Assetto Corsa: Ferrari SF15-T 'Red Pack' Trailer

Chris

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have just dropped a bombshell of an announcement with the news that the 2015 Scuderia Ferrari Formula One car will be included in the soon-to-be-released 'Red Pack' on the 14th of July.

The Italian developer becomes only the second SimRacing company to acquire an officially licensed modern era Formula One car after iRacing obtained the rights to reproduce the 2014 McLaren-Honda. The 2015 title challenger from the Prancing Horse was the first car of the Vettel-Ferrari era and won three Grands Prix over the course of the 2015 season.

Fans of open wheel content will rejoice at the prospect of a new car being added to the game, let alone such a spectacular addition as that of a current-spec V6 Turbo Hybrid F1 car. The SF15-T announcement comes hot off the heels of the introduction of the Lamborghini Aventador SV and the Maserati 250F as the cars to feature in the upcoming DLC pack along with a laser scanned version of the Austrian Grand Prix circuit: The RedBull Ring.

Ferrari_SF15T_front.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_fronttv.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_Sidepod.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_sideTV.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_sidetv2.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_sidetv3.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_sidetv4.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_Tcam.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_top.jpgFerrari_SF15T.jpg

Are you excited for the release of the Red Pack? Will you be purchasing it on day one given the news of this latest inclusion?

Last edited:
For me, this is easily the most anticipated car in AC. I was impatiently waiting for the F138 but this announcement is very impressive and totally unexpected. With the LMP1s also coming up, it's good times ahead if downforce is your favorite kind of force :D
100% agree. I really didn't expect this, nor was there any hint of such an announcement. Kunos were playing their cards close to their chest, and you know what? I love that approach. Then when the announcements do come, it's way more special.

The LMP1 car would be cool, as would the F138, but they're sort of known quantities. The SF15-T however is in a league of it's own, by comparison. This is truly special, and I'm not sure many will appreciate just how special this announcement is.

Last edited:
Yep... I'm not as hyped for the LMP1 stuff even though I'm an endurance racing nutjob simply because as it stands now AC's feature set IMO is more suited towards the shorter stint open-wheeler race formats anyway so if they do manage to implement all the important systems that come with the car in a proper way then it will be something really cool indeed. I'm utter :poop: at driving F1 cars yet I'm looking forward to this car more than the 250F mostly because I'm extremely curious as to how (or if) all the complex systems are gonna work in AC because this means a major step forward for AC as a simulator. As folks have said before, iR has shown how beautifully complex the new F1 cars are with their new McLaren, so Kunos are pretty much setting themselves up for a huge fail if they can't produce something at a similar level. Doesn't mean it would stop me from enjoying it though, AC will always be a "happy fun times sim for cocking about" for me but for some people that take it seriously like their lives depended on it are gonna have a field day with Kunos if they don't manage to deliver. :p

EDIT: Kinda probably OT but they are doing a dev stream right now with Aris in it, so maybe some of this stuff might come up. Link -

Last edited:
Kunos and company seems to have come up with the perfect 'winning' formula for simracing.
It's no wonder they're rapidly emerging as the sim of choice.
Seems like every few months, they deliver something new, exciting and very reasonably priced.
At this rate they could continue to develop and optimize AC for years to come, while making budget to pay their employees.
It's a very smart, forward-thinking business model.

https://twitter.com/KunosStefano/status/750080890680803328
I added different engine brake levels to be called while driving.. also want to add different mappings for the power side. #itscomplicated

https://twitter.com/KunosStefano/status/750072380161191938
Very excited by how ERS is coming out... so much management required.

Oh yeah baby!!!!
It's good to see they're working on adding all the various features, ERS, engine mapping, etc. Considering how complex this McLaren is in iRacing, it would be pretty disappointing if the 15-T was lacking in those features.

Things are looking good so far though!

there's a difference between a GP track and a private track...you get the point.

