Automobilista 2 | Ginetta G40 Headlines V1.1.1.0 Update Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have today released a new build update for the Automobilista 2 racing simulation - adding a number of fixes and improvements alongside the brand-new Ginetta G40 GT5 and Cup series.
  • Ginetta G40 GT5 and Cup added.
  • Multiple UI and HUD improvements.
  • Physics, AI and audio updates.

Another sizeable build update for Automobilista 2 has dropped today, as Reiza Studios continue to work hard polishing and updating the ever improving AMS 2 racing simulation. In this latest build release, allocated the V1.1.1.0 marker, the Brazilian development team have brought another wide selection of tweaks and improvements to the title, especially around both the physics and AI within the game.

Of those physics updates it is worth particular note to see the developers have further refined the tyre drop off values for the cars within the sim, hopefully bringing tyre life behaviour within the sim closer to the values of the real world equivalents.

As well as a healthy selection of changes to the main build of the title itself, another nice feature of this update is the inclusion of the small but mighty Ginetta G40 - in both Cup and GT5 form. Known for the intense racing action it produces over in the Ginetta Junior series in the UK, the car is an absolute favourite of the younger racing driver, and should make a very welcome addition to the simulation for us of the virtual racing fancy.

You can check out the full update change log from the new build below:

V1.1.0.5 -> V1.1.1.0 CHANGELOG

CONTENT

• Added Ginetta G40 to GT5 series
  • Added Ginetta G40 Cup series

GENERAL
  • LiveTrack now maintains rubber state between sessions.on a race weekend (rather than resetting to a "green" track at the start of every session)
  • Reduced base grip from a green track & increased grip range to max grip state

UI & HUD
  • Added option for German localization
  • Fixed wrong description on 'Edit HUD' menu option
  • Adjusted size and layout of ICM strategy menu to make current strategy more readable
  • Fixed scrollbar on Start Championship list
  • Fixed incorrect heavy fog icon
  • Fixed Race sessions showing practice length on lobby detail page
  • Fixed Add session start time to lobby detail page
  • Remove stray icon from formation lap info HUD element
  • Fixed text alignment of Retired/Pit indicator on replay/spectator leaderboards
  • Added missing translations for some recently released tracks
  • Added missing Edit Hud Description, Drive layout, FFB Damping translations
  • Fixed PIT text overflowing container on HUD leaderboard in some languages
  • Fixed issue where simulate/retirement screen could become unresponsive when choosing no during exit confirmation.
  • Adjusted loading screen gradient to provide more positive feedback at lower levels
  • Added leaderboard class icon for GT40Cup, Group A, JCW, TC60

PHYSICS
  • Further differential & driveline fine tuning; further reduced crankshaft mass (reduces overall engine inertia); reduced axle shaft mass & slightly reduced wheel bearing losses (slightly increases top speed & improves differential functionality)
  • Further tire tread adjustments for all cars (generally less speed sensitivity, slightly sharper peak slip angles)
  • Revised tire grip falloff rates when under and over optimal operating temperature, & added rates to several tires that didn´t feature substantial falloff rates
  • Further revisions to rain tire compounds
  • Slightly reduced efficiency of slicks on wet surface
  • Slightly increased tire automatic preheating ratio before race starts
  • Adjusted optimal temperature ranges for carbon & steel brakes
  • Adjusted brake heating & cooling rates for all cars
  • GT3 cars now use steel brakes instead of carbon ceramic
  • Revised Kart / superkart physics (tires, driveline)
  • Fixed errors in front tire tread for Fusca Classic FL
  • Fixed error on Super V8 Hard tire compound
  • Replaced Roco tire physics to better match the one from its P3 opponents
  • Slightly adjusted F-Classic G3M1 torque curve
  • Moved default brake bias slightly rearwards for F1 cars, Porsches, P1 cars (require setup reset)
  • Minor Procar Group A, Caterham, Porsche Cup & Superkart revisions (require setup reset)
  • Minor F-V10 G1 / Mclaren MP4-12 aero corrections to front wing yaw & pitch sensivity
  • Minor adjustments to default FFB (communicates rear end better from vehicle yaw rate developing on turn in and countersteer on rear tyres sliding)
  • Improved FFB damping function: it´s now non-linear with very little effect in small /slow steering inputs, more on really fast & bigger inputs
  • Reduced effects of tire flatspots on FFB
AI
  • Added parameter to callibrate AI traction off the line on a wet surface vs player
  • Added parameter to control how far ahead AI cars factor lapped cars ahead per type of car
  • Adjusted AI performance on wet (both on slicks and wet tires), correcting some generally large discrepancies in each case
  • General AI performance callibration pass for all cars
  • Further adjustments to AI throttle application for various cars
  • Further adjustments to AI aggression scalars per car
  • Further reduced AI lateral jerkiness/weaving/abruptness
  • General AI callibration for various cars
  • Bumped AI aggression scalars, reduced AI extra awareness with human scalars to better exploit latest AI code developments & better raceability

