is kack, the worst among the sims I play by a long margin. Lots of work to do. I don't even bother trying singleplayer races anymore, to save myself the frustration.
Funny, especially witht he latest updates ams2 is my top sim to race against the ai in. I can go up the inside with no issues now as long as i maintain my line and dont try to run out to the outside with an ai car there. On par with ACC which was the best for me previously.

Funny, especially witht he latest updates ams2 is my top sim to race against the ai in. I can go up the inside with no issues now as long as i maintain my line and dont try to run out to the outside with an ai car there. On par with ACC which was the best for me previously.

You're right!. That IS Funny!.. I would even say it even borders on Hilarious!

Last edited:
Both ACC and AMS2 AI are absolute ****. But AMS2 AI will straight up murder you.
Not my experience. It was early on but i have had many good times racing the ai for months now. Its one of the only games i have ever gotten to over 300 hours in. 307 as of today, probably going to go up by a few later on. Im sorry you arent having fun, i can hardly play other sims with how this one feels. maybe i should record and upload one of the several race replays i have saved where i went a full 15 laps without being constantly battered. or not because i would rather just go back and race than spend an hour trying to convince you that you can in fact race the ai successfully. the brazilian stock cars on the brazilian tracks are currently the best to race against but i have had a lot of fun with the gt3 cars too.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back