Automobilista 2 | Ginetta G40 Headlines V1.1.1.0 Update Release

Steve Bird

Come On Williams!
Premium
Wiltshire, UK
Since the last update I keep getting massive lockups in practice mode that last for about 4-5 seconds. This happens after a couple of laps but trashes the car. Is anybody else getting this?

Tarmac Terrorist

Paul McCaffrey
UK
Since the last update I keep getting massive lockups in practice mode that last for about 4-5 seconds. This happens after a couple of laps but trashes the car. Is anybody else getting this?
Nope, but you may wanna try recalibrating you're pedals, as this is an issue for some after and update.

well the other day crew cheif said I was flogging the engine and it would not last! that has not happened in AMS2 until this patch.

I thought it was a really good thing to hear as most other titles do such a thing - and then I drove really sedately.

Then he told me when I came last the other night (lol!) that they stayed up all night working on the car and if thats the best I could do then I needed to switch on more etc. arrrhahahahah. but he wasn't nice about it. so funny. a great program.

I have had brake lock ups in the past from a stand still. maybe calibrate and check if your wheels control panel is set to its maximum, then calibrate wheel in game, which can adjust - sometimes another title will set mine back to 400, for example. Thus it ruins the auto-set mechanism in-game(s). Or its a bug where the car gets trashed after 5 laps which has not happened to me. Just the madness engine quirk.

Last edited:
I have found this only to be true with the HUD mirror. Look at cockpit mirror, compare to HUD and you will see. I've also tested by glancing at cockpit mirror and looking back and seems spot on. Not the case for HUD which is way back.

I turn off the extra mirrors too. And I do not use the indicator of where they are. I like the idea but also 'in the spirit of immersion'.

Cockpit mirror is fine for most cars and when I want to peek in cars where I can't see it (single screen) then I press the look right/left which also doubles as a back look - and to me this is just like casting a glance in real life, its only the quickest of presses. This issue was present since 6 months ago/forever, I had forgotten about it - or just considered it a 'mirror technique' such as on a big truck, where things are elongated so you fit more into the view...like a fish-eye lens or some such...so I did not think much of it.

I'm a no hassles kind of person. In fact even ACC has some kind of mirror-bend thing, but at 100 km's hour you have well under a second to react, so its no big deal.

M/bike training - you don't see the car - then you can forget walking for the next year. Never happened to me or anything so don't mean to make light -- Its just literally a non issue for me but I see how it affects some people.

__

I think I sufficiently explained this! haha. Or actually we can say I consider all those extra mirrors a kind of hack or cheat.

Last edited:
curious, whats the mirror bending thing?

sorry for all the text I write sometimes I go skint on explanation.

I mean when they get close to the bumper of the car they kind of 'bend' forward like their bonnets/hoods are getting longer in the mirror and usually it happens most when the cars are pushing to the rear left or right side of your car. Then when they seemingly move further back, the hood shrinks. I'm sure I have seen it - so if I am wrong then I apologize.

Last edited:
curious, whats the mirror bending thing?
It's not really mirror-bending, the mirror just has a fairly high FOV, so...

PjcQ9.jpg

Impatiently wait for the February update as it will eventually target Quality of Life adjustments.
Hope they really take of each complaints in the forum serious and to be fixed issue.

Tarmac Terrorist

Paul McCaffrey
UK
sorry for all the text I write sometimes I go skint on explanation.

I mean when they get close to the bumper of the car they kind of 'bend' forward like their bonnets/hoods are getting longer in the mirror and usually it happens most when the cars are pushing to the rear left or right side of your car. Then when they seemingly move further back, the hood shrinks. I'm sure I have seen it - so if I am wrong then I apologize.
duya know what I think I know what you mean, kinda fisheye lense effect no? Thought id noticed that!

duya know what I think I know what you mean, kinda fisheye lense effect no? Thought id noticed that!

yes thats the one

It's not really mirror-bending, the mirror just has a fairly high FOV, so...

PjcQ9.jpg

haha! Aggression level 1 million. They must do it then because in actual mirrors you can look deeper and to the side, so to speak, so in the game its actually 2d (though rasterization and 3d) your screen is a 2d thing to your eye.

Cool thanks! Another mystery solved :) unless my conclusion is wrong

Last edited:
M1 Procar, Spielberg '74. AI 100, Aggression 100.

In practice session, AI rear end ramming on the straight(s); zero situational awareness, as if I wasn't there. No swerve, no stop, boom.

Rostovic

Premium
I would be to, if the shifter in the game looked like the one in your picture.
Sorry for asking but why is it such a big problem for you , for me its more important that it uses the right type of gearing.
As an example this is how its done in ac , never bothered me personaly .
Don't meen to offend you , just curious

Durge Driven

Premium
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Ginetta no lights or wipers ? can't adjust FOV and seat to mirror and it rains inside car
brakes almost as good in wet as dry, used look back as I can't adjust any mirror to see
cars behind look half sized same as I remember in pcars
aqua plane in puddles is same every time not dynamic
More broken then any rF2 car ever was