AUDIO
  • Sprint Race: Improved off-throttle pops, further polished engine sound loops
  • Caterham Academy: Improved off-throttle pops, further polished engine sound loops

TRACKS
  • Spa: Minor art pass
  • VIR: Rebuilt collision walls to latest tandards; fixed disappearing pit guy for north pitlane layouts
  • Velo Citta: Added terrain shadow casters; minor corrections & fixes
  • Hockenheim: Reduced road mesh noise; Minor bug fixes; Updated TV cameras & added VR cameras to all layouts
  • Reduced road mesh noise for Goiania, Jerez, Velopark
  • Interlagos Historic: Minor bug fixes
  • Cascais: Reduced road mesh noise, Fixed a few LOD pop issues
  • Montreal Modern:Reduced road mesh noise; minor bug fixes
  • Brands Hatch: Reduced road mesh noise; minor bug fixes
  • Spielberg:Reduced road mesh noise, minor bug fixes
  • Adjusted drone animations & removed excessive number on some tracks

VEHICLES
  • Added 8 new Chevette skins (10 in total)
  • Added street tire tread for external model of Camaro SS, McLaren F1, Ultima GTR, Copa Fusca, Opala 79 and Opala OldStock
  • Corrected headlights effect for Mclaren F1 GTR & BMW M6 GT3
  • Fixed kart LODs to avoid visible opponents legs popping
  • Further brake glow range adjustment to better match physics heating & cooling rates
  • F301 and F309: Improved cockpit windshield glass material and rain drops
  • Sprintrace: Added boot and wing to cockpit
  • Mini: Fixed wipers not working in cockpit view; Improved cockpit carbon material
  • Further adjusted backfire parameters (less backfiring when lifting off throttle)
  • Added visible onboard brake glow for cars with visible brake discs from cockpit
  • Gol Classic B: Corrected wrong number #94 now #65; 3 teammate skins added
  • Ginetta G40 Cup / GT5 livery updates to #05 #10 #28 #32 #38
  • Porsche 991 Cup 2: Fixed small glitch in cockpit model

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 - available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know more about the sim? Got a trick or tip to share with the community? Fire up a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and share that knowledge!

AMS 2 Update 2.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for asking but why is it such a big problem for you , for me its more important that it uses the right type of gearing.
As an example this is how its done in ac , never bothered me personaly .
Don't meen to offend you , just curious

No offence taken, actually an excellent question.
I drive exclusively in VR, which might already give you an indication, what happens in the cockpit is key to the immersion. If the car is equipped with a sequential shifter, moves like a sequential shifter and usually the animation does as well, shifting in a h pattern does not work for me.
All that said, I understand that some one else, driving from a screen where they do not see, the shifter, the shifter animation and the hand animation, is not affected the same and that aspect of immersion is not as important if even important at all.
As far as the gearing for a G40 CUP, early model had the 5 gear manual and the following one had the 6 gear sequential. So both are a valid option. But since the model Reiza used, is modelled with a sequential shifter, it seems to me it should be geared accordingly.

No worries, will be fixed in a couple of days while the ones on rF2 in a couple of years if you are lucky... don't hold your breath!

