Automobilista 2 | Ginetta G40 Headlines V1.1.1.0 Update Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have today released a new build update for the Automobilista 2 racing simulation - adding a number of fixes and improvements alongside the brand-new Ginetta G40 GT5 and Cup series.
  • Ginetta G40 GT5 and Cup added.
  • Multiple UI and HUD improvements.
  • Physics, AI and audio updates.

Another sizeable build update for Automobilista 2 has dropped today, as Reiza Studios continue to work hard polishing and updating the ever improving AMS 2 racing simulation. In this latest build release, allocated the V1.1.1.0 marker, the Brazilian development team have brought another wide selection of tweaks and improvements to the title, especially around both the physics and AI within the game.

Of those physics updates it is worth particular note to see the developers have further refined the tyre drop off values for the cars within the sim, hopefully bringing tyre life behaviour within the sim closer to the values of the real world equivalents.

As well as a healthy selection of changes to the main build of the title itself, another nice feature of this update is the inclusion of the small but mighty Ginetta G40 - in both Cup and GT5 form. Known for the intense racing action it produces over in the Ginetta Junior series in the UK, the car is an absolute favourite of the younger racing driver, and should make a very welcome addition to the simulation for us of the virtual racing fancy.

You can check out the full update change log from the new build below:

V1.1.0.5 -> V1.1.1.0 CHANGELOG

CONTENT

• Added Ginetta G40 to GT5 series
  • Added Ginetta G40 Cup series

GENERAL
  • LiveTrack now maintains rubber state between sessions.on a race weekend (rather than resetting to a "green" track at the start of every session)
  • Reduced base grip from a green track & increased grip range to max grip state

UI & HUD
  • Added option for German localization
  • Fixed wrong description on 'Edit HUD' menu option
  • Adjusted size and layout of ICM strategy menu to make current strategy more readable
  • Fixed scrollbar on Start Championship list
  • Fixed incorrect heavy fog icon
  • Fixed Race sessions showing practice length on lobby detail page
  • Fixed Add session start time to lobby detail page
  • Remove stray icon from formation lap info HUD element
  • Fixed text alignment of Retired/Pit indicator on replay/spectator leaderboards
  • Added missing translations for some recently released tracks
  • Added missing Edit Hud Description, Drive layout, FFB Damping translations
  • Fixed PIT text overflowing container on HUD leaderboard in some languages
  • Fixed issue where simulate/retirement screen could become unresponsive when choosing no during exit confirmation.
  • Adjusted loading screen gradient to provide more positive feedback at lower levels
  • Added leaderboard class icon for GT40Cup, Group A, JCW, TC60

PHYSICS
  • Further differential & driveline fine tuning; further reduced crankshaft mass (reduces overall engine inertia); reduced axle shaft mass & slightly reduced wheel bearing losses (slightly increases top speed & improves differential functionality)
  • Further tire tread adjustments for all cars (generally less speed sensitivity, slightly sharper peak slip angles)
  • Revised tire grip falloff rates when under and over optimal operating temperature, & added rates to several tires that didn´t feature substantial falloff rates
  • Further revisions to rain tire compounds
  • Slightly reduced efficiency of slicks on wet surface
  • Slightly increased tire automatic preheating ratio before race starts
  • Adjusted optimal temperature ranges for carbon & steel brakes
  • Adjusted brake heating & cooling rates for all cars
  • GT3 cars now use steel brakes instead of carbon ceramic
  • Revised Kart / superkart physics (tires, driveline)
  • Fixed errors in front tire tread for Fusca Classic FL
  • Fixed error on Super V8 Hard tire compound
  • Replaced Roco tire physics to better match the one from its P3 opponents
  • Slightly adjusted F-Classic G3M1 torque curve
  • Moved default brake bias slightly rearwards for F1 cars, Porsches, P1 cars (require setup reset)
  • Minor Procar Group A, Caterham, Porsche Cup & Superkart revisions (require setup reset)
  • Minor F-V10 G1 / Mclaren MP4-12 aero corrections to front wing yaw & pitch sensivity
  • Minor adjustments to default FFB (communicates rear end better from vehicle yaw rate developing on turn in and countersteer on rear tyres sliding)
  • Improved FFB damping function: it´s now non-linear with very little effect in small /slow steering inputs, more on really fast & bigger inputs
  • Reduced effects of tire flatspots on FFB
AI
  • Added parameter to callibrate AI traction off the line on a wet surface vs player
  • Added parameter to control how far ahead AI cars factor lapped cars ahead per type of car
  • Adjusted AI performance on wet (both on slicks and wet tires), correcting some generally large discrepancies in each case
  • General AI performance callibration pass for all cars
  • Further adjustments to AI throttle application for various cars
  • Further adjustments to AI aggression scalars per car
  • Further reduced AI lateral jerkiness/weaving/abruptness
  • General AI callibration for various cars
  • Bumped AI aggression scalars, reduced AI extra awareness with human scalars to better exploit latest AI code developments & better raceability

