Auto24ring, Estonia

Tracks Auto24ring, Estonia v2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Can you race with ai here? I set up a nice little track day but all the ai drove straight through the pit wall and some rolled over but some started doing laps?
Could you not open the gate for the short pit exit too?

Track is really cool, definitely better than previous mod that was out here, almost everything is as should be , except those sequence of corners after second straight , as there are no elevation changes and two left handers are not cambered. Overall track is really nice , thumbs up to those who made it :)

If creator of the this mod will fix minor issues, that will be surely the one of the best mods out here ,

Cheers

Good job! Congratulations and Thank you!

Things to consider for future release:
1. Same point as Fliugerrr says - no camber on two lefthanders after second straight (sequence right-left-left).
2. No elevation change and track profile just before the same sequence (the track is going down if an early turn-in is missed forming kind of negative camber; track surfacew is profiled as an upside letter "U", meaning the center is quite elevated compared to sides of the track).
3. A dip on the right side of the corner entering start-finish straight is missing. It is not clearly seen on the track but felt very well while exiting corner (at least with RWD cars if you accelerate hard before this dip you get caught in very deep oversteering).
4. Minor - An outside of the first steep lefthander has concrete extension on the grass, as well as outside kerbs in the corner after the back straight and entering start-finish straight also has concrete extensions which are widely used by some drivers.
5. Minor - An inside of the first righthander (close to the wall after start-finish line) is usually very slippery.
6. Flickering billboards, etc. as mentioned allready.

Best regards and all the best in your hard work!

Can you race with ai here? I set up a nice little track day but all the ai drove straight through the pit wall and some rolled over but some started doing laps?
Could you not open the gate for the short pit exit too?
Yes you can race AI there. For example the track trailer is filmed partially during race.

The gate for the short pit exit is actually "non-collidable" object, so you can just drive through it. It was originally meant for me as a developer to quicly get to track and testing, but then I left it in for the final release as an easter egg.

Track is really cool, definitely better than previous mod that was out here, almost everything is as should be , except those sequence of corners after second straight , as there are no elevation changes and two left handers are not cambered.
Things to consider for future release:
1. Same point as Fliugerrr says - no camber on two lefthanders after second straight (sequence right-left-left).
2. No elevation change and track profile just before the same sequence ...
Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately I haven't yet had a chance to drive there myself, and it's difficult to understand all the small camber and elevation changes on track from videos. My LIDAR data also wasn't probably as accurate to simulate those things. Maybe when there's newer version of LIDAR data available (every other year or so Estonian Land Board releases new versions) I can try to improve those areas on track.

Yes you can race AI there. For example the track trailer is filmed partially during race.

The gate for the short pit exit is actually "non-collidable" object, so you can just drive through it. It was originally meant for me as a developer to quicly get to track and testing, but then I left it in for the final release as an easter egg.
Yeah I noticed it’s non collidable I use it to get out faster but would be nicer IMO to have the gate lifted, but really it doesn’t matter!
My ai just drove straight over the pit wall and out onto the main straight, but I had a race weekend set up with 30 min qualifying before race maybe that messed them up..

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately I haven't yet had a chance to drive there myself, and it's difficult to understand all the small camber and elevation changes on track from videos. My LIDAR data also wasn't probably as accurate to simulate those things. Maybe when there's newer version of LIDAR data available (every other year or so Estonian Land Board releases new versions) I can try to improve those areas on track.

I would say the main priority is to improve those cambers on the right-left-left sequence - the camber is pretty significant and it was quite OK in the version of the ring that was out there for some time (nevertheless there was number of other wrong things there ;) ). In this video:
the elevations can be seen quite well (e.g. at 2:03)

Not your system's fault, but rather my modelling. I created those billboards as very thin box objects (sweeping box profile along spline), unfortunately game engine get's confused about it and can't decide which face of the object to display, and causes flickering. I'm going to fix that issue in future update.

Any chance at a fix for the flickering ?
Still enjoying the track though. ;)

There's an update v1.1 coming in a week or two, which also addresses billboards flickering in several places and some other tweaks based on the feedback given. :)
@mcarno :
Keen to try out the flicker-free version of this great track. Do you still have plans to release this update?

Last edited:
mcarno updated Auto24ring, Estonia with a new update entry:

Removed most flicker, improved corner cambers, added pit limiter

Changelog version 1.1

- removed/reduced flicker from billboards around the track
- added realistic steeper camber to the corners after the second straight
- little elevation/camber changes also elsewhere on the track
- added pit limiter in the pits
- created better collision object around pit wall
- rotated pitboxes 90° to the pitlane direction
- opened the left pit exit for faster track access
(although it's not officially used, thus AI won't use it)
- added corner names in sections.ini...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back