Assetto Corsa Competizione Roadmap - Price Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Release Schedule.jpg

Launch day is getting closer, and now we know what we can expect to pay and the content we will receive during the Early Access development of ACC...

At 24.99eu upon launch this September 12th, Assetto Corsa Competizione is certainly one very competitively priced piece of software - even if the initial build of the simulation will be a little light on content and features in the opening weeks of its development.

In something of a very welcome move by Kunos Simulazioni, those who make the decision to adopt early into the programme will be rewarded with a heavily discounted price, a nice reward for the first players in the door, and a very sound move by Kunos to reward the loyal fanbase of the title. With monthly updates, features and new content planned right the way through to early 2019 prior to a full launch, the game will steadily rise in price up to the final retail cost in Q1 2019.

ACC 1.jpg
ACC 2.jpg
ACC 3.jpg
ACC 4.jpg
ACC 5.jpg
ACC 6.jpg
ACC 7.jpg

I think this is a rather impressive strategy from Kunos, and very clearly shows what gamers can expect to receive with the title from the very earliest stages of the development path - bravo to Kunos for this refreshing and clear, open and honest approach.

Assetto Corsa Competizione will be available to purchase on Steam Early Access from September 12th 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to ACC? At which stage of development are you planning on purchasing the game (if at all)? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Upfront as far as what to expect but for me a bit concerning as it sounds like a cash flow issue and interested to see if they make it to the final phase.

I was sure that I'd buy in at first chance but, now that I see the price, I'm hesitant due to feeling as though I'm taking advantage of Kunos' good will. Maybe I should wait until the price increases . . .

. . . nah, I'll just buy 2 copies on day one and gift one away. :thumbsup:

They also have the data from their own game that would have told them that GT racing is by far and away the most popular racing done in AC.

Perhaps GT3 is most popular in AC because it has the most complete field? Chicken or egg, hmm?

No, I have nothing against GT3 and personally enjoy it more than open-wheelers, but let's be realistic about what content is most popular overall.

I think your trusted source needs to guess again. I'm fairly confident it takes longer than a year to make a sim.
He's a well known persona in the sim racing community with inside knowledge of this.

And it doesn't take long when you imagine they have almost all the cars, tracks, the engine already built, and so on. Besides, initial release will be one car and one track.

They also have the data from their own game that would have told them that GT racing is by far and away the most popular racing done in AC.
GTR2 was one of the few true simulators to actually replicate one or more seasons of a real-world racing series with all the cars and tracks, have a full night/day cycle, weather cycles, real road, a driving school, and so on (you can read more about it here). Since then, I don't recall any sim having this much focus into replicating one specific series, it's almost always been something like 'let's grab some GT cars, some F1 cars, a few road cars, some tracks, perhaps even an ice cream truck, and let's call it a simulator'.

Not only the consistency wasn't there, content and features weren't either. Ever since GTR2 there was been no complete package for a simulator, until ACC.

We've waited 12 years for a successor of GTR2, and we finally got it. It's not a matter of knowing that the GT3 class is popular, we've known this for perhaps a decade or more - it's a matter of a simulator being focused, consistent with a real-world series (and not a mish-mash of classes) having all the cars, tracks, rules, and so on.

Last edited:
Perhaps GT3 is most popular in AC because it has the most complete field? Chicken or egg, hmm?
Plus the cars are easier to drive and look good too.

Personally I'm kinda sick of GT3 racing, it's been overused on virtually all simulators so far. But with the prospect of the competitive nature of ACC, it being officially licensed, having all the rules, real drivers' names, and everything pairing with the real Blancpain series, I'm actually excited to try it. I'd be happy to race on the real Blancpain, I'm more than happy to compete on it's virtual representation.

Purchasing ACC... I wasn't going to go in for the Early Access, however the price schedule is very compelling now that Kunos has mapped out the development.

Obviously the right course of action for people like me is to wait until the last possible moment while monitoring the game's progress. See how fps on triple screens is through the weather & day/night cycle, whether/how the AI is improved from AC, etc. before making a purchase decision.

Those Italians...
they're really cheap. :x3:
Note to myself... never ever hire a real estate agent from Italy.
On a more serious note - I really like this Road map. Such a beautiful, straight, bump-less road map.

Lyrics
On the road again
I just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again

On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again

Here we go, on the road again
Like a band of Gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends
Insisting that the world keep turnin' our way

And our way is on the road again
I just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again, break free

Songwriters: Willie Nelson
On the Road Again lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Better structured events

• Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

• No 3rd party registration pages