Auto24ring, Estonia

Tracks Auto24ring, Estonia v2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
The first time it also didn't work for me, installed with Content Manager. I got the track to work, by using Winrar to extract the track and then copied it to the track folder. Now it works.
Since people say the log says something is missing, it could be the way that Winzip/7zip or winrar compress and/or extract/decompress files. So since it is a rar file, try to use winrar.

Last edited:
The first time it also didn't work for me, installed with Content Manager. I got the track to work, by using Winrar to extract the track and then copied it to the track folder. Now it works.
Since people say the log says something is missing, it could be the way that Winzip/7zip or winrar compress and/or extract/decompress files. So since it is a rar file, try to use winrar.

I always extract the files and install them manually in the folder structure of Assetto (I never used the "drag and drop archive" method of Content Manager to install content). But I'm using 7zip, not Winrar. I will probably try this afternoon to use Winrar instead of 7zip to see if something changes, but what I don't get is that I've been extracting lots of other RAR archives with 7zip for Assetto until now and I've never had this problem before. My 7zip is up to date, but could it be that the version of Winrar used by the uploader of the track is either too old or too new, thus somehow being recognized correctly only by Winrar and not other programs ? Does anyone here have the track working using 7zip ?

Last edited:
I always extract the files and install them manually in the folder structure of Assetto (I never used the "drag and drop archive" method of Content Manager to install content). But I'm using 7zip, not Winrar. I will probably try this afternoon to use Winrar instead of 7zip to see if something changes, but what I don't get is that I've been extracting lots of other RAR archives with 7zip for Assetto until now and I've never had this problem before. My 7zip is up to date, but could it be that the version of Winrar used by the uploader of the track is either too old or too new, thus somehow being recognized correctly only by Winrar and not other programs ? Does anyone here have the track working using 7zip ?
I just dragged and dropped using Content Manager and selected 'clean installation'. Worked seamlessly.

Just curious why you don't use this method? It's so quick and simple, and has worked faultlessly for me with hundreds of mods.

I just dragged and dropped using Content Manager and selected 'clean installation'. Worked seamlessly.

Hmm. I will try this first then.

Mascot said:
Just curious why you don't use this method? It's so quick and simple, and has worked faultlessly for me with hundreds of mods.

Sometimes it takes time for me to use new things, especially if I have no problems. "If something's not broken..."

So I've re-downloaded the track, installed Winrar for the occasion, and nothing works :

- Fails to load when extracted with 7-zip
- Fails to load when extracted with Winrar
- Fails to load when installed via "drag and drop zipped archive" in Content Manager

:(

But as a sidenote thanks to Mascot I'll probably use the CM function for mods now.

are you trying Practice mode? that usually works, at what stage does it fail? please go to my documents/assetto corsa/logs and upload log.txt or share the final part of the text or search for Error or something

I'm always starting with practice when downloading a new track ; didn't work.

For the log, here you go :

-----------END RACE INI-----------
[SESSION_0] TYPE: 1
[SESSION_0] DURATION_MINUTES: 0
Creating physics track: auto24ring []
ADDED TRACK SKIN OVERRIDE: default
LOADING MODEL content/tracks/auto24ring/auto24ring.kn5
VERSION=6
Loading 90 textures
ERROR: D3DX11CreateShaderResourceViewFromMemory failed

(Which is the same error reported in page 3 of the thread)

Last edited:
Code:
VERSION=6
Loading 90 textures

CRASH in:
OS-Version: 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1) 0x100-0x1
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\kgl\dx11\kgltexture.cpp (183): KGLTexture::initSize
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\kgl\dx11\kgltexture.cpp (107): KGLTexture::KGLTexture
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\kunossim\texture.cpp (64): Texture::Texture
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\kunossim\resourcestore.cpp (74): ResourceStore::getTextureFromBuffer
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\kunossim\kn5io.cpp (808): KN5IO::loadTexture
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 000007FEDAA5BB02)
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 000007FEDAA5BB02)
same here, not loading. Its all good dds so no running out of memory.
are you using any special character in filenames maybe? Just noticed that you have spaces in texture file names which is also adviced against (better use a _) and in general filenames in your mother tongue. Any stuff like ü,ä, ö, , ß, é, è or similar in it?

edit: tho the Ortofoto 2015 Maapind MASK.dds has a rather weird size for a dds, its not in the power of 2 format a dds normally is, 1024, 2048, 4096 etc (its 5400 x 4340)

vylgpIc.jpg

works fine on my side though it eats 4.4gb of ram, compared to 3gb nordschleife. some tracks are really bad optimized!

gtx 1060, win 10 - works fine
gtx 970 , win 7 - fails to load track

Error:
Code:
VERSION=6
Loading 90 textures

CRASH in:
OS-Version: 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1) 0x100-0x1
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\kgl\dx11\kgltexture.cpp (183): KGLTexture::initSize
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\kgl\dx11\kgltexture.cpp (107): KGLTexture::KGLTexture
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\kunossim\texture.cpp (64): Texture::Texture
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\kunossim\resourcestore.cpp (74): ResourceStore::getTextureFromBuffer
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\kunossim\kn5io.cpp (808): KN5IO::loadTexture
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\kunossim\kn5io.cpp (582): KN5IO::loadMaterialsBinary
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\kunossim\kn5io.cpp (213): KN5IO::load
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\kunossim\model.cpp (32): Model::load
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\trackavatar.cpp (406): TrackAvatar::init3D
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\trackavatar.cpp (59): TrackAvatar::TrackAvatar
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\sim.cpp (1066): Sim::loadTrack
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\racemanager.cpp (351): RaceManager::initOffline
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\racemanager.cpp (174): RaceManager::loadSessions
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\sim.cpp (320): Sim::Sim
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\splashscreen.cpp (319): SplashScreen::postRender
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\ksgame\game.cpp (181): Game::onIdle
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\ksgame\game.cpp (210): Game::run
d:\dev\dev_pc_master_race\acs\acs.cpp (477): wWinMain
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c (618): __tmainCRTStartup
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00000000770A652D)
00000000770A652D (kernel32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00000000772DC521)
00000000772DC521 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart

mcarno updated Auto24ring, Estonia with a new update entry:

Fixed texture load error

Version 1.2 changelog:
- fixed corrupt wood texture dds files, which should fix track load errors (thanks RowanZa for the hint)
- new and faster AI driving line (thanks LiquidSkyMan)
- Time Attack is now available to drive! (thanks LiquidSkyMan)
- optimized track UI + updated info file (thanks LiquidSkyMan)
- in-game map more zoomed out (thanks...

Read the rest of this update entry...

could you tell us how exactly the textures were corrupted, so that we can prevent this in our projects?
I don't know exactly what was wrong with the DDS format, but when I opened it in Photoshop, it was pitch black, instead of wood.
So I just opened the original wood JPG texture and saved it again to DDS (DXT1). And that did it.
It's crazy to think how this minuscule thing caused my track to not work for so many people, so hopefully it's a good lesson to other modders out there as well. :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 3 5.7%