Assetto Corsa Competizone - Release 5 Review & New Hotfix Details

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Updated.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione hit version five recently, and to celebrate we've recorded a quick review video, as well detailing the contents of the latest hotfix release...

Ok, so before we get onto the hotfix released earlier today, you might want to check out our version 5 release review video, set to air live on our Twitch RDTV channel at 20:00 UTC Saturday 19th January. You can catch the action on Twitch HERE.

In the video, we will be taking out the new Emil Frey Jaguar G3 on the wonderful Zolder racetrack in a variety of different weather and time of day conditions. Looking at the update in detail, and sharing our thoughts on the way Assetto Corsa Competizone feels post V5 update, the video is a quick and dirty look at one of the most interesting and packed full of potential racing simulations of 2019, check it out..!

RDTV Twitch Channel

In other news, Kunos have released another small hotfix update to the title earlier today, the second such update since deploying the new version 5 build back on Wednesday. The new hotfix, available now, contains various small improvements to both the car, track and simulation itself, details of which can be seen below:

Hotfix V 0.5.2 Notes:
  • Jaguar collider fixed with soft collisions
  • Minor updates to Zolder
  • Fixed incorrect sound played in UI when Zolder is selected
  • Fixed look left/right with chase camera when Lock to Horizon is enabled
  • Fixed camera pitch change when Lock to Horizon is enabled
  • Enabled look left/right with dash and bonnet cameras
  • Fixed look back input using a controller binding

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 5 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
What I'd like to see more of: Honest raw opinions from real drivers who are not affiliated with the development team of the sim in question.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it so far, but for an alternative RL driver's view of the Huracan in ACC, take a look at:
Romain Monti is a current Blancpain Huracan driver who won the Total 24 Hours of Spa Silver Cup class last year and seems to enjoy driving in ACC. He looks to be able to drive quickly and doesn't have the same "issues completing 1-2 laps without crashing due to characteristics that aren't there in real life" that Josh Webster has. I'm not saying who is correct, just that these are very different opinions from different RL drivers

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it so far, but for an alternative RL driver's view of the Huracan in ACC, take a look at:
Romain Monti is a current Blancpain Huracan driver who won the Total 24 Hours of Spa Silver Cup class last year and seems to enjoy driving in ACC. He looks to be able to drive quickly and doesn't have the same "issues completing 1-2 laps without crashing due to characteristics that aren't there in real life" that Josh Webster has. I'm not saying who is correct, just that these are very different opinions from different RL drivers
That was what I talked about here:
https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...new-hotfix-details.163818/page-6#post-2901168

Last edited:
I hate to be paranoid, but:

1) ACC is the Officially Licensed Game of the Blancpain GT Series.

2) Romain is a currently-active participant in the Blancpain GT Series. He's actually in the game itself. The same game he's "reviewing".

3) Romain's sponsors (who have a vested interest in the ongoing popularity of the GT series) probably wouldn't be too happy to find out their driver has been trashing the Officially Licensed Game of the Blancpain GT Series.

4) It's highly likely that all drivers currently in the series are under a non-disparagement clause that includes the Officially Licensed Game of the Blancpain GT Series.

Therefore:
What are the chances that Romain feels completely free to give us his real, unedited opinions about the game?

Having briefly been an amateur driver with sponsors, rule #1 is: Only say nice things about your sponsors. Or their friends. Or anyone they do business with.

Last edited:
No need to be paranoid if steam account name is like some real drivers name. When it supports your opinion you can just take it all as truth.

Probably Monti hates the game too and he can't do 1-2 laps without crashing. All his videos are driven by AI or someone else. :thumbsup:
It's highly unlikely that someone would choose to impersonate a driver (and leave a Steam review) who is obscure enough that I had to spend time doing my own background research to even find out when/where he actually drove a Huracan in competition.

An impersonator would have given me all those details up front - to solidify his arguments. Instead, the reviewer merely mentioned in passing that he had driven the car. I then had to go look up the rest.

No one is saying (or even implying) that "Monti hates the game". That's simplistic and (hopefully, for your sake) a joke. What I am saying is that he is very likely to be contractually prevented from telling you anything seriously bad about the game. I'm not fluent in spoken French, so tell me: Does he ever say anything seriously negative about the game?

While you're so active in both threads here and at the official forum you should know what Monti think about ACC:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...-drivers-discussion.54623/page-2#post-1020566
BTW: The way of your argumentation is ridiculous :cautious:
Happy to be wrong about this, man. I want ACC to be great, just like everyone else. Clearly you believe that merely asking questions is somehow being negative or "ridiculous". Do you really think you're helping ACC get better by just defending it blindly?

How about you expend the effort to actually show that my "argumentation is ridiculous" instead of merely declaring it (as if that makes it a fact somehow)? Like I said, I want to be wrong anyway - so I'm eagerly awaiting your new information on the subject (and calling me names doesn't count).

I'm aware that we've seen plenty of testimonials from drivers about past games that turned out to be dead wrong. And, for some reason, those drivers tend to be on the payroll of the game developer or in some way associated with them. I have no idea about Monti, but I do know he's a contracted driver in the series and ACC is the official game of that series. Therefore, I seriously doubt he would be free to tell you something like: "The physics for the Huracan are really bad right now".

