Auto24ring, Estonia

Tracks Auto24ring, Estonia v2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello,

I recommend reading following article to reduce the unusually high DIP (draw call) number (seen in "render stats" window) in your race track :

auto24ringDIP.PNG
bikerniekiDIP.PNG

I am comparing your track to bikernieki - not a particularly well optimized race track either :)
auto24ring on the left vs bikernieki on the right.

What I did to bring the draw-call number down - merge stuff together before exporting, especially trees and grass, posts, fences and smaller objects. I suggest grouping them into track sections, so frustum culling can do its job too.

Top track otherwise, nice to see quality progress since the first release!

Did anyone manage to solve the problem of high DIP number? I would really love to race on this track already.
I have made a massively optimized version. Visually looks the same, except I fixed flickering billboards and 3D grass looks a bit better.
DIP`s rarely go above 2k now.

If @mcarno allows this, here is a link:

I have made a massively optimized version. Visually looks the same, except I fixed flickering billboards and 3D grass looks a bit better.
DIP`s rarely go above 2k now.

If @mcarno allows this, here is a link:
Once again, thank you for your work, the track works perfectly and I finally could complete a race weekend on it!

I checked your profile and downloaded Bikerniki, which turned out to be an amazing track as well, so double thanks to you and your great work! :)

The problem was being caused by the DirectX12 API and Micro$oft's infinite wisdom of not making the way DirectX12 handles odd DDS texture sizes backwards compatible with DirectX11 on Windows 7 64bit machines.

Nice update! Was the paddock walled off for CPU optimization? Maybe could have closed the gates then as well, I got quite a scare trying to come back through the parking lot gate

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies