Automobilista 2 | Ginetta G40 Headlines V1.1.1.0 Update Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have today released a new build update for the Automobilista 2 racing simulation - adding a number of fixes and improvements alongside the brand-new Ginetta G40 GT5 and Cup series.
  • Ginetta G40 GT5 and Cup added.
  • Multiple UI and HUD improvements.
  • Physics, AI and audio updates.

Another sizeable build update for Automobilista 2 has dropped today, as Reiza Studios continue to work hard polishing and updating the ever improving AMS 2 racing simulation. In this latest build release, allocated the V1.1.1.0 marker, the Brazilian development team have brought another wide selection of tweaks and improvements to the title, especially around both the physics and AI within the game.

Of those physics updates it is worth particular note to see the developers have further refined the tyre drop off values for the cars within the sim, hopefully bringing tyre life behaviour within the sim closer to the values of the real world equivalents.

As well as a healthy selection of changes to the main build of the title itself, another nice feature of this update is the inclusion of the small but mighty Ginetta G40 - in both Cup and GT5 form. Known for the intense racing action it produces over in the Ginetta Junior series in the UK, the car is an absolute favourite of the younger racing driver, and should make a very welcome addition to the simulation for us of the virtual racing fancy.

You can check out the full update change log from the new build below:

V1.1.0.5 -> V1.1.1.0 CHANGELOG

CONTENT

• Added Ginetta G40 to GT5 series
  • Added Ginetta G40 Cup series

GENERAL
  • LiveTrack now maintains rubber state between sessions.on a race weekend (rather than resetting to a "green" track at the start of every session)
  • Reduced base grip from a green track & increased grip range to max grip state

UI & HUD
  • Added option for German localization
  • Fixed wrong description on 'Edit HUD' menu option
  • Adjusted size and layout of ICM strategy menu to make current strategy more readable
  • Fixed scrollbar on Start Championship list
  • Fixed incorrect heavy fog icon
  • Fixed Race sessions showing practice length on lobby detail page
  • Fixed Add session start time to lobby detail page
  • Remove stray icon from formation lap info HUD element
  • Fixed text alignment of Retired/Pit indicator on replay/spectator leaderboards
  • Added missing translations for some recently released tracks
  • Added missing Edit Hud Description, Drive layout, FFB Damping translations
  • Fixed PIT text overflowing container on HUD leaderboard in some languages
  • Fixed issue where simulate/retirement screen could become unresponsive when choosing no during exit confirmation.
  • Adjusted loading screen gradient to provide more positive feedback at lower levels
  • Added leaderboard class icon for GT40Cup, Group A, JCW, TC60

PHYSICS
  • Further differential & driveline fine tuning; further reduced crankshaft mass (reduces overall engine inertia); reduced axle shaft mass & slightly reduced wheel bearing losses (slightly increases top speed & improves differential functionality)
  • Further tire tread adjustments for all cars (generally less speed sensitivity, slightly sharper peak slip angles)
  • Revised tire grip falloff rates when under and over optimal operating temperature, & added rates to several tires that didn´t feature substantial falloff rates
  • Further revisions to rain tire compounds
  • Slightly reduced efficiency of slicks on wet surface
  • Slightly increased tire automatic preheating ratio before race starts
  • Adjusted optimal temperature ranges for carbon & steel brakes
  • Adjusted brake heating & cooling rates for all cars
  • GT3 cars now use steel brakes instead of carbon ceramic
  • Revised Kart / superkart physics (tires, driveline)
  • Fixed errors in front tire tread for Fusca Classic FL
  • Fixed error on Super V8 Hard tire compound
  • Replaced Roco tire physics to better match the one from its P3 opponents
  • Slightly adjusted F-Classic G3M1 torque curve
  • Moved default brake bias slightly rearwards for F1 cars, Porsches, P1 cars (require setup reset)
  • Minor Procar Group A, Caterham, Porsche Cup & Superkart revisions (require setup reset)
  • Minor F-V10 G1 / Mclaren MP4-12 aero corrections to front wing yaw & pitch sensivity
  • Minor adjustments to default FFB (communicates rear end better from vehicle yaw rate developing on turn in and countersteer on rear tyres sliding)
  • Improved FFB damping function: it´s now non-linear with very little effect in small /slow steering inputs, more on really fast & bigger inputs
  • Reduced effects of tire flatspots on FFB
AI
  • Added parameter to callibrate AI traction off the line on a wet surface vs player
  • Added parameter to control how far ahead AI cars factor lapped cars ahead per type of car
  • Adjusted AI performance on wet (both on slicks and wet tires), correcting some generally large discrepancies in each case
  • General AI performance callibration pass for all cars
  • Further adjustments to AI throttle application for various cars
  • Further adjustments to AI aggression scalars per car
  • Further reduced AI lateral jerkiness/weaving/abruptness
  • General AI callibration for various cars
  • Bumped AI aggression scalars, reduced AI extra awareness with human scalars to better exploit latest AI code developments & better raceability