AUDIO
  • Sprint Race: Improved off-throttle pops, further polished engine sound loops
  • Caterham Academy: Improved off-throttle pops, further polished engine sound loops

TRACKS
  • Spa: Minor art pass
  • VIR: Rebuilt collision walls to latest tandards; fixed disappearing pit guy for north pitlane layouts
  • Velo Citta: Added terrain shadow casters; minor corrections & fixes
  • Hockenheim: Reduced road mesh noise; Minor bug fixes; Updated TV cameras & added VR cameras to all layouts
  • Reduced road mesh noise for Goiania, Jerez, Velopark
  • Interlagos Historic: Minor bug fixes
  • Cascais: Reduced road mesh noise, Fixed a few LOD pop issues
  • Montreal Modern:Reduced road mesh noise; minor bug fixes
  • Brands Hatch: Reduced road mesh noise; minor bug fixes
  • Spielberg:Reduced road mesh noise, minor bug fixes
  • Adjusted drone animations & removed excessive number on some tracks

VEHICLES
  • Added 8 new Chevette skins (10 in total)
  • Added street tire tread for external model of Camaro SS, McLaren F1, Ultima GTR, Copa Fusca, Opala 79 and Opala OldStock
  • Corrected headlights effect for Mclaren F1 GTR & BMW M6 GT3
  • Fixed kart LODs to avoid visible opponents legs popping
  • Further brake glow range adjustment to better match physics heating & cooling rates
  • F301 and F309: Improved cockpit windshield glass material and rain drops
  • Sprintrace: Added boot and wing to cockpit
  • Mini: Fixed wipers not working in cockpit view; Improved cockpit carbon material
  • Further adjusted backfire parameters (less backfiring when lifting off throttle)
  • Added visible onboard brake glow for cars with visible brake discs from cockpit
  • Gol Classic B: Corrected wrong number #94 now #65; 3 teammate skins added
  • Ginetta G40 Cup / GT5 livery updates to #05 #10 #28 #32 #38
  • Porsche 991 Cup 2: Fixed small glitch in cockpit model

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 - available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know more about the sim? Got a trick or tip to share with the community? Fire up a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and share that knowledge!

AMS 2 Update 2.jpg

Last edited:
I feel it's not long now until the AI are "there", in the SuperV8 at least they seem scared of your rear bumper and keep a large gap which is really immersion breaking, that was before the recent patch though so maybe that's fixed.

As for the Sim as a whole I'm getting closer to racing it more often, but something (like the AI above) just makes me take a step back and I feel like I'm always waiting for the next Patch to bring me that Golden Ticket.

I feel it's not long now until the AI are "there", in the SuperV8 at least they seem scared of your rear bumper and keep a large gap which is really immersion breaking, that was before the recent patch though so maybe that's fixed.
I noticed yesterday that using the mirror the car on my tail seemed a lot further back than when I used the look back, and by quite a margin.
I'm sure I read something about the FOV in the mirrors not being correct.
Not being the fastest driver I get a lot of cars on my tail.:whistling:

at least now, its definitely getting there, made great strides - when you apply downforce, lets say the ajr v8 p1 car, at spa, stiffen the front spring one notch (to 190 on front and back but do not touch anything else in all that), d/force front and rear at 8, then tweak the diff up to 76/77 max on power ramp (your preference), it actually DOES what you think it should do. certainly goes well. can really iron out that corner entry, middle, exit scenario or combination of dialing it in across each section which used to be so hard to do. and now the tyre temps make more sense (if you wish to keep them a good temp on inside and outside and middle you can change the camber maybe)... so less slidy type stuff.

then break pressure about 96 and bring brake bias to front at 60 almost or slightly more - open the front duct a bit, 70% maybe, area is cold.

And of course now you must definitely drive those 1 or 2 laps to see those temps come about. And the track being less green.

Then version 45 custom file gain 100 in main and 50,50,50 - but for this car I set specific gain in car setup to 75; for the custom file at least, this changes the turning strength, and it all blends in very nicely. While I do not believe AMS2 does take offs as well as something like race room (which makes ACC seem so muted to be honest haha) its pretty blended in.

Always wonder if people go and do that... when they say its slidy.

Not me being the tune-police, I just wonder because you can get rid of it pretty much [now]; so last 2 patches I really bothered tuning things again for each track. I also make sure to keep practice [at least] on 2 random weathers, 1 clear to start and then cloudy, then random-random. I do not mind role playing when the transitions are as of now very seamless, and I may or may not pit, whatever its good to slide in the rain/atmosphere (you know when you are out in a field in the wide open sky and the atmosphere is basically almost alive and the weather rolls in, rolls out, smell of grass and dust, etc) thats cool.

Any way thats great progress in my book. I notice also better AI across the board but must be higher tuning needed - however for example when you set it to 100 aggressiveness they kind of do what you may think they should (and then set it to lower skill), and I have seen good things from the AI, but agree they can also still hang back or maybe they are just not as fast.

_

I would then say: I challenge any one to drive this game in a race at dusk or 7am in the morning at Jerez in the mp4 open wheeler and see if they do not like it. 100 AI aggression and maybe 80 skill (so, you know, you win but worked for it...from the back of the grid) I won't believe them if they say they didn't like it. Default or custom ffb doesn't matter.

- but 85 power ramp in drive train;

- 32 downforce front
- one notch down on front suspension slow and rebound (so thats 2 settings). for a custom ffb gain in main is 100 -> then per car ffb for this mp4 I would put it at 93-95/95 only set and forget
-increase seat height and move seat forward, not too much either way just enough to fill your view with the road. if you like it like that. left foot brake it if you do that and also if you are good enough you can use the clutch 2nd brake thing as well, which I am not.
- can play with gear ratios at some point

Last edited:
Totally agree! AMS2 has lots of personality, but it really needs better art direction and better liveries too!

Liveries, right!? Maybe they could reach out to their community to add more realistic "rip-off" liveries. Racing the GTPs in Project Cars 2 is so satisfying because you have all those authentic 962 and Jaguar and Nissan liveries. I feel that when AMS2 gets GTPs there will be the Rothmans Porsche and a handful of bland AI cars. It will be a letdown in that respect.

I noticed yesterday that using the mirror the car on my tail seemed a lot further back than when I used the look back, and by quite a margin.
I'm sure I read something about the FOV in the mirrors not being correct.
Not being the fastest driver I get a lot of cars on my tail.:whistling:
Yes, absoloutely its a point i've been bringing up alot recently as it exagerates the feeling of the cars behind giving up somewhat, so its not actually as bad as it seems with the A.I. Rather should i say not as bad as it has been, becuase the new update is a real step forward in terms of A.I. aggression, they are much less timid now when behind you. I've actually had a look to see if there are any files that could be adjusted using notepad to change the mirror FOV, but no joy yet. Also Theres quite a difference between the virtual mirror and the cars actual mirrors, they are much better, it is the virtual mirror where the FOV is a bit out.

