Assetto Corsa Wet Mod by A.Fracasso

Misc Assetto Corsa Wet Mod by A.Fracasso 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
EDIT: RTFM strikes back. Just do as the included instruction clearly states: In game use the audio app and lower the dirt noise to 3 or 2. Lowering to 0 obviously turns it off. So yeah, just read the f...g manual :rolleyes:

-----------------------------

Just a small observation and hopefully to help out a fellow sound-junkie like myself :)

I was confused for a while since with some wet tracks there's a sound that resembles the sound of gravel stuck to the tires (for instance after you've gone off the track). My guess is that this is to create a sort of a rain sound.

What bothered me was that at some wet tracks, for instance at Brands Hatch Indy, the sound is missing. At the tracks were it's present it is a bit loud for my taste and gets annoying after a while. I tried to lower the surfaces sound slider all the way back to no avail.

Without knowing at all what i was looking for, I dug into the track files to see if i could get my head around it and here's what i found. I'm using the Brands Hatch GP wet track as an example.

In the folder ...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\ks_brands_hatch\gp_wet\data there's a file called surfaces.ini where you can adjust this by editing the lines starting with DIRT_ADDITIVE. There's a line for each surface (0-10). Without knowing what the different surfaces represent in the track i just copied the values from the Brands Hatch Indy wet version and voila!

Now off to find some proper adjustments to suit my ears :geek:

Last edited:
Guys I have a problem with the Wet version of Feldbergring: the asphalt doesn't support cars that hover in a pindaric flight. As Albs suggested, I tried to uninstall and reinstall both the original circuit (Feldbergring v1.4) and the Wet version, both with the Wet Mod 2.0 and the Wet Mod (I don't know the version) that I found in the .rar file of the wet circuit, without changing anything. I can only say that I am currently using the latest versions of ShaderLightPatch and Sol. A suggestion to solve my problem?

Guys I have a problem with the Wet version of Feldbergring: the asphalt doesn't support cars that hover in a pindaric flight. As Albs suggested, I tried to uninstall and reinstall both the original circuit (Feldbergring v1.4) and the Wet version, both with the Wet Mod 2.0 and the Wet Mod (I don't know the version) that I found in the .rar file of the wet circuit, without changing anything. I can only say that I am currently using the latest versions of ShaderLightPatch and Sol. A suggestion to solve my problem?

I solved the problem. In the "Feldbergring Wet" circuit folder there is a file called "models_feldberg_wet.ini". At the vice [MODEL_1] the first string says "FILE = physics3.kn5". This .kn5 file does not exist, so I changed the string and wrote "FILE = physics4.kn5". This .kn5 file is contained in the original circuit folder "feldbergring_v1.4". After the modification I entered the track and the miracle was accomplished: now to drive on this circuit I don't need wings anymore but I can do it with any car. A heartfelt thanks and heartfelt congratulations to you all who have created this spectacular circuit, one of the best ADD for AC in circulation.

Correct - I changed the filename for the physics mesh from physics3.kn5 to physics4.kn5. There were a couple of holes in the original mesh and thought it safer to use a different filename for the corrected physics mesh.

So I've tried using this mod together with the Shaders patch and Sol mod. The Wet Mod tracks go together really well with the rainy weathers from Sol. I am also using Deems winter and snow track skin packs to get the winter look.
However I have a problem with the wet version of the Nordschleife. Applying Deem's snow surface skin to the track surface, it does not actually get applied, I just get the wet asphalt track skin from your mod. I have tried other wet tracks from your mod like Spa and Red Bull Ring and applied Deem's snow surface skin to those track, and it works perfectly. The issue seems to be only with Nordschleife, where the "wet asphalt" skin of your mod seems to override the snow surface skin from Deem's snow track pack.
Is the wet Nordschleife somehow different than the other wet tracks in your mod, in a way that prevents track surface skins being applied to it?

I absolutely love your mod however, I have found a bug. I'm using shaders patch and Sol. This combination works fine on all tracks except Laguna Seca, when driving with Sol's rain weather I have brown dirt smoke inside of the water spray (see screenshot). Also I noticed the cars become dirty (on all tracks), is there a way to disable the dirt on cars? Maybe a Content Manager option I missed?

Attachments

• 20190320203707_1.jpg
    20190320203707_1.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 396
I think Ive got this all sorted no and a big thanks to all those involved in the development. Just a couple of queries if someone could help me.

When in wet track mode, say for Spa, the road surface appears to pan out just in front of the car. Its just a slightly lighter colour and appears to be in stripes.

Also, travelling around the circuits, even with just light rain set, the sound of the rain is quite high. It also fluctuates getting louder at the same points on the track.

Any suggestions for both?

Hi ,
I do not seem to have the Rain app listed in content manager, does anyone know why. Sol is installed and shader patch. I have also installed wet mod but do not see any puddles on track. Please can I get some help.
Cheers greame

Hi ,
I do not seem to have the Rain app listed in content manager, does anyone know why. Sol is installed and shader patch. I have also installed wet mod but do not see any puddles on track. Please can I get some help.
Cheers greame

What "Rain app" do you mean?
The Wet mod isn't an app. If you install it using Content Manager, you should see it in Content/Mods. If you find it there, enable it (it is recommended to enable it before enabling Shaders patch and Sol).

After doing this, you should see that a "Wet" layout has been added to some tracks (most Kunos tracks and a few mod tracks).

What "Rain app" do you mean?
The Wet mod isn't an app. If you install it using Content Manager, you should see it in Content/Mods. If you find it there, enable it (it is recommended to enable it before enabling Shaders patch and Sol).

After doing this, you should see that a "Wet" layout has been added to some tracks (most Kunos tracks and a few mod tracks).
Hi the problem is that the tracks do not look wet, so I must be doing something wrong.
Do I use Sol as the PP filter or something else?
Thanks for your help.
Greame

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%