AUDIO
  • Sprint Race: Improved off-throttle pops, further polished engine sound loops
  • Caterham Academy: Improved off-throttle pops, further polished engine sound loops

TRACKS
  • Spa: Minor art pass
  • VIR: Rebuilt collision walls to latest tandards; fixed disappearing pit guy for north pitlane layouts
  • Velo Citta: Added terrain shadow casters; minor corrections & fixes
  • Hockenheim: Reduced road mesh noise; Minor bug fixes; Updated TV cameras & added VR cameras to all layouts
  • Reduced road mesh noise for Goiania, Jerez, Velopark
  • Interlagos Historic: Minor bug fixes
  • Cascais: Reduced road mesh noise, Fixed a few LOD pop issues
  • Montreal Modern:Reduced road mesh noise; minor bug fixes
  • Brands Hatch: Reduced road mesh noise; minor bug fixes
  • Spielberg:Reduced road mesh noise, minor bug fixes
  • Adjusted drone animations & removed excessive number on some tracks

VEHICLES
  • Added 8 new Chevette skins (10 in total)
  • Added street tire tread for external model of Camaro SS, McLaren F1, Ultima GTR, Copa Fusca, Opala 79 and Opala OldStock
  • Corrected headlights effect for Mclaren F1 GTR & BMW M6 GT3
  • Fixed kart LODs to avoid visible opponents legs popping
  • Further brake glow range adjustment to better match physics heating & cooling rates
  • F301 and F309: Improved cockpit windshield glass material and rain drops
  • Sprintrace: Added boot and wing to cockpit
  • Mini: Fixed wipers not working in cockpit view; Improved cockpit carbon material
  • Further adjusted backfire parameters (less backfiring when lifting off throttle)
  • Added visible onboard brake glow for cars with visible brake discs from cockpit
  • Gol Classic B: Corrected wrong number #94 now #65; 3 teammate skins added
  • Ginetta G40 Cup / GT5 livery updates to #05 #10 #28 #32 #38
  • Porsche 991 Cup 2: Fixed small glitch in cockpit model

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 - available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know more about the sim? Got a trick or tip to share with the community? Fire up a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and share that knowledge!

AMS 2 Update 2.jpg

Last edited:
These guys don't stop. Thank you Reiza ;)

Minor silent hotfix

• Minor adjustment to tire falloff rates (slightly less when hot)
  • Minor driveline tweaks
  • Adjusted brake heating, cooling & wear rate for Sigma P1
  • Fixed gearbox type for G40 Cup, reduced brake torque, reduced default coast bias for both models
  • Reduced Puma P052 FFB max force
  • Adjusted skiptoend to avoid AI getting faster simulates times in karts
  • Reduced engine idle RPM for Procar, Group A

Minor silent hotfix

• Minor driveline tweaks
  • Fixed gearbox type for G40 Cup, reduced brake torque, reduced default coast bias for both models

Damn striaght! And it gets even better! Roadmap just popped up on steam! Im off for some bed time reading! Nope, no, sorry thats a lie, im gunna read it, get way too excited, and then be up all night driving it! Not satisfied with having no sleep themselves they've now taken mine! Damn! :)

Minor silent hotfix

• Minor driveline tweaks

thats great and its been a while since I said anything useful - but I am wondering whats the deal with the menu spring for when you want to change setup? Often are the times when you hover over a setting and it rockets in one direction then you forget exactly what number it was to start with. Menu spring in the setup menus would be a very good thing or the option to turn that on.

_

As per the tarmac terrorist video I saw earlier and my general experiences, the A.I is very much a competitor now, with 100 aggression I am using and ok - lol 88 skill, really.... ok 80 skill today... it poses a challenge and they get in your way and guard their spots fairly well. Maybe not every single car ever as I have not tried this setting as such but with many of them the A.I has become more to handle which is good.

Car basing this impression just here is the AMG gt3, and brands hatch however I have noticed this in more.

300 hours ams2 (-25% my gf plays but usually I am in the vicinity when she does), 30 acc, 70 rr.

They all feel right up there now, more rough edges in ams2. Maybe ams2 is the least 'tight' of the bunch. Like most people my usage of the titles follows the graphs posted earlier. What got pushed out for me has been AC and Rf2. Unsurprisingly they received the least updates this year and that is in spite of myself getting all the best Rf2 stuff. But I rate rf2 highly and AC mods can be cool. Its my guess that if you significantly invest in RR like I have (45 cars and all but 2 tracks [really only about 28-35 are worth driving though) you get value but the price to enter is high, but AMS2 is the winner overall I would say except on the driving model - few people will complain about shelling out for its dlc is my guess. The driving model is not quite there but they feel more substantial - to a point.