About the other oddities you wrote are just proof you are a troll here...some other titles are lacking half of such track features and you come here posting such things lol

He’s like one of those Japanese soldiers who didn’t realise WW2 was over.

He doesn’t realise that no one over the age of 8 wants these sim wars.

My Xbox 7 is waaaay better than your PS9 dooood.

Ginetta no lights or wipers ? can't adjust FOV and seat to mirror and it rains inside car
brakes almost as good in wet as dry, used look back as I can't adjust any mirror to see
cars behind look half sized same as I remember in pcars
aqua plane in puddles is same every time not dynamic
More broken then any rF2 car ever was

Well The Ginetta G55 Supercup car has both working wipers & Lights, however the GT4 version still has no working wipers. The new G40 GT5 Ginetta Has working wipers and lights, however the cup versions wipers dont work.

FOV however can be adjusted, that goes for every car in the game/software/sim. As far seat to mirror goes, seat is adjustable, mirrors are not, however there is no need to adjust mirrors either real or virtual as they always display the preferable area behind, or at least i've never needed to, in any car. You most certainly see cars behind in every senario (unless of course they are i the blind spot)

There is definately a different FOV going on with the virtual mirror, that does make cars behind look much further away from where they physically are.

I have noticed the stopping distance is virtually (see what i did there :D) the same when breaking in the dry or wet, the only difference seems to come when you lock up, it is easier to lock in the wet and once locked the car will slide further, which is pretty realistic, however they don't seem to lock any earlier when in the wet, which is strange.

The effects of Aqua plane over puddles does not produce exactly the same reaction in every senario but does'nt feel all that dynamic and does feel a bit more like a generic effect.

More broken than any RF2 car ever was..... I could explain why this is factually incorrect if you'd like, but this would then be a bit of an essay.

I love AMS2, I also love RF2

I should probably also state that AMS2, RF2 and several others also dive me completely phychotic when I identify a flaw in them, the reason for this is that there are things these sims do so damn well it gets me as high as Nun on holy water thats been spiked with acid and believes that she has assended to heaven and actually spoken to God about crochett! So when you suddenly run into any little flaw that breaks the Illusion of realism, you come crashing back down to earth like Moff on a come down having just realised someones nicked all his comfort food, its raining and he's cold.

We only bother bringing up the problems so much because we actually love these games/sims/software, if they were of no interest to us or just plain did'nt like them we would'nt bother wasting our time every 5 mins we get free to come on the forums and talk about them (well, with exception).

As an example I jumped into RF2 last night to enjoy the sublime FFB, but got so hacked off with the UI im now off to destroy something beautiful. If you see me on the news later today, please don't be surprised, its all for the the love of sims!

Ginetta no lights or wipers ? can't adjust FOV and seat to mirror and it rains inside car
brakes almost as good in wet as dry, used look back as I can't adjust any mirror to see
cars behind look half sized same as I remember in pcars
aqua plane in puddles is same every time not dynamic
More broken then any rF2 car ever was

i have to admit I do not like these ginetta's. I mean I dont mind watching people drive them etc - they are just not for me.

pcars 2 I tried earlier again and I have always had fun with it - you take that bently 8 around any track and its loads of fun. of course the grip levels in pcars 2 are just out of this world (haha) but it kind of makes for a really fun game when you push it.

ok - so point in that is when I drive those ginettas and they have problems the new ones, not the old, they seem to need for me anyway a lot more grip - which is unusual because I don't expect a ton of grip from this game for appropriate things.

I should probably also state that AMS2, RF2 and several others also dive me completely phychotic when I identify a flaw in them, the reason for this is that there are things these sims do so damn well it gets me as high as Nun on holy water thats been spiked with acid and believes that she has assended to heaven and actually spoken to God about crochett! So when you suddenly run into any little flaw that breaks the Illusion of realism, you come crashing back down to earth like Moff on a come down having just realised someones nicked all his comfort food, its raining and he's cold.

We only bother bringing up the problems so much because we actually love these games/sims/software, if they were of no interest to us or just plain did'nt like them we would'nt bother wasting our time every 5 mins we get free to come on the forums and talk about them (well, with exception).