Not really, I want to drive virtual cars around every virtual track possible, regardless of whether it's a "private" track or not. Seeing as only a select few people ever get to drive on the real Fiorano, IMO that's even more reason for us to have a virtual version that everyone can enjoy. That's part of the beauty of sim racing, getting to do something that you'd never get to do otherwise. If an official laser scanned Fiorano was included in AC I doubt many people would say "Oh, that's a private track, not a GP track, so I'm never going to drive on it". Well, unless you're one of those people who just has to be negative at all times.

Not really, I want to drive virtual cars around every virtual track possible, regardless of whether it's a "private" track or not. Seeing as only a select few people ever get to drive on the real Fiorano, IMO that's even more reason for us to have a virtual version that everyone can enjoy. That's part of the beauty of sim racing, getting to do something that you'd never get to do otherwise. If an official laser scanned Fiorano was included in AC I doubt many people would say "Oh, that's a private track, not a GP track, so I'm never going to drive on it". Well, unless you're one of those people who just has to be negative at all times.
you don't get to drive on Fiorano with your 90s Honda Civic irl. Right now you're acting like "I want to do that, so I want to be able to do that even if I'm not allowed". Only few people get to drive there for a reason and for that reason it should stay private, for Ferrari and Ferrari customers only. Its like saying that I want to drive around on your driveway even if I'm not allowed.

you don't get to drive on Fiorano with your 90s Honda Civic irl. Right now you're acting like "I want to do that, so I want to be able to do that even if I'm not allowed". Only few people get to drive there for a reason and for that reason it should stay private, for Ferrari and Ferrari customers only. Its like saying that I want to drive around on your driveway even if I'm not allowed.

I'm not saying I want to drive a 90's Civic around the real Fiorano, just the virtual version. Who cares if we're not allowed to irl? I'm currently not allowed to drive a Lamborghini Huracan GT3 around Silverstone, but I can do it in my gaming room right now if I desire. What's the difference? If you want to create a virtual version of my driveway and drive your virtual car around on it I would have no problem with that. That's pretty much the whole point of sim racing, getting to drive cars and tracks in the virtual world that you couldn't do otherwise. You get the point.

Seeing as a laser scanned Fiorano was featured in Ferrari Virtual Academy and there was even a competition that let FVA competitors drive around the real Fiorano, I think your argument is invalid.

I'm not saying I want to drive a 90's Civic around the real Fiorano, just the virtual version. Who cares if we're not allowed to irl? I'm currently not allowed to drive a Lamborghini Huracan GT3 around Silverstone, but I can do it in my gaming room right now if I desire. What's the difference? If you want to create a virtual version of my driveway and drive your virtual car around on it I would have no problem with that. That's pretty much the whole point of sim racing, getting to drive cars and tracks in the virtual world that you couldn't do otherwise. You get the point.

Seeing as a laser scanned Fiorano was featured in Ferrari Virtual Academy and there was even a competition that let FVA competitors drive around the real Fiorano, I think your argument is invalid.
The problem is that Fiorano is Ferrari's private test track and for that reason Ferrari shouldn't allow it to be available to the public. But whatever floats your boat.

The problem is that Fiorano is Ferrari's private test track and for that reason Ferrari shouldn't allow it to be available to the public. But whatever floats your boat.

Except Ferrari were the ones behind Ferrari Virtual Academy (along with some developer called Kunos) where they let anyone with a computer experience Fiorano in all of its laser scanned glory. If they don't have a problem letting people drive on their virtual private track, which they clearly don't, we shouldn't be bothered by it.

Except Ferrari were the ones behind Ferrari Virtual Academy (along with some developer called Kunos) where they let anyone with a computer experience Fiorano in all of its laser scanned glory. If they don't have a problem letting people drive on their virtual private track, which they clearly don't, we shouldn't be bothered by it.
They might be bothered by someone posting videos of a Mclaren or Porsche being faster than a Ferrari around there.

I'd like to give my try at the Fiorano track, would be extremely interesting to hotlap out all Mclarens and future Porsche at Ferrari playground...Thats why I'm thinking they'll never release it, maybe it would hurt Ferrari image some way..Hope I'm wrong ;-)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back