Assetto Corsa Wet Mod by A.Fracasso

Misc Assetto Corsa Wet Mod by A.Fracasso 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
If its any consolation I have the same issue. Tracks do not look wet, only a grey streaky colour with some of the grey panning out in front of the car as you drive.

I have the 'wet' button pushed and get every conceivable weather pattern, but no wet look or puddles like Ive seen on some clips

If its any consolation I have the same issue. Tracks do not look wet, only a grey streaky colour with some of the grey panning out in front of the car as you drive.

I have the 'wet' button pushed and get every conceivable weather pattern, but no wet look or puddles like Ive seen on some clips
Exatly this , just grey streaky colour. Would love it to look like the videos :)

The wet green button works only on some few tracks, like for example the Daytona Road Course Night track below.

3NqWGgp.jpg

Wet enabled.

T8MZO0d.jpg

Wet disabled.

And the Fracasso wet mod works ok for me. Below on Kunos Brands.

NIpByv6.jpg

Exatly this , just grey streaky colour. Would love it to look like the videos :)

On my computer, this mod fully works if I run AC in 32-bit, thus losing the shaders patch (it isn''t compatible with 32-bit). Still getting some problems like the mud spray.

Running fully clean AC installation with Sol 1.2 Alpha 10.1 and Shaders Patch 0.1.25 Preview 127.

Last edited:
On my computer, this mod fully works if I run AC in 32-bit, thus losing the shaders patch (it isn''t compatible with 32-bit). Still getting some problems like the mud spray.

Running fully clean AC installation with Sol 1.2 Alpha 10.1 and Shaders Patch 0.1.25 Preview 127.
oh right, glad its not just me then. But a shame all the same. Wonder why it works for some and not others?

oh right, glad its not just me then. But a shame all the same. Wonder why it works for some and not others?

Somehow I managed to get it work: reinstalled AC and CM, unchecked the 32-bit mode and installed the mod (dragged the wet mod folder to the mods folder (JSGME-like function)) and it worked. Then I installed Shaders Patch and Sol. The mod still works, but the lightning is brighter and sometimes doesn't show the water puddles clearly (capitain obvious here :rolleyes:).

yVNLaNH.jpg

B6Vlymf.jpg
Still I can't disable the mud spray when I select Rain (Sol), but it doesn't happen with the stock tracks.
URDjkV1.jpg

Yk0jh2Y.jpg

Last edited:
Also, I finally got it working now! @Greame Champion :D

1. Uninstalled AC and CM entirely (deleted also all the folders inside User\Documents\Assetto Corsa and User\AppData\AcTools Content Manager).
2. Installed all the Visual C++ Runtimes (it needs only the 2015 for the shaders patch work, but why not install every version at once?). Installed also the .NET Framework 3.5.
3. Installed AC again, started it with the original launcher, played a little. (To install all the missing things and create the Assetto Corsa folder into Documents).
4. Installed CM and all the plugins.
5. Installed all the mods into Assetto Corsa\mods folder and activated at the following order: 1st Custom Shaders (0.1.25-preview129), 2nd Sol (1.2), 3rd Wet Mod and TK's Smoke Mod at last.
6. Installed all the Tracks VAO and Tracks Config (Settings/Custom Shaders Patch at CM).
7. Tested with a Wet Track and Rain weather. It works!

screenshot_lotus_evord7jz2.jpg

After that, I edited the json file to change the description (I have also the OSRW mods) and i got the weird mud spray back. Deleted the mod, installed the zip files again and it worked. :O_o:

Last edited:
My car is dirt as hell after 10m. How to disable it?
That's part of the AC feature. The wet mod changes the dirt state of the different track sections. Now as it is dirty, it is possible to modify the dirt particles, to look like water spray, BUT it's not possible for now to prevent the car from getting dirty.

I have enabled the mod but I don't see any option related to rain nor track changes. How it works?

Edit: ok made it work. excellent mod, both for graphics and physics. Way to go, GRAZIE A.Fracasso.

Last edited:
first and foremost thank you for this great mod.. I got it installed and running great. But i noticed that the texture resolution of the road surface is pretty low res. Is that normal or did i do something wrong. When i select the regular version of the tracks the road surface looks normal again.

Hi,

using the supplied file "extension\config\tracks\ks_nordschleife.ini" results in the following visual artifact when used with SOL:
artifact.jpg

Deleting said file solves this issue:
no artifact.jpg

Although i guess it probably alters the view of the track?

Tested with shaders lights patch 0.1.25.185 and SOL 1.3.1

If you got no reflections on the road with Silverstone International and National Wet, copy those 2 files in the track folder /content/tracks/ks_silverstone/ and overwrite the files.
@Albs there were some order bugs in the model inis.

Attachments

• models_international_wet.ini
    658 bytes · Views: 153
  • models_national_wet.ini
    609 bytes · Views: 159
Have any of you run into troubles with Wet Mod in combination with RSR Live Timing? When driving a wet track RSR instantly invalidates the lap upon crossing the start/finishline. Without Wet Mod or when driving a non-wet ('standard') track RSR works fine. Does Wet Mod delete all track boundaries?

RSR invalidates a lap if dirt or spray is generated by all 4 wheels at once. I tried to add a rivulet of water running across a track I was working on, but the RSR app thought the spray generated by the water meant I had run off the track, so scrapped the lap every time :(

Last edited:
Ok it works but now i cant get it to stop, disabled the mod en deleted it and its still raining and i cant change weather with sol anymore.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back