Note that I am NOT saying the physics ARE bad.
All I'm saying is that I'd like to hear it from someone who isn't required to say nice things about it.

BTW - that video is in French and there are no English subtitles.

I have no idea about Monti, but I do know he's a contracted driver in the series and ACC is the official game of that series. Therefore, I seriously doubt he would be free to tell you something like: "The physics for the Huracan are really bad right now".

I don't think that he's under any obligation at all to Kunos. I can't imagine that the Blancpain organizers have any control whatsoever over what the series drivers say about the realism of ACC. They're there to drive the real cars, not to promote the software. In my opinion, someone who drives the actual car in the Blancpain series AND is an enthusiastic sim racer is the most likely driver to be able to comment on how well his car is simulated in ACC.

Happy to be wrong about this, man. I want ACC to be great, just like everyone else. Clearly you believe that merely asking questions is somehow being negative or "ridiculous". Do you really think you're helping ACC get better by just defending it blindly?

How about you expend the effort to actually show that my "argumentation is ridiculous" instead of merely declaring it (as if that makes it a fact somehow)? Like I said, I want to be wrong anyway - so I'm eagerly awaiting your new information on the subject (and calling me names doesn't count).

I'm aware that we've seen plenty of testimonials from drivers about past games that turned out to be dead wrong. And, for some reason, those drivers tend to be on the payroll of the game developer or in some way associated with them. I have no idea about Monti, but I do know he's a contracted driver in the series and ACC is the official game of that series. Therefore, I seriously doubt he would be free to tell you something like: "The physics for the Huracan are really bad right now".

Note that I am NOT saying the physics ARE bad.
All I'm saying is that I'd like to hear it from someone who isn't required to say nice things about it.

BTW - that video is in French and there are no English subtitles.
After reading your reply I came to the conclusion there is nothing left to say.
It's like argumenting with a flat earther.

I hate to be paranoid, but:

1) ACC is the Officially Licensed Game of the Blancpain GT Series.

2) Romain is a currently-active participant in the Blancpain GT Series. He's actually in the game itself. The same game he's "reviewing".

3) Romain's sponsors (who have a vested interest in the ongoing popularity of the GT series) probably wouldn't be too happy to find out their driver has been trashing the Officially Licensed Game of the Blancpain GT Series.

4) It's highly likely that all drivers currently in the series are under a non-disparagement clause that includes the Officially Licensed Game of the Blancpain GT Series.

Therefore:
What are the chances that Romain feels completely free to give us his real, unedited opinions about the game?

Having briefly been an amateur driver with sponsors, rule #1 is: Only say nice things about your sponsors. Or their friends. Or anyone they do business with.
That is so right!
Guys... Wake up! We calll this marketing!:thumbsup:

I'm not fluent in spoken French, so tell me: Does he ever say anything seriously negative about the game?
Didn't even watch the video. If it's in French I don't understand it. If he nevertheless can do more than 1-2 laps without crashing he might not have anything seriously negative to say about the game. Unless he try current online. :D

He is listed VIP in game leaderboards so he could be beta tester. Then he must have direct connection with devs and he's able to keep feedback private.

You are right that defending ACC blindly doesn't help anyone. It's same as if you defend blindly 1-2lap review from real driver (assumed).

After reading your reply I came to the conclusion there is nothing left to say.
It's like argumenting with a flat earther.
Who's "argumenting"?

You've yet to provide anything to support whatever opinion you've got. Instead of just attacking people anonymously and suggesting I re-watch a French-only video, why don't you try to support your opinion with some sort of evidence or at least a well-reasoned theory?

That isn't "argumenting". It's called a "discussion".

Who's "argumenting"?

You've yet to provide anything to support whatever opinion you've got. Instead of just attacking people anonymously and suggesting I re-watch a French-only video, why don't you try to support your opinion with some sort of evidence or at least a well-reasoned theory?

That isn't "argumenting". It's called a "discussion".
There is a short review/translation under the video I've linked. And this is not in French. Also you already know it because you've answered on it.
This discussion/argumentation (whatever you like it to call) is pointless because you just picking up the parts which suits your opinion.
Also I'm far away from "blindly defending ACC".
But I'm not stuck in an endless discussion about ONE review at steam. And by the way a very unprofessional written review.

Last edited:

No one is required to say nice things about it, those drivers participate because they have a genuine interest in contributing to development, and the channels have been very open to finding a way to us. We are not a big enough company to afford it otherwise.

As for such a heated debate just because you found someone who doesn't like it and suddenly considering it the holy grail of all feedback, I have to laugh, and frankly it is highly demotivating considering the hard work and collaboration with drivers and engineers alike that goes on in the background. No offence to the driver, he's welcome to share whatever he feels.

Last edited:
I re-installed this today and gave it another go.

In practice mode it was pretty good. I enjoyed the (VR) driving experience, there was no flickering or frame drops and the whole thing seemed pretty responsive.

I didn't try the AI, last time I tried to race against them it was like they were on elastic. If I got close to one and challenged it, it found 2 seconds from somerhere in defending a corner and shot up to the back of the car in front. I don't think this will have changed ... yet.

Went online and it was a wholly confusing experience.

Will there be such a thing as a 'quick race' in ACC online?!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back