As a final check on this I will at some point lower the gain of the custom file I am using, or use more of default, to see if it retains that feel but with the lightness and scapel-like attitude of the other two titles.

This is with the amg atm which the gt3s of them I never liked and did not buy a single one in RR. Or the McLaren. It was not until the rr patches that I knew I should play that more, and same with ACC. There can be no denying, once you do 10 laps in rr or acc you begin to note the differences, and the take offs too are that much better in rr and ac. There is also a slight adjustment period.

But on a positive note the nordschleif is dramatically improved with this update and last months.

Maybe it was never possible due to investment/capital but RR should be up between AC and ACC - they seem to have botched their positioning [but importantly we see probably what they were going for in terms of increasing their uptake and widening the market space they had to play with in by being free]. They got lucky with me and my probably 180 dollars. Honestly how many people are willing to pay that much - and I note the quality now - but it does not exist in a vacuum. This can probably also be denoted historically with their switch from casual/simcade to being more realistic. Rf2 however was mismanagement, surely and a stodgy codebase.

That reiza learnt some lessons and squashed this transition down; we see rr took one further year to get known for itself before people checked it out, I actually agree with the dev update 21 is going to be a good year.

Sim racing games have limited utility in getting known for themselves, whereas a sporting team for example exists in a market where its easy to draw in more people, but I see this at a time where hardware for this genre is getting cheaper as well. Important investments happened last couple of years, so one can probably say AMS2 is safely on that new-wave of racing games. Still early stages though.

I do not like to use analogies too much - and nor am I trying to hint at anything about any one - but its ok to be rough, you know, when you are 'rough and ready'. Especially with concepts of self and entertainment options/the desire to be entertained... Its just not a great long term kind of proposition to be rough and ready for too long. Fortunately AMS2 is shaping up at a good time; and with RR I am sure this factored into them as well trying to smooth it all out - if not just as an excuse to continue developing it, but also to genuinely improve it, which we see all these titles are doing.

Last edited:
If I may make a striking statement without sounding ridiculous, have pretty much fallen in love with the Merc GT3, which sums up my overall feelings about AMS 2.

I don't understand why it seems to be the sim world vs. Assetto Corsa Competizione as if it's the benchmark for current simulations. It looks like a blurry turd, the cars largely feel the same and the performance on my humble i-5 8400/2060 super is terrible. Sorry Mr cat man I hope the sailing is going well, honestly.

If I may make a striking statement without sounding ridiculous, have pretty much fallen in love with the Merc GT3, which sums up my overall feelings about AMS 2.

I don't understand why it seems to be the sim world vs. Assetto Corsa Competizione as if it's the benchmark for current simulations. It looks like a blurry turd, the cars largely feel the same and the performance on my humble i-5 8400/2060 super is terrible. Sorry Mr cat man I hope the sailing is going well, honestly.

People say its the benchmark - and we all know how 'people' are correct.

But isn't the world of games just very strange? Euro Truck simulator 2 - 24 hour peak is almost 43,000 people.

I would rather drive the AMG, thanks. Maximum of 200 doing that

Some thing I went on about above - I did not mention at the end - that RR should have done better and only fallen off now - its always had maybe 200 players at the same time

ACC came in strong at something like 4,000 concurrent. Its first reading actually was 4098 concurrent people. Popularity is its own thing. I acknowledge acc as being great but I only played it for about 70 hours. Just like I acknowledge euro truck 2's popularity but refuse to install it.

People are full of contrasts. But how many iphones would sell if no one ever advertised it, which is expensive to do - they use some of the most expensive real estate in the world when google did the pixel lol.

It got them, hrm, about 2 million max sales. ACC had AC to springboard off. I reckon its dry. Got to examine motivations and agenda. Didn't stop me from buying all its DLC.

For months and it remains the case I would much rather drive the Rfactor2 gt3's around Road Atlanta or Leguna Seca OR Sebring than anything in ACC even if its the same track.

rf2 usage - 70 hours.... but its menu is atrocious and they put their credits at the exit page - I am no longer convinced even as I grimmace at them as I exit, they know what to do.

My euro truck 2 usage - 93 minutes haha.

Always a big difference between what people say and do. I have always maintained that Rf2 is amazing, though. No... they can't do menu's but Sebring just blows my mind. Its my guess a lot of truck drivers use UTS 2 because most of those guys wished they owned a biz full of trucks instead of driving one for someone else or to give them insight into why their boss demands they break laws, and deadlines are juicy for people to tackle, motivating, which equals fun in games and drives their competitive spirit....

as for us sim racers, we just love the thrill I am guessing. You do not see many of us wishing to be the head of a team as if this is football manager for cars. We do championships etc, but not management.

