Assetto Corsa Competizone - Release 5 Review & New Hotfix Details

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Updated.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione hit version five recently, and to celebrate we've recorded a quick review video, as well detailing the contents of the latest hotfix release...

Ok, so before we get onto the hotfix released earlier today, you might want to check out our version 5 release review video, set to air live on our Twitch RDTV channel at 20:00 UTC Saturday 19th January. You can catch the action on Twitch HERE.

In the video, we will be taking out the new Emil Frey Jaguar G3 on the wonderful Zolder racetrack in a variety of different weather and time of day conditions. Looking at the update in detail, and sharing our thoughts on the way Assetto Corsa Competizone feels post V5 update, the video is a quick and dirty look at one of the most interesting and packed full of potential racing simulations of 2019, check it out..!

RDTV Twitch Channel

In other news, Kunos have released another small hotfix update to the title earlier today, the second such update since deploying the new version 5 build back on Wednesday. The new hotfix, available now, contains various small improvements to both the car, track and simulation itself, details of which can be seen below:

Hotfix V 0.5.2 Notes:
  • Jaguar collider fixed with soft collisions
  • Minor updates to Zolder
  • Fixed incorrect sound played in UI when Zolder is selected
  • Fixed look left/right with chase camera when Lock to Horizon is enabled
  • Fixed camera pitch change when Lock to Horizon is enabled
  • Enabled look left/right with dash and bonnet cameras
  • Fixed look back input using a controller binding

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 5 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:

Jordan Dion

Bluestar Racing
Well, I am patient but the FFB stills so far from good when the FFB on AC is near from perfect !
Wait and see..!
the ffb of acc gt3 car is very different from what they create in gt3 ac car. its suppose to be more realist and close at the real thing. they many more details and feedback from racing team than ac.
if you didn't read the post on the kudos official forum, you should!
personally at the start i found him bad but whit time and practice, its now better! :thumbsup:

anyway ffb is really a matter of taste. i saw some guys that love forza ffb :O_o:

[Da capo] My biggest problem (among many) is that ACC's tires still don't feel like pneumatic rubber devices. They lack the 'springiness' of rubber (technically, 'hysteresis;' what makes a rubber ball bounce); they feel like wooden tires on a sandpaper road.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 85 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000