As an example I jumped into RF2 last night to enjoy the sublime FFB, but got so hacked off with the UI im now off to destroy something beautiful. If you see me on the news later today, please don't be surprised, its all for the the love of sims!

Similarly I tried rf2 the other day, and then assetto corsa original - I made sure to stick to official cars - and I took the audi rms thing (hope I am right) around leguna seca/mazda course.

While the rf2 UI is absolutely dire (I understand the public wanted it changed) and seems like version one of a needed three, no such problems in assetto - and I found the pcars 2 interface too busy, so glad ams2 toned it down but maybe too much lets be honest.

__

Point of this introduction note is that I took that same audi in race room (similar to 2020 dtm audi or another; but I noted at the time it was the same [brain snap]) and asetto corsa was really good too, definite feel of the car was there.

None of these games are perfect, but also none of them are as horrible as many make out they are.

I do find it hard to believe that ginetta is how it should be, is all. I am just not one to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Last edited:
i have to admit I do not like these ginetta's. I mean I dont mind watching people drive them etc - they are just not for me.

pcars 2 I tried earlier again and I have always had fun with it - you take that bently 8 around any track and its loads of fun. of course the grip levels in pcars 2 are just out of this world (haha) but it kind of makes for a really fun game when you push it.

ok - so point in that is when I drive those ginettas and they have problems the new ones, not the old, they seem to need for me anyway a lot more grip - which is unusual because I don't expect a ton of grip from this game for appropriate things.

Similarly I tried rf2 the other day, and then assetto corsa original - I made sure to stick to official cars - and I took the audi rms thing (hope I am right) around leguna seca/mazda course.

While the rf2 UI is absolutely dire (I understand the public wanted it changed) and seems like version one of a needed three, no such problems in assetto - and I found the pcars 2 interface too busy, so glad ams2 toned it down but maybe too much lets be honest.

__

Point of this introduction note is that I took that same audi in race room (similar to 2020 dtm audi or another; but I noted at the time it was the same [brain snap]) and asetto corsa was really good too, definite feel of the car was there.

None of these games are perfect, but also none of them are as horrible as many make out they are.

I do find it hard to believe that ginetta is how it should be, is all. I am just not one to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Oh I do find the Ginetta has the kinda grip levels id expect from a car like this and I absoloutely love the way it drives, that being said ive never driven one and ive never been to Oulton Park, but when i watch the G40 cornering at Shell Oil hairpin there on the TV and compare it to the replay footage of the same car in the sim the speeds look pretty much the same. The closest i can relate it to any RL experience is taking my mates BMW Mini Cooper S around a coner with a slightly less intense radius on the Norfolk roads here (which also is not a full hairpin just a left hander, but radius if it carried on would be similar), at just under 50) mph the tires (fat ones) were scrubbing, basically at limit.. So in the sim, its a slightly tighter full on hairpin so the corner carrys on and im doing that at a steady 50mph (dropping to at least about 46 dead on apex, it feels to me like a realistic level of grip. But thats my inerpretation, Plus so many things come into play when interpreting the feeling of how fast your actually going. FOV, creen width, VR, even sound, so who knows. What we need is a Ginetta driver who actually races at said track to perk and say, "well actually".

Anyway its not everyones cuppa tea, guess it suits me cause I quite like the lower powered manual tin tops, plus (as im reminded of every time i jump on a server with Nemesis69), I aint all that. Damn that cats fast!

Oh I do find the Ginetta has the kinda grip levels id expect from a car like this and I absoloutely love the way it drives, that being said ive never driven one and ive never been to Oulton Park, but when i watch the G40 cornering at Shell Oil hairpin there on the TV and compare it to the replay footage of the same car in the sim the speeds look pretty much the same. The closest i can relate it to any RL experience is taking my mates BMW Mini Cooper S around a coner with a slightly less intense radius on the Norfolk roads here (which also is not a full hairpin just a left hander, but radius if it carried on would be similar), at just under 50) mph the tires (fat ones) were scrubbing, basically at limit.. So in the sim, its a slightly tighter full on hairpin so the corner carrys on and im doing that at a steady 50mph (dropping to at least about 46 dead on apex, it feels to me like a realistic level of grip. But thats my inerpretation, Plus so many things come into play when interpreting the feeling of how fast your actually going. FOV, creen width, VR, even sound, so who knows. What we need is a Ginetta driver who actually races at said track to perk and say, "well actually".