I have about 45 cars in race room and all expansions in acc, lots of AC mods and tracks (of which lately the lms audi r8 ultra at leguna seca has been a great drive; but own all expansions in that got a deal there)... lots of rfactor2 cars and packs, all tracks dlc and plenty of top mods....I must say that

the cars in AMS2 stack up really nicely.

no word of a lie. not surprised you like the amg.

Last edited:

second time i used this fine example of a post to demontrate a point. and this is by no means a detraction to him at all. just a difference of model and a misunderstanding about exactly what I was talking about.

if this was raceroom, and you paid 7 bucks a pop for a gt3 car, you would get the m6 beemer and the audi gt3 evo (since you may have other audi's that do justice elsewhere, the porsche gtr (2019 and you would have other porsches and the p4-5 competizione (the ferrarai style gt3 car from that team who did the custom or some such iirc)

I have not, however, ever been advised to get an amg nor after testing them to get one. its definitely not a bad car though. i am glad you like it and as far as ams2 goes the amg stands out. I tried it after I read that and did like it myself. But those RR cars in gt3 I just said (and there are a few others) are top of the pile and amazing in their own right and the 3 minus the audi example there (just not that audi) would be near the top in all of sim racing.

but do i think making people pay 7 bucks a pop is cool? hell no. its some of the most ridiculous farrrk -- ok I will stop there. haha. because it ultimately only serves to curb user agency by forcing a person to reasonably choose between them. financial rationalization should always be a thing no matter how much one deems it acceptable. and by then i was in refuse mode

Last edited:
Due to a shoulder injury I have not done any sim racing in a while. I just came back to AMS2, after a long hiatus, and it went from great to fantastic. Was my go to sim before, and has gotten even better. The feeling through my Accuforce is fantastic, and I seem to be able to feel the car better than ever. Was only able to race a short time before my shoulder went out, but it was worth every second of pain ;).

Last edited:
I want to play more AMS 2, but I wish it had more high powered ROAD CARS and brilliant FUN tracks like Bannochbrae, Californian Highway (PC2) and Highlands (AC). I hope Reiza realizes that a lot of simracers like to race road cars. AC and PC2 have a lot of them and those sims are still among the most popular sims.

I want to play more AMS 2, but I wish it had more high powered ROAD CARS and brilliant FUN tracks like Bannochbrae, Californian Highway (PC2) and Highlands (AC). I hope Reiza realizes that a lot of simracers like to race road cars. AC and PC2 have a lot of them and those sims are still among the most popular sims.

While I agree with you that road cars can be a lot of fun I'd assume that Reiza concentrates more on race cars and tracks in the future. Best address for road cars is still Assetto Corsa with its tons of good mods.

Straying off topic reshaderacer, let's not open a can of worms.

but I am so full of insights. duly noted though and good point

Because I recommend the super v8s at bathurst as well. these patches did wonders for that. probably one of the best combos now.

Due to a shoulder injury I have not done any sim racing in a while. I just came back to AMS2, after a long hiatus, and it went from great to fantastic. Was my go to sim before, and has gotten even better. The feeling through my Accuforce is fantastic, and I seem to be able to feel the car better than ever. Was only able to race a short time before my shoulder went out, but it was worth every second of pain ;).

you didn't miss much - every race sim lol literally got good either in june (stage one) and december/january-feb it stretched into for ams2 lot to catch up on/happened just now (stage two!)

I kid you not my friend. Did we mention 2020 was a strange year? haha the in-between - be glad you missed it :)

but jump on their forums, try the default you'll like it and maybe custom 45 is my guess for force feed back. people now do liveries on here if you're into that until your shoulder gets better

Last edited:
Why so much bashing? :cry:
Reiza is a small team making constant updates and listening to the community!

The range of cars and tracks (historic layouts is a big YES!) is getting absolutely fantastic.

It's early days so some things need to be ironed out but there is defiintive love and hard work being put in this title.
I really believe that we need to focus on giving useful feedback and be supportive of the work done by the few devs teams in this niche market.

who is bashing, mate? is it all the popularity stuff?

edit: must be; which I do not even understand. The uptake for other sims can be a long ramp.

Last edited:
The bashing about AMS2 being just another PC2 (which I really don't get, having played both).

I think its been mostly good stuff being said, almost exclusively and where not thats just peoples beef's with various other things

I think of it like this - games become pretty amazing. You can take the v8s to bathurst and do the the double-corner slide on either side of the main straight - its like fish flopping over a sand-bar haha in a channel, and any game that can do that has probably come of age and is a definite leader in some category or another.

With people, cognitively, it can take us hours, months and years (depending lol)for our denial and brains/freeze-mode snapshot things to catch up to reality. I also made sure to get the old mount panorama touring car in race room (ch7 one) - so now this reiza v8 is definitely in good company, because that thing is pretty good but the v8s just morphed along with so many things within 4 weeks...

I guess some are going through that.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes