Assetto Corsa Competizione: V1.0.7 Public Update Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC V1.6 Update.jpg

The new V1.0.7 update for Assetto Corsa Competizione is now live...

... including a few additional fixes over and above the public beta release that dropped a few days previously.

Just like we reported in our ACC V1.0.7 beta update article, the main feature of the newly released build has to be the latest five point tyre model introduced as part of the latest release.. however we also have a few additional changes for this main public update which can be seen below...

ACC V1.0.7 Additional Changes:
  • Fixed wrong brake bias and power values in saved games NOTE: in this build, old mid-session saved games will no longer load.
  • Possible fix for TrackIR flickering issues
  • Fixed TrackIR wrong axis translations
  • Fixed wrong MFD ECU map values in the Porsche Cup and Huracan SuperTrofeo
  • Minor styling fix for the Tyre widget
  • Fixed wrong visual representation of wet surfaces that was introduced in 1.0.6
For fear of repeating myself, you can check out the update notes from the 1.0.7 beta release HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Didnt follow ACC for some time, hows performance and vr after the update?

VR is still just a loud minority and most of them aren't happy with any title, most of it is down to their hardware, their Vr-set which is just not up to the task as it is too early a generation and their entitlement not understanding they spent a ton of money on stuff that doesn't work yet.

So far the objective response, if you wanted an echo-chamber, please find another thread.

Seems a stable improvement on the tyre front, just did the hotstint at a wet silverstone, went P2 in standings.....if only I hadn't span on lap 2, id be about 15 seconds ahead. Setup still needs work, I reckon theres a good 20-30 seconds to come :D

EDIT:

Did another run, took 20 seconds off my time. Now just to wait for the aliens to destroy my P1 over the weekend :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm impressed with many aspects of this update, especially the wet handling with the new tyre model, it is superb. With cold wet tyres on the first 2 laps it is a tricky challenge but as with real wet tracks once the tyres warm-up and the cars run a consistent line the confidence just grows. Even with my TX458 wheel I get a full sense of what is happening with the car, where the grip is, when the limit of grip is reached and I can now catch most slides where I struggled before.

I struggled with the Huracan on a dry track but the 650S is superb so that's either a car issue or just me. The new TC also seems to work more progressively in the wet than the dry.

As for VR, in my opinion, something has changed significantly. I'm seeing an absolutely rock solid lock to 45fps even at night and wet conditions.

The feel of the car is now real genius in my opinion, that is how real cars feel on a wet track, challenging and tricky with a need to build confidence but not impossible to drive. The lighting, sound, distorted vision, reflections on the track and from the car in front all look as real as it gets with the games we have so far.

The AI behaviour is also excellent, they leave racing room for the player but fight back too, they also race each other which is great to see.

The career still needs work but the core handling and racing is now something special, the fact VR is working well enough with a full 29 car AI field is a bonus I didn't expect.

Riding kerbs is much more consistent, "WTF just happened" moments still occur occasionally. AI ramming through also happens from time to time:

Also tried multiplayer, but it looks like being in the american time zone still means sparsely populated servers, leading to pretty much hot-lapping, unless you're lucky enough to stumble upon another driver having the same pace :(

Overall I'm happy with this update, I might actually try to complete the carrier mode just out of curiosity (I finished the Zolder race the other day, and I finished top 5 or something, on Brands I qualified last, 3 seconds off, do I really suck that much compared to Zolder???).

Riding kerbs is much more consistent, "WTF just happened" moments still occur occasionally. AI ramming through also happens from time to time:

Also tried multiplayer, but it looks like being in the american time zone still means sparsely populated servers, leading to pretty much hot-lapping, unless you're lucky enough to stumble upon another driver having the same pace :(

Overall I'm happy with this update, I might actually try to complete the carrier mode just out of curiosity (I finished the Zolder race the other day, and I finished top 5 or something, on Brands I qualified last, 3 seconds off, do I really suck that much compared to Zolder???).

Kind of looks a little like you closed the door on the AI there as it’s your car that was moving to the right. I’m calling racing incident :)

Now that's more like it. Update has lived up to my expectations. Steering/driving, as one commentator stated; "steering is predictable, in a good way". I had also expected a hit of my fps, but I haven't noticed any difference. So, good onya Kunos - I am one very happy camper.

Kind of looks a little like you closed the door on the AI there as it’s your car that was moving to the right. I’m calling racing incident :)
The AI had no overlap when I started to brake, so I think I had the right to choose my racing line (and still leaving him enough place, didn't push him into the grass):
ai.png

With all that said, I don't have an issue having a contact (in fact I like that they fight back, even if it results in contact), it's just that instead of backing off they push through, and I cannot do much once the contact is made. Fortunately it doesn't happen too often, but it still can be frustrating.

Now that's more like it. Update has lived up to my expectations. Steering/driving, as one commentator stated; "steering is predictable, in a good way". I had also expected a hit of my fps, but I haven't noticed any difference. So, good onya Kunos - I am one very happy camper.
Make that another happy camper...totally enjoying the drive.

When using TrackIR I have some weird flickering/ghosting going on. The only way to fix it for me was to set scaling to 200% (which cuts my fps in half, thus not the optimal solution).

Does anyone know of anything else I could try?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 282 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 39.9%