Anyway its not everyones cuppa tea, guess it suits me cause I quite like the lower powered manual tin tops, plus (as im reminded of every time i jump on a server with Nemesis69), I aint all that. Damn that cats fast!

ok thanks for your thoughts; never seen it before this week myself. the car sounds like a blast to drive and can't really get into too much trouble which would make for a great focus on racing.

Its probably going to be an online favourite. For myself I do not mind the lower powered options at all, I have chosen such to drive extensively in various sims the past few months, but as of now I can't fully get the hang of it. Now you mention it I do see its potential.

well I came back here with a very important message before I saw this post.

And that was on the topic of ginetta's: the g58 in the P1 class is a totally transformed car to my memory in this patch and probably a must drive as much as the new cars. I just took it round imola and if people are not driving that at some point they are missing out - and the setup was not difficult to adjust or nothing as has become common place. Its easy to drive as well and sharp.

Its not my intent to take the focus off the new ginetta's - just may be if the patch had a name it might be the "Ginetta" patch.

What was interesting is in raceroom (nothing like a bit of cross polination in discussion to massage the raceroom crowd toward ams2) the radical is a sweet machine and I actually liken it to the g58. You can't go wrong. Ok, so the tin top is at the other end of the spectrum but its much the same if one can get the hang of it/set it up right...and on a few tracks in my testing I did have at least some luck with its linear fueling being a highlight unlike something like the v12 which is insanity (fun after a different fashion; did bring it to a good setup in the end).

The stress levels to successfully drive the v12 versus the new ginetta and p1 car is bonkers in a good way. Something about variety spice of life, variation.

Last edited:
And that was on the topic of ginetta's: the g58 in the P1 class is a totally transformed car to my memory in this patch and probably a must drive as much as the new cars
Oh mate, i just recently discovered that car, it came out ages ago with an update and some other cars and I meant to try them all but for some reason got distracted and forgot about the Ginetta, when i found it the other week I thought damn, better give it a go. Man its great!

Oh mate, i just recently discovered that car, it came out ages ago with an update and some other cars and I meant to try them all but for some reason got distracted and forgot about the Ginetta, when i found it the other week I thought damn, better give it a go. Man its great!

pretty much what happened to myself. quickly building a big list of cars which are toward the top of sim-entertainment. not sure about full reality, but a lot of the cars in AMS2 are rising to the top of the pile for engagement and character or enjoyment. which is my general impression, not to put any other game down.

Does anyone else feel that the lock-up/skidding sound comes on “improperly” when braking in the new G40? I quoted “improperly” because I’m not necessarily accusing it of being outright wrong but it certainly just feels “not right” to me. I swear I often get the lock-up/skidding sound at only a quarter or a third brake pedal travel. It reminds me of the way several cars behaved in the early days of the game.

Does anyone else feel that the lock-up/skidding sound comes on “improperly” when braking in the new G40? I quoted “improperly” because I’m not necessarily accusing it of being outright wrong but it certainly just feels “not right” to me. I swear I often get the lock-up/skidding sound at only a quarter or a third brake pedal travel. It reminds me of the way several cars behaved in the early days of the game.

Same here, seems to be only the sound and not actually locking up

No offence taken, actually an excellent question.
I drive exclusively in VR, which might already give you an indication, what happens in the cockpit is key to the immersion. If the car is equipped with a sequential shifter, moves like a sequential shifter and usually the animation does as well, shifting in a h pattern does not work for me.
All that said, I understand that some one else, driving from a screen where they do not see, the shifter, the shifter animation and the hand animation, is not affected the same and that aspect of immersion is not as important if even important at all.
As far as the gearing for a G40 CUP, early model had the 5 gear manual and the following one had the 6 gear sequential. So both are a valid option. But since the model Reiza used, is modelled with a sequential shifter, it seems to me it should be geared accordingly.