Just messing round with the patch and the sigma p1 car at santa cruz

this patch must mark the beginning of something as this setup is pretty sweet and dialing in all cars has become a lot better.

downforce is 2 and 6.

brake bias is 57 front

brake pressure is 100

front duct opening is 70% (or it will not be as efficient and aero i am guessing is already good with a p1) somehow this makes it drag that much better and is a lot more useful here and

also rear brake duct opening is 60%

just a note on that for a moment - I have wondered why this is such a large effect in this game; increasing brake and here aero a lot, but only racing 4 or 5 laps. turning and braking with confidence, can meet the demands of the setup

front spring is 160 - helps with turn in and going over the strips wont unsettle it.

did i change rear spring hmm will check - up 1 to 190 - thus it pushes nicely around corners more.

slow bump and rebound (2 settings) are one notch lower at 6828 and 8358

drive train is 84/85 power and 55 coast

1.40 tyre pressure early in the morning, maybe can go lower. then camber came out to -2.0 at the back because tyre temps were strange and right rear was not being 'cooked up' enough.

anti roll at front was put down a notch to 140

toe touched only at front to -.4

car specific gain is down at 63% and it blended in very well with the custom 45 ffb file. default ffb will probably need no such adjustment and is serviceable/useable in of itself.

did not change ride height or anything else.

__

Such a set up turns really well on those chicanes, boom left and boom right, and then on the longer bends than go left then right....and is all round pretty good. Finally, though the thing feels like it cant brake very well, it has lots of traction in the low end and it won't slide off. But sliding in general is at a bare minimum, which is nice to see here in 1.1.1 when tuned.

Such a thing was not possible before with this car, its made it a really deft drive. From straight line stable and steady lightning rod to a sharp turner and fully responsive; can stay on the power at santa cruz very well. (how it fades after 4 laps hehe I don't know)

I am sure people would love this setup in 1.1.1 at santa cruz, the (p1) Sigma; racing in the shade at 7am to a purple sky and headlights

Last edited:
Must admit, i am not the Ayrton Senna of Sim Racing, more like the Mark Blundell, i will never be the quickest nor the most skilful, but i must say though I absolutely love this game, playing with a Xbox controller, and the game feels great for myself

I always end up finishing between 20th and 30th place, no matter what, the enjoyment this game brings to me is second to none, and the current content will keep me going for quite some time. From doing a Time Trial to a 20 lap race, i finish the session with a big smile on my face, and to me that is what it is all about. Enjoyment.

Keep up the good work Reiza.
What an awesome guy Mark Blundell is, I met him way back at Nazareth when he was driving Indycar and we discussed many things about F1 and James Allen's spare tire :laugh: But yeah this sim rocks!

What an awesome guy Mark Blundell is, I met him way back at Nazareth when he was driving Indycar and we discussed many things about F1 and James Allen's spare tire :laugh: But yeah this sim rocks!

while I am vehemently against controllers (but cant deny mine is sitting there and I could try it and have thought of doing so), the sigma p1 is a great bet in which to use it, as such with the setup I listed at santa cruz - try it, because its flickable and sure-footed and medium-long bends. and no trouble with braking which is straight forward there, so a controller should handle it great

Last edited:
while I am vehemently against controllers (but cant deny mine is sitting there and I could try it and have thought of doing so), the sigma p1 is a great bet in which to use it, as such with the setup I listed at santa cruz - try it, because its flickable and sure-footed and medium-long bends. and no trouble with braking which is straight forward there, so a controller should handle it great
huh?

1. you are probably in a much lower socio economic group to myself

Thats ok. I will try to show you respect so you do not suffer any more self esteem issues than need be.

YOU. USE. A . "controller"... ok?

(you probably pronounce it "muh controwla!"

You do that for a title that basically demands a wheel and pedals setup. And do not give me the nonsense that a controller is perfectly fine.

It is what it is, however. For example - I have a VERY GOOD controller - but I will never use it probably - my wheel does 10's of thousands of points, and the pedals the same....its like you turned up to attract the pretty girl but went home with the ugmo.

And if you like sim racing (which I doubt you do) you should bend every effort to buy a wheel.

