Assetto Corsa: Ferrari SF15-T 'Red Pack' Trailer

Chris

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have just dropped a bombshell of an announcement with the news that the 2015 Scuderia Ferrari Formula One car will be included in the soon-to-be-released 'Red Pack' on the 14th of July.

The Italian developer becomes only the second SimRacing company to acquire an officially licensed modern era Formula One car after iRacing obtained the rights to reproduce the 2014 McLaren-Honda. The 2015 title challenger from the Prancing Horse was the first car of the Vettel-Ferrari era and won three Grands Prix over the course of the 2015 season.

Fans of open wheel content will rejoice at the prospect of a new car being added to the game, let alone such a spectacular addition as that of a current-spec V6 Turbo Hybrid F1 car. The SF15-T announcement comes hot off the heels of the introduction of the Lamborghini Aventador SV and the Maserati 250F as the cars to feature in the upcoming DLC pack along with a laser scanned version of the Austrian Grand Prix circuit: The RedBull Ring.

Ferrari_SF15T_front.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_fronttv.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_Sidepod.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_sideTV.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_sidetv2.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_sidetv3.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_sidetv4.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_Tcam.jpg Ferrari_SF15T_top.jpgFerrari_SF15T.jpg

Are you excited for the release of the Red Pack? Will you be purchasing it on day one given the news of this latest inclusion?

Last edited:
Why SF15T instead of SF16H?
Is the one also used in Ferrari's public simulation centers, in Italy. Previously they were using the F138 from 2013 season, hoping this one also comes to AC in the future as it was developed by Kunos as well. So yeah, that could be the reason we're getting the SF15T; the current year car is still being used in competition, but the main reason is due to the SF15T being developed for the public simulators at Ferrari centers/museum.

Nice, but what are you meant to race this against? A grid full of other Ferraris?

Ever heard of these crazy magical things called "liveries"? :D

And I don't see the point of multiple F1 cars because they are not a BoP series like GT3, don't see the point of them including every single F1 car when nobody will drive anything other than the one good one. So, one car with multiple liveries will do just fine. But that's me speaking as a primarily multiplayer guy.

I bet I can think of at least three physics gurus that will be tearing the files apart and claiming that everything is wrong before they even drive it.

I am still far more interested in the old Maserati F1 car than this, but still pretty cool that Kunos will have such a recent F1 car.

Reactions: F_B
If someone did his beta tester work it wouldn't happen.
you have made it clear on multiple occasions that you will find problems even when there arent any. That being said mistakes should be corrected. I'm sure you and your lackies are going to enjoy breaking the EULA and decrypting it all to a find a mistake.

Also you clearly have no idea what a beta tester actually does do you. Stick to what you have a modicum of knowledge on unless of course it is your intention to sound outlandish.

Ever heard of these crazy magical things called "liveries"? :D

And I don't see the point of multiple F1 cars because they are not a BoP series like GT3, don't see the point of them including every single F1 car when nobody will drive anything other than the one good one. So, one car with multiple liveries will do just fine. But that's me speaking as a primarily multiplayer guy.

Okay, though these would have to be third-party liveries, right, as I can't see Ferrari wanting official Kunos non-Ferrari liveries on it's own vehicles? Not necessarily a problem, though FOM's recent actions seem to be making this a bit more difficult. I suppose at least modern F1 cars from different manufacturers are more similar in appearance to each other than F1 cars from the '70s, '80s and even '90s, though, so a third-party livery for a different manufacturer wouldn't look quite so odd as they would on those cars, which in some cases also sounded quite different from each other.

Regarding F1 being a non-BoP series, for single-player, does it matter that you're not driving the fastest car? Sometimes a challenge can be interesting. Also would it be so hard to provide an option to have the cars BoP-ed or non-BoP-ed for a race, if that's such a big deal?

I'm not trying to put a downer on things, I'm excited too about this car, just would like to be able to race against a full grid of F1 cars from different manufacturers for greater immersion.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.0%