They used the 2013 pcars 2 model of the G40 junior this is sequential.

I think the confusion is the G40 split into 3 tiers from 2.

From 2011-2014 & you could enter a G40 race version into the gt5 challenge it was 5 speed manual-2011-2012 then to 6 speed seq 2013> (this is now what the GT5 is in AMS2 I believe)

There are currently 3 models in

Junior seq 6 100bhp races in the Ginetta Junior Championship

GRDC came out in 2014 that can be raced in the GRDC cup race & then i think in 2020 the cup version same car with slicks. These are both Manual 5 speed always been the case.

GT5 seq 6 155bhp races in gt5 challenge

I guess Reiza have given us a bit more variety going wit the cup car along with the gt5 & i would personally rather have that than the junior sequential if not all 3 versions.

I'm not sure what year the cup & GT5 version is supposed to be though if its the 2021 version the power & weight is wrong.

But isn't the world of games just very strange? Euro Truck simulator 2 - 24 hour peak is almost 43,000 people.

I would rather drive the AMG, thanks. Maximum of 200 doing that

ETS2 isn't a like-for-like comparison - it is more of a game. All those players will have put time in exploring so they can buy new trucks and trailers, customise them, hire staff to watch their company grow, etc.

If you're not good enough to be competitive online or on leaderboards it can make sims feel a bit sterlie - there's no gameplay offering challenge or reward.

Last edited:
Automobilista 2 V1.1.1.1 is now live - this is a hotfix to complement our latest release with some further improvements & corrections.

V1.1.1.1 CHANGELOG

GENERAL
  • Reverted track base grip & range to pre v1.1.1.0 values (corrects Time Trial grip levels being slightly lower in the last release)
  • Track rubber state is now reset if session starts wet
  • Fixed race length being overwritten by active session length when sending MP Lobby data
  • Removed redundant / pre-release folders for livery overries
  • Fixed AI being limited to host´s car class in servers with high player:ai ratios.
UI & HUD
  • Fixed incorrect drive axle data on session on loading screen
  • Minor German localization adjustments
PHYSICS & FFB
  • Various minor default differential & suspension adjustments for all cars (setup reset recommended)
  • Slightly raised brake cooling rates
  • Reduced slick water dissipation further reduces slick efficiency on a wet track)
  • Increased drafting air scale (slightly increases drafting effects for all cars)
  • Raised F-Reiza FFB max force scale
AI
  • Fixed bug causing AI to be excessively slow in first session of a race weekend
  • Further fine tuning of aggression scalars per car
  • Further AI performance callibration passes
  • Further AI rain performance callibration with both wet & slicks
  • Reduced ARC Camaro AI CoG height to minimise chances of it rolling over high curbs
  • Added corner-specific AI performance adjustments: +10% exit of T8 @ Adelaide Modern; +5% exit of second last & last corners @ Spielberg GP; +10% Exit of Stowe @ Silverstone 91 +10% Entry of Luffield1 @silverstone 91 +10% Exit of chicane @ Silvestone 75; -10% Exit of Luffield @ Silverstone Modern; +10% Exit of Oak Tree hairpin & exit of final corner at VIR Full / Grand +10% Radillon & -5% Exit of Stavelot @ Spa
AUDIO
  • Fixed missing gearbox grinding sound for some manual cars that were missing it
TRACKS
  • Nurburgring: Minor art & functionality pass
  • Imola: Minor art & functionality pass; revised AI paths & trackside cameras
  • Goiania: Updated AI paths
  • Spa-Francorchamps: Added DRS boards at detection & activation points
  • More drones moves/removed at various tracks
VEHICLES
  • F-Vintage Gen 1&2: Added dirt / scratch map
  • Brabham BT26: Added dirt / scratch map; fixed rear wing livery overlap
  • Puma GTE: Added 3 new liveries
  • Ginetta G40 Cup: Updated liveries #10 #20
  • ARC Camaro: adjusted driver position, edited the cockpit to have more room for the driver feet, detached cockpit gear shifter

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back