Assetto Corsa Maserati 250F 'Red Pack' DLC Preview

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AC 250F.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released teaser images of the venerable Maserati 250F Grand Prix due to be included in the upcoming 'Red Pack' DLC for Assetto Corsa.

Hot on the heals of the recent Porsche licencing announcement, Kunos have revealed the latest DLC offering for Assetto Corsa will carry the title 'Red Pack' and contain not only the Juan Manuel Fangio and Sir Stirling Moss piloted Maserati 250F, but also the long awaiting laser scanned Red Bull Ring circuit in Austria.

Little is known about the Red Pack DLC at this stage, however fans are sure to be excited about the prospect of lining up on the grid in the legendary Maserati, a car made famous during the early 1950's by the exploits of some of the greatest drivers of their era. With low grip narrow tyres and a manual 5 speed H pattern gearbox, the 250F should be quite a handful for Assetto Corsa fans to enjoy.

AC Red Bull Ring.jpg

Alongside the Maserati previews Kunos have also shared with us the first images of the upcoming Red Bull Ring circuit based in the Spielberg region of Austria. Falling into disrepair during the early 2000's following the loss of its place on the F1 calendar, Red Bull drinks magnate Dietrich Mateschitz undertook a major renovation programme to bring the facilities and safety measures up to current Grand Prix racing standards. While mostly leaving the track layout unchanged, Mateschitz has invested several million dollars into the facility bringing it to the point where a triumphant return to the Grand Prix schedule in 2014led to victory for the Mercedes of Nico Rosberg.

Assetto Corsa can look forward to a fully laserscanned version of the circuit in the upcoming Red Pack DLC. A pale imitation of its formidable layout used during up to 1995, the 2016 edition of the Red Bull Ring contains all the recent F1 grade modifications including the now traditional DRS zones, as can be seen in the picture above. It is not yet known if the DRS markers are purely aesthetic or if they maybe hint at the prospect of seeing a modern Grand Prix car added to the game in future? Previews of a Ferrari Formula One car have been around for a little while, maybe the new Red Pack DLC could contain something special from Maranello? We'll keep you informed...

Have a look at the RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa forum for all your news and discussion requirements relating to the Italian simulation. We hold a comprehensive download section and mod discussion forum with links to the latest and greatest mods available for the game.

The RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa racing club hold high quality online events using a wide variety of content in game. Check out the upcoming events in our Assetto Corsa Racing Club forum.

Old F1 cars from the 1950's? Sounds exciting, what do you think? Looking forward to the DLC release or would you prefer more features? Think this pack might contain the previous previewed Ferrari F1 car? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the physics will be really good on this one, but I hope this time they actually put some serious effort on the sound, the latest pack (Jap pack) was a huge dissapointment in that area.

Track started as a rip from grid2. It is full of stolen assets. Finally it is not optimized at all and runs 30FPS slower than any official track.

Yeah this is why I never took to it, it's an absolute framerate killer on my PC.

Will be interesting to see how the 250F handles in AC. When I have seen people racing cars from this era at historic meetings they look like fun, if your idea of fun is a car with no grip and terrible brakes :)

This is actually my exact idea of fun.

Curious why they're not calling this Dream Pack 4, since that's what it seems to be.

Track started as a rip from grid2. It is full of stolen assets. Finally it is not optimized at all and runs 30FPS slower than any official track.
I was wondering the same thing... it's been one of my favourite tracks, and I've thought it was a very good mod anyway (no fps lags or anything, runs even better than the official Mugello).
To be honest I've thought they were going to use that mod as a base to improve it. Anyway, really looking forward to the official version :)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 9.9%
  • €3001-5000