Assetto Corsa Competizione: V1.0.7 Public Update Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC V1.6 Update.jpg

The new V1.0.7 update for Assetto Corsa Competizione is now live...

... including a few additional fixes over and above the public beta release that dropped a few days previously.

Just like we reported in our ACC V1.0.7 beta update article, the main feature of the newly released build has to be the latest five point tyre model introduced as part of the latest release.. however we also have a few additional changes for this main public update which can be seen below...

ACC V1.0.7 Additional Changes:
  • Fixed wrong brake bias and power values in saved games NOTE: in this build, old mid-session saved games will no longer load.
  • Possible fix for TrackIR flickering issues
  • Fixed TrackIR wrong axis translations
  • Fixed wrong MFD ECU map values in the Porsche Cup and Huracan SuperTrofeo
  • Minor styling fix for the Tyre widget
  • Fixed wrong visual representation of wet surfaces that was introduced in 1.0.6
For fear of repeating myself, you can check out the update notes from the 1.0.7 beta release HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Why just you don't check for yourself?????
Experiencies vary from people, software and hardware. Jeeeeez :rolleyes:

So far the objective response, if you wanted an echo-chamber, please find another thread.

The ever-so-helpful RD simracing community. Way to respond to a simple polite question about a game.

The ever-so-helpful RD simracing community. Way to respond to a simple polite question about a game.

This.
The guy may have uninstalled the game, and just wants to know if it's worth downloading again. It's not even like he was complaining.

Well, if the VR-community could be a little bit less obnoxious, that'd be great too.

Was HE being obnoxious? Should we judge a person on other peoples behaviour?

VR is still just a loud minority and most of them aren't happy with any title, most of it is down to their hardware, their Vr-set which is just not up to the task as it is too early a generation and their entitlement not understanding they spent a ton of money on stuff that doesn't work yet.

So far the objective response, if you wanted an echo-chamber, please find another thread.

God forbid anyone feeling entitled that something they've paid good money for should work.

Last edited:
VR is still just a loud minority and most of them aren't happy with any title, most of it is down to their hardware, their Vr-set which is just not up to the task as it is too early a generation and their entitlement not understanding they spent a ton of money on stuff that doesn't work yet.

Wow, thanks for slighting a large minority of the sim racing community.

Nice job! Imagine expecting something more than just what we've always been given, as technology and adoption rates continue to improve. Completely shocking concept, I know.

Are you mad at refrigerators and supermarkets, too?

So, how do you use this TrackIR support? I am struggling to understand how I can use this in ACC. Do I need some sort of tracking device?

(I have asked about this in a separate post. Yes, I am dumb).
It has nothing to do with beeing dumb mate :)
You'll need something like this:
https://www.amazon.de/Trackir-Gamer...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

So you can move your head to move the cam ingame while your eyes are stay stationary.
At least to my understanding :geek:

:)

When using TrackIR I have some weird flickering/ghosting going on. The only way to fix it for me was to set scaling to 200% (which cuts my fps in half, thus not the optimal solution).

Does anyone know of anything else I could try?

Well, I tried to use my trackir and strange thing happened: when I look to the right, screen turn to the left and vice versa. So I reload trackir and ACC, but no change. I use my default trackir setup for Raceroom, or AMS and there is everything okay. Except of this, trackir had no effect on fps or graphics.

Well, I tried to use my trackir and strange thing happened: when I look to the right, screen turn to the left and vice versa. So I reload trackir and ACC, but no change. I use my default trackir setup for Raceroom, or AMS and there is everything okay. Except of this, trackir had no effect on fps or graphics.
You have to check invert axis in your settings.ini for ACC (I think it's the same in AC as well).

Thank you very much for this great update, after enjoying lapping and quick racing in VR, I can happily report that 1.07 is the best ACC version we have had. It is a pleasure to drive, it looks great, the AI race well, the menus and HUD works well. Any one curious about Blancpain is getting a very realistic and enjoyable driving and racing experience with this latest version of ACC.

Finally, we have a game that includes full storm conditions and the player car can race evenly with the AI.

This has blown me away this morning - full storm conditions at night with 29 AI cars in VR and everything works superbly. Peering through the gloom and spray to pick out the car in front or a braking point (which moves as the tyres heat up) really does it for me. It's both stressful and exciting to race in conditions like this. For me it's the ultimate challenge.

I've included the external replay footage so you can see the difference between the onboard (almost no visibility) to what the external camera sees.

Yes, the aI pack get a bit tangled up at Druids on the first lap and I take advantage but after that it becomes a real challenge to keep up and pass them.

These are the elements that make this storm, night racing incredible for me:

+ The visibility is limited and I have to really concentrate but I can see enough to race. The lighting hitting the spray and other cars is superb. I remember the early access days when the track in front was whited out by the player car lights and the red glare from brake lights made it impossible to see what was happening.

+ The track is streaming wet but the cars remain drivable and can race. It's great to feel the wheel being tugged around by the standing water on Hawthorn Hill (careful to keep the car straight through the kink at Pilgrims Drop because there is some standing water that will throw the car off track).

+ As more rain falls the car understeers through Paddock and for a brief moment I'm a passenger, letting the car run wide onto the kerbs and follow it's own line works.

+ The AI are flat out on the straights and planning is required to catch and overtake them.

+ The traction control works superbly, the dash light flashing away to show it working, turning the TC down allows more acceleration but make the standing water deadly. As the tyres warm up the TC can be lowered slightly and that proves to be a good way to pass the AI.

+ Even with these most challenging conditions Oculus VR is sustaining 45fps most of the time. I noticed the occasional dip to 43 and one to 40fps on looking at the in-car footage but there was no stutter or impact on the gameplay live in the HMD.

From a pure sim driving experience perspective, I see this as mission accomplished with ACC:

Does ACC feel like driving a real car on track in various conditions? Yes the FFB is now superb.
Is it so addictive I just want to drive more laps and feel excited racing the AI? Yes 100%

More 'game' in terms of career mode, leaderboards and more hotstint challenges would complete the package but there is more than enough fun to be had here for the money.

Fabulous and now easy to recommend, Steam review changed accordingly.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back