I get it - excuse number 1a - you're "poor". Guess what genius - you just bought a non-needed computer game and its called Automobilista 2 - YET you probably buy junk food as well and a whole host of 'non essentials' in your life, when you could be getting down with a filth-wheel and pedal setup, and you are probably not very good with money, and you say 'huh' to people who are just plain better at life than you.

My advice is buy less junk food and nonsense and put it toward a measly 500 dollar (approx) wheel. BUY it second hand if you must, just do it.

2. Above I made a setup with the sigma p1. The set up is such that even you could drive it on the controller.

3. Don't expect any controller updates. Its like being a waste of oxygen or space.

4 Make sure you buy the games next DLC - its the least you can do if you refuse to advance sim racing by using a controller. You would need to improve your finances and your rationale about these things, but I BET you could do it (or maybe not).

5 Take the L off your forehead - or the guy is trolling from the jealous people over at raceroom or some such.
Wow really? Why dont you start reading the correct post and THEN reply correctly ok? I had never mentioned a controller :thumbsdown:

Wow really? Why dont you start reading the correct post and THEN reply correctly ok? I had never mentioned a controller :thumbsdown:

then you can disregard that. I said sorry, sincerely, and then I added you can disregard all that. The only reason I wrote that is because a huh combined with a controller-nonsense thing, when I was trying to help "them" seemed rude. You are not such a person. IF you see any similarities you must believe they were a coincidence only as I was not truly writing it to you, or even any one really.

May you never use a controller! bad man! lol. cheers.

look don't worry about it - a lot of guys on here are misfits anyway; it was a sure-fire pep talk to the bloke - should he have existed haha.

Its pretty clear without looking down on it too much I am way cooler as such. If I seem like a jerk its because I don't roll with the likes of that. Just trying to elevate the mans life a little.

be glad I even bothered talking to you. 30% of people doing this are in a mid life crisis mode.

__

Be that as it may, the feedback on this game is way out of hand - its like everyone is demanding, typical gamer-culture. The trouble is - I make a mistake here - but in actuality most of the issues the devs are facing, are simply not helped by the meandering "entitled" feedback I see so much of. But people do not seem to even set up the cars when claiming its 'slippery'.

An example is this wonderful Mr Blundell fellow - fine, but I posted an excellent setup applicable to this patch and now I think of it - its ignored. You couldn't do that setup a few patches ago.

But by all means- have your own agenda, never mind the game... people think I am being mean about controllers - I promise you, its for the best. If people had their way they'd probably sink the game, when the dev/lead has over 10 years experience, maybe a combined 100 years, who knows.

Last edited:
Totally agree! AMS2 has lots of personality, but it really needs better art direction and better liveries too!

Yep, that's definitely the weak spot of AMS2, the liveries are really generic and boring. I really like the game but it looks 100% better with custom made liveries. I know that this is a minor point, but this is an area where Reiza could improve a lot.

I will get to grips with this before long I swear!

I will endeavor to remain more on topic MORE of the time, than ever before.

I do not want to critisize at a time like this - at all - I just have a quibble; or rather: a consideration of general and unspecified improvement I see about the community... . The quibble is, lets be honest - the game is great - and I think we are quibbling on some things, just as a discussion point...so I am not taking a hit at the merit of these things, I just think people are quibbling about the game all over the place. The development will come, I do think. I am talking about things like liveries maybe, I don't know if fully as it does have some merit - but many things, I think some people probably just need more patience about.

but come on - a race car had a mint livery, it was fresh breath and 'wind' during the race -people must have seen it, thats one very creative green livery (v10 iirc) haha!

Should be in glass half-full mode after a joke like that haha...

Last edited:
Yep, that's definitely the weak spot of AMS2, the liveries are really generic and boring. I really like the game but it looks 100% better with custom made liveries. I know that this is a minor point, but this is an area where Reiza could improve a lot.
Agreed, it looks way better. Although the skinners do an awesome job with the skins they always do those weird custom previews and you end up with this frankenstein UI previews. It's what prevents me from using custom made liveries at the moment.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back