Assetto Corsa Competizione: V1.0.7 Public Update Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC V1.6 Update.jpg

The new V1.0.7 update for Assetto Corsa Competizione is now live...

... including a few additional fixes over and above the public beta release that dropped a few days previously.

Just like we reported in our ACC V1.0.7 beta update article, the main feature of the newly released build has to be the latest five point tyre model introduced as part of the latest release.. however we also have a few additional changes for this main public update which can be seen below...

ACC V1.0.7 Additional Changes:
  • Fixed wrong brake bias and power values in saved games NOTE: in this build, old mid-session saved games will no longer load.
  • Possible fix for TrackIR flickering issues
  • Fixed TrackIR wrong axis translations
  • Fixed wrong MFD ECU map values in the Porsche Cup and Huracan SuperTrofeo
  • Minor styling fix for the Tyre widget
  • Fixed wrong visual representation of wet surfaces that was introduced in 1.0.6
For fear of repeating myself, you can check out the update notes from the 1.0.7 beta release HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

from ACC forum:

GENERAL:

- Added enable TrackIR camera setting.
Disabling the plugin eliminates possible view-related issues caused by tracking devices used in other games.
- Possible fix for localVelocity in shared memory struct.

GAMEPLAY:
- Fixed inconsistent AI skill levels when reloading a saved game.

GRAPHICS:
- Removed slow convolution bloom from intro sequence cameras in Monza that caused massive performance drop and possible crash on ultrawide screen resolutions when entering a session.

I had some time to test the new version and my opinion is mixed about it. First of all, the new tyre changes are great, you can still spin on the curbs, but it happens fewer times. The performance fixes also increased the stability of the game and frame skips are less common now, but it didn't increase the fps for me, which isn't a big deal. The game is a much better state now, however there are several bugs which did not get fixed yet. The pit window sometimes stuck and cannot be deactivated which is annoying. The cars still float sometimes, which destroys the immersion and the second immersion breaking bug is when in career the AI doesn't swap their driver or swap him too late and disqualificate themselves in the process. Here is an example:
XtejSJe.jpg

ouch, that looks seriously bad. what game mode? what race length, what sort of pit (window or stint?)? I'm currently at 1:15 of a 3h race and the AI did the first cycle of pits just fine (mode: everything set by player, 3h, driver stint), also: AI seem to have little to no problem lapping other AI, at least as far as I can follow the Action in replay (AI 85%, aggro 95%).

ouch, that looks seriously bad. what game mode? what race length, what sort of pit (window or stint?)? I'm currently at 1:15 of a 3h race and the AI did the first cycle of pits just fine (mode: everything set by player, 3h, driver stint), also: AI seem to have little to no problem lapping other AI, at least as far as I can follow the Action in replay (AI 85%, aggro 95%).

Career as I mentioned, 10 minute race stints, the picture posted above was the worst case of the bug, usually only 2 or 3 drivers DSQ per race because of that. (AI 85% Aggro 85%) The AI does pit during the race, but something goes wrong.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 138 13.